“Nice time , good hotel”
Review of Adelaide Rockford

Adelaide Rockford
Ranked #22 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed for 4 nights at this establishment, was a bit dubious at first given its position on Hindley st but was very pleasantly surprised, reception staff where helpful , courteous and polite, Room was spacious ,clean and the bed was superb. Our room was facing Hindley yet we got no traffic noise. Easy walking distance to everything or at least a short taxi ride to Gouger St (10 bucks) close to Airport and Train Station. We really enjoyed our stay here and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had to spend 5 nights in Adelaide for a conference. Chose this hotel as it had the largest hotel room for my wife and I. Its been done up, but lacks a clock radio. Its a sterile hotel, with narrow hallways. It does have a laundry facility onsite, which is a bonus. Staff were very good, night staff Vinnay on reception (I think) was very friendly. Its close to the bars and shops but in a downtown location, near the Uni. We never felt unsafe and walked around freely during the week, weekends may be different. As a platinum member had a free drink at the bar but no free bottled water in the room.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Suite - can recommend the space and cooking facilities.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Rockford hotel on a Wednesday night, and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The check in was easy, and the staff were lovely.
The room was spacious and very clean, with a large television, and two double beds, which was perfect for what we needed. The room also came with free wireless internet for as many devices as I had, however, it ended up being quite difficult to use as every time I switched apps on my iPhone, or locked the screen, I had to login again which after doing it so often, wasted a lot of time.
I drove to Adelaide, and I had assumed that we would be offered free parking within the building. However upon arrival we were informed that the parking cost $18 pet night and was subject to availability. Luckily we got the last space, which meant that I did not have to park across the road in a standard parking complex.
We decided to walk to rundle mall, which is only a short walking distance away, and we're rather shocked by the number of adult facilities in the area, including adult cinemas, bookstores and strip clubs, which did not bother me too much, but would be inappropriate for a young family to walk past. If those facilities were not their, it would be the perfect location.
Overall we greatly enjoyed our stay and would be more than happy to return.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Joshua T
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This is a good hotel which I stayed two nights for work.
It's close to city centre without being right in the middle. It's located on western end (University end) of Hindley St.
For families this hotel is maybe a little close to the seedier section of Hindley St but for everyone else it is closer to airport and the railway station & bus stop are only a few blocks away.
Really liked the modern spacious room and the iPad that you can use for free was a real nice touch.
Good restaurant and good range for breakfast but too expensive at over $20 for a continental.
Nice & simple bar & lounge.
Small car park under the building.
Hotel is part of the Accor companies.
Overall for business a great hotel. For personal really good as well unless you have a young family then I would suggest to stay elsewhere given the seedy nightlife a block away.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Wishing I had read the reviews prior to booking, I stayed in a lovely room but couldn't sleep a wink due to the noise across the road. Originally allocated a room on the ground floor, I asked to change rooms to avoid traffic noise, unfortunately, even on level 3 there was both traffic and night club noise. Needs better soundproofing for such a central location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Being an Accor platinum member I selected the Rockford as it was just a 5 minute walk away from the Conference centre. Being placed in a basic invalid room was about as bad as it gets. No lid on the toilet seat, unclean, tatty furniture... if this was the upgrade Platinum members are entitled to, I fear what I was upgraded from. Please note I booked and paid almost $1,000 months ago. Not all things were awful. Staff members Suji and Woo were exceptional and the bar/restaurant were not only comfortable, but I was also made to feel 'special" by these two. Regarding location, If you have a sore back can I suggest you have easy access to any one of the forty or so massage parlours within 400 metres of the hotel ( Adelaide's equivalent of Kings Cross I guess; fine if that's what you're looking for). For me; Never again. Forgive me for being negative but its not what I expect from Accor.

Room Tip: No idea; complaining did nothing for me. Sink was about 800 mm above floor level obviously catering...
1  Thank peterCareyBay