“Exceptionally Clean Room With A Great View”
Review of Hilton Adelaide

Ranked #18 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We recently spent one night at the Hilton using a Wotif deal that included a upgrade to a deluxe room, valet parking, full buffet breakfast and a bottle of champagne. Also chose the Hilton as we went to Her Majesty's Theatre which is a very short walk down the street. The room was exceptionally clean with lots of cupboard space. King bed was very comfy and the 3 chairs in the room comfy as well. Surprisingly very spacious although the bathroom was a bit cramped for size. The only fault was the shower recess which is only half covered. Whenever we had a shower the bathroom floor got flooded with water!!!! The view from room 1221 was very good as it is a corner room with 2 windows so you get a great view of the hills. The windows were sparkling clean. Did not hear any outside noise at all. The full buffet breakfast had everything that you could possibly want. The Hilton is a very easy walk to the Central Market, Gouger Street Restaurants, Her Majesty's Theatre and Coles next door. Went to The Metropolitan Hotel for dinner which has a good meal at a very good price. Very handy if you are going to a show at the Theatre. Staff at the Hilton were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank warsub
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear warsub,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the inclusions in your package enjoyable.

I am pleased that you found your room clean and comfortable. I did note your comments regarding the shower. This is a design fault which we are currently investigating. I apologise for the inconvenience.

We are fortunate to be located in the hub of Victoria Square and I am pleased that you found it convenient to be next to the Central Markets, China Town and Gouger Street. With only a short walk to shopping areas it is a popular place to stay.

Your comments regarding the service you received from the team are appreciated and will be shared with my Management team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Great location,walking distance to the best restaurant area in Adelaide.Only faults I found was that the decor is a trifle outdated and the room delivered breakfast was overpriced for a continental and toast was cold.otherwise,no complaints

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank John L

Dear John L,

Thank you for your constructive comments.

I am pleased that you generally enjoyed your stay. I did note your comments regarding the décor in the room. The hotel is now 30 years old and therefore we are in the process of upgrading some areas to freshen and modernise the guest areas.

I appreciate your comments regarding the breakfast which will be passed to the Room Service Manager. I apologise for your disappointment.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel in November last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The location is excellent, with a tram stop outside the door and many interesting places just a walk away. Central Market is practically next door as well as a supermarket.

The room (A Deluxe Guest Room) was clean and spacious, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was awesome - although the shower had no door so the bathroom floor got wet...

If you stay here, or even if you don't, you must spend some time at The Collins Bar. It's a groovy little place and the $10 Truffle fries are to die for!

I had noticed in other reviews people complained about the pillows. Well, in the back of the guest directory was a pillow menu! You could call down and select one of several pillow types! Luxury!

We got a very good deal on this hotel and it suited us immensely.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear PoeticCrayon,

I appreciate you taking the time to pass on your positive comments regarding your stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am delighted that your stay lived up to your expectations and you found your room to be clean and spacious and the location convenient for your needs.

As you mention the newly opened Collins Bar is a great place to unwind with some tasty cocktails and finger food and I am pleased that you found this to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We have previously stayed at Hilton hotels in Hawaii, so we decided to give this one a go.
Our package included breakfast, valet parking and we got upgraded when we checked in.
After reading some reviews, we were a little worried, but we had NO reason to be. Great service from all the staff. Good, clean rooms, great breakfast, great location and gym facilities.
The only con; we should've stayed longer!!!
We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank DBH_15

Dear DBH,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the inclusions of your package. The breakfast in the Brasserie Restaurant is very popular and I am pleased that you were able to experience this.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the good service you received. It is always nice to hear about how the team have assisted and shown a high level of service which we pride ourselves on.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Just spent 4 days at Hilton Adelaide. First time for us at a Hilton hotel.

Pros:
Central location
Nice lounge
Friendly staff
Cons:
Grubby tired old bathroom with shower over bath
Generally dull and dated bedroom /sitting room. Fridge as old as the hills
Service lift noisy when trying to sleep (spoke to reception staff and told them we were woken several times in the night by the screeching sound and advised that we shouldn't be able to hear it!!)

I guess like other reviewers if you manage to get a really cheap deal with freebies thrown init would be worth a visit. We didn't and thought it was very average accommodation for the money

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky D
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Vicky D,

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your stay with us.

It is pleasing that you found the location of the hotel central and close to the Markets, China Town and Gouger Street.

Your positive comments regarding the friendliness of the team is very much appreciated however I did note your feedback regarding the décor of your room. We are in the process of updating all the guest areas of the hotel. As you can imagine with a project like this it will take quite some time to complete. I apologise for your disappointment in this regard.

I also note your comments regarding the noise coming from the service lifts. Although no other complaints have been made our Engineering team will investigate to ensure everything is working well. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I apologise that this disturbed your sleep.

I hope I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

For the New Year's Eve I had booked this for 3 night. After much deliberation I chose hilton over crown in Adelaide and I have no reason to regret it, I had booked the hotel at expedia and there was some confusion when I reached the hotel, the front desk was helpful they called the contact no to sort it out, while the whole thing took an hour I was offered free drinks at the bar.
Check got delayed but we could find some restaurants open at Gouger street, close by.
Hotel location is good, but view would be excellent once Victoria park is fully redone, tram stop is right opposite, we found going to and coming back from Glenelg beach very convenient at odd hours.
In all good experience and would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear conftravel,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us for New Year’s Eve.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you found the team to be very helpful with resolving the reservation issue on your arrival.

We are fortunate to be in a very convenient location and I am pleased you made use of the tram to Glenelg to enjoy the beach and festivities.

Renovations are almost complete in Victoria Square and we are looking forward to seeing the end result. It will certainly be a lovely view for the rooms on the Eastern Side of the Hotel.

I appreciate your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed here over Christmas and got a great deal including Valet Parking, upgrade to Deluxe Room and late checkout.

Room: Very nice deluxe room, very clean, good size and well appointed. The one quirk is the TV, it should be mounted a bit higher on the wall making it easier to watch from bed. (probably being fussy here). The room was lovely and after reading other reviews expected it to be old and tired, none of which are true. I really loved this room! Bathroom a little small, but acceptable and functional. Also the shampoos, soap etc of a great standard, loved them!

Staff: Everyone was very friendly and pleasant. A big mention the black girl at breakfast (sorry about the description but no one had name tags). She was absolutely lovely and couldn't have been nicer. She is definitely an asset to this place!!!

Parking: This is the problem. No parking around so you are forced to use the valet service, I believe an extra $37. It was included in our package luckily but keep this mind!

Pool: Very small.

Breakfast: Again included in our package and was absolutely lovely. Fresh pancakes, cereals, pastries etc. Couldn't fault it.

Would I recommend it? Definitely!! Lovely hotel and lovely staff!!!

Room Tip: Higher up room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coutsa
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Coutsa,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide over Christmas.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you were able to experience an upgrade to a Deluxe Room.

Your comments regarding the service you received from the team is very much appreciated. We do have a great team that strive to ensure our guests enjoy their experience while staying with us.

Due to the location of the hotel we have limited car parking therefore we have leased areas in a local car park. We do have a few different parking options available which can be arranged through Concierge.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the Brasserie Restaurant where many fantastic dishes are created by our Executive Chef and his very talented team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.