“Great hotel and location”
Review of Hilton Adelaide

Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Goulburn, New South Wales, Australia
“Great hotel and location”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The location of the Hilton, Adelaide was terrific. The tram was right outside, the Adelaide Central markets were 50m away and the mainly asian restaurants just around the corner. Must also add that the mix nuts served with drinks in the bar were really good - unfortunately you can't buy them!

Room Tip: we were on the 14th floor so had no street noise
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Georgina K,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We are fortunate to be located in the hub of Victoria Square very central to the markets and many popular restaurants while also being in walking distance to the city centre. The tram stop outside the hotel is a convenient way to travel around the city and I am pleased this location suited your needs during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We only stayed overnight,although the rooms need updating and are small but most importantly they were clean and comfortable.
The foyer is lovely but the rest does need a refurbish,especially under the Hilton name.Staff were very pleasent and helpful and a checkout of 1pm is fantastic.We did have to wait a long time for the valet was the only bad experience.Maybe call down earlier would be my suggestion,so your not waiting over half an hour.

Dear Terri C,

I appreciate your honest review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and you were happy with the pleasant manner of the team.

Your comments regarding the general feeling of the hotel are appreciated. We are in the process of organising our next renovation which will improve the overall atmosphere of the hotel.

December is a very busy month. We have had many large functions in the hotel recently which has resulted in a delay in retrieving vehicles. I apologise for this inconvenience.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Hilton Adelaide for 4 nights in November. It was a last minute trip as we had a funeral to attend to. I booked via Wotif and as I use to live in Adelaide I was not fussed with which hotel I got so I actually chose a 'Wot Room' which essentially is you don't know what you get until after you pay for it. Luckily for us we got the Hilton. I didn't have high expectations as it was a basic room with no additions and although the Hilton has been a 5 star hotel, I know their main clientele are business travellers either in Adelaide for work or are attending a conference in the hotel so did not expect anything more than standard service.

This expectation was proven wrong from the start. We were lucky enough to be able to check in to our room straight away (11:30am). Although our room was not on a high floor, we still had a view of Victoria Square (although it's in the middle of construction it was still nice to be able to see what was going on instead of just a view of another building).
Next thing that surprised us was a late afternoon knock at our door with champagne and chocolates. Turns out my partners Mum had ordered them for us and after a bit of reluctance on the phone she explained that we were in Adelaide attending a funeral. We later found out that the staff courtesy of the General Manager sent the bottle up complimentary. This to me is wonderful and thoughtful and I cannot thank the staff enough.
I cannot talk up the Collins Bar enough, it has undergone a fabulous transformation from the previous Charlies Bar and the atmosphere and cocktails are excellent! We had a wonderful bar tender called Henry that showed us how drinks were made allowing some of my friends to sample a interesting bacon whisky cocktail. My partner of course had to order that!

All up, the rooms are well kept, the bathroom could use a revamp but it was functional and apart from the shower head (was spurting water to the side!) I had no problems. I am not an overly fussy traveller, but I do expect standard pleasant service and a clean well kept room. The Hilton Adelaide exceeded all of my expectations and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a non smoking room. Although our room didn't smell like smoke, there was a lingering sme...
Dear suz182,

I appreciate you passing on such a positive review of your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I understand that your reason for travelling was not a positive one however I am delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations in service and assist in making sure your needs were taken care of during this difficult time.

We are very proud of our newly opened Collins Bar and I am pleased you were able to experience the delightful cocktails they serve. It is interesting to hear people’s comments regarding the transformation of the old Charlie’s Bar.

I appreciate your comments regarding your room and facilities. We are in the planning stages of organising our next renovation to the guest areas of the hotel in the aim of improving the overall look and feel of the area.

Jannali, Australia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Everything about this hotel was outstanding, particularly in comparison to a Hilton I stayed at the previous weekend in another State. Check-in was very smooth, with at least 3 people at the desk plus the concierge.Our room was a corner room on the 17th floor, had excellent views, was clean, very comfortable, plenty of space. We had access to the Executive Lounge, which had a nice selection of food and drinks, better than some other lounges I've eaten at.The breakfast area is very stylish, great food, nice staff.Try the Black Pig bacon, it's rather unique.There is a good workout area, pool, spa and sauna.I managed to do my normal lap swimming, even though it is a small pool.Parking is offsite, so it can take 10-15 minutes to get your car delivered.As a Gold member, I do not pay for internet, but the business lounge is being renovated , so I believe there should not be a charge while that is happening.Special mention to the kind staff member who handed in my wallet after it had fallen out of my pocket in the hallway adjacent to my room,everything intact.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on an upper level. even if you have to pay to upgrade.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear DerekHulme,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you found the team to be helpful and attentive. We do have a great team that take pride in their work and I am glad that you were able to experience this during your stay.

Our Executive Chef and his team do create quite an interesting array of Australian cuisine and I am pleased you found this to your liking.

We are in the planning process for more renovations to the guest areas of the hotel however nothing has been set in concrete as yet. We are very excited to be able to improve and update the facilities we provide to our guests.

I am relieved that your wallet was found and was passed back to you without delay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed here using a Wotif special - paid $200 which included a refurbished room, breakfast, parking and a late checkout. Hotel is very nice and rooms were comfortable. Staff were friendly and the buffet breakfast was beautiful. My only gripe was waiting over 40 mins for the valet to bring my car to the entrance.
Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear JimboAustralia,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with the City Break package and all the inclusions.

The feedback regarding the friendly service you received from the team is much appreciated and I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast in the Brasserie Restaurant.

I did note your comments in regards to the waiting time for your car to be delivered. Unfortunately on some occasions we get many requests all at the same time resulting in a delay however I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We booked a Mini City Break and enjoyed our night at the Hilton. The package was well priced and good value for what was included. Well located to excellent restaurants and was brilliant to gather with dear friends and enjoy a night out together and then not have to drive home that night! A lingering breakfast next morning followed by relaxing in the foyer with a coffee before returning home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Cheryl G,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Hilton Adelaide and you were able to relax with friends and enjoy the facilities at the hotel before returning home to your everyday routine.

I appreciate your feedback and I am pleased you found this package good value for money.

MILDURA, Australia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Hilton in Adelaide is very central and close to shops and restaurants. Adelaide Market is behind the Hilton and enables you to buy fresh produce as well. Special deal of $199 including parking and breakfast was very reasonable.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you found the “City Break” package good value for money.

We are indeed fortunate to be in a convenient location with the markets next door and other shopping areas and popular restaurants close by.