“Hilton Hotel Adelaide in a time of crisis”
Review of Hilton Adelaide

Ranked #18 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We had to evacuate from Angaston in South Australia due to the bush fire threat and were able to get accommodation in the last minute at the Hilton Adelaide. Our experience in our time of crisis was memorable. The staff rose to the occasion to help us and we are very appreciative of their efforts.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Philip Ronald M
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Philip Ronald M,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that in your time of need we were able to assist and ease the tension of fleeing from a bushfire. This must have been a particularly stressful situation to be in and I am so pleased we were able to help.

It is really pleasing that you found the team exceeded your expectations with the service provided. We do have a great team that genuinely care for our guests and I am pleased you experienced this during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future hopefully under different circumstances.

Hilton Adelaide

Write a ReviewReviews (2,425)

Reviewed 17 January 2014

My partner and i bought a voucher in an auction and so we only spent an affordable $110 on this hotel which we used on my birthday weekend. We both live in Adelaide so we already knew that the central CBD location was a highlight for this hotel. We checked in early in the afternoon and the lobby and entrance areas are very luxurius and the staff were lovely.
We enjoyed some time relaxing in the room before we headed out for a night on the town. The room itself is nice and very clean. My favourite was the bathroom where the bath and shower were a perfect size to share with a partner. The bed was very comfortable and the minibar was vintage cool. but the tv unit and some various furniture was a bit dated. our view was over the central markets out to sea, which was cool too see at night when it was all lit up.

Unfortunately we did not get much time to use any of the facilities such as the pool and spa as we were only there a night so can only really comment on the room.

Overall, great place to stay but not sure if it is worth the standard room prices. Your essentially paying for such good location.

Room Tip: Be careful if driving in as the parking is expensive chalet parking. (approx $30)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy S
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Amy S,

Thank you for your feedback in regarding to your stay at Hilton Adelaide for your birthday.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with your room, facilities and the location of the hotel.

Being from Adelaide yourself you are aware that we are centrally located next to the Central Markets and China Town and in walking distance to many of the popular shopping areas. We are also fortunate to have the tram stop just outside the hotel enabling free travel around the city centre.

I did note your comments regarding some of items in your room being dated. We are in the process of a rolling renovation which will take place over time to update and refresh all the guest areas of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

While this hotel will not awe you in any way, it certainly doesn't disappoint. It is a standard, rather older Hilton, but in a great location and does the trick for business in Adelaide. Some of the rooms are currently being renovated and are definitely the preferred rooms. The gym could use a good renovation The pool is incredibly small.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PCS79

Dear PCS79,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased you found the location convenient for your needs whilst in Adelaide.

As we are an older hotel it has come time to upgrade our facilities. I am pleased to say we are in the midst of a renovation project which will be carried out over time to improve the overall look and feel of the hotel.

I appreciate your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

My friend and I stayed at Hilton over a weekend in Adelaide to celebrate my birthday. The deal was pretty good as we spent $199 for a 2-night stay and this included a deluxe room (free upgrade), with free continental breakfast buffet, a bottle of sparkling wine and a late check-out. The deal was great as we shared the cost but if we paid the regular price, it totally wouldn't be value for money. Some of the staff were friendly (our flight time was earlier than the usual check-in time but they managed to get us a room just a couple of hours later), but some were so matter-of-fact and unhelpful (one waiter asked us to get our own water at the buffet table when I asked for a glass of warm water). I felt that the service levels back home (which is a developing country) is MUCH better.

The room wasn't out of this world. I'm guessing it's catered to those who are travelling for business purposes. The beds however, were out of this world! They were so comfortable and we literally sunk into the mattress. The continental breakfast had an average spread but was very good, nevertheless.

The best thing about the hotel is its location. The Hilton is located at the heart of the city so it's close to all the major attractions in Adelaide CBD.

If you do get a good deal online, it's a nice place to stay at. If not, it's nothing much - just an average hotel and not at all close to a 5-star.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nishadi L

Dear Nishadi L,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am pleased that you found the location of the hotel convenient however I am concerned that you found certain areas disappointing and not good value for money. Our rates are monitored closely and kept in line with the local market.

I apologise that you found some of the team unhelpful. This is not the service we all strive to achieve and this will be brought to the attention of my management team to ensure there is an improvement in this area and a high level of service is always provided.

Our talented Chefs do take pride in creating a variety of fresh dishes using local produce and I am surprised to hear that you were disappointed in this regard.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

The Hilton is promoted on various websites as being a 5star hotel - and so we expected it to be. But unfortunately, it wasn't… Also promoted as pet-friendly hotel, they charged 90$ only for the dog and a bond of 500$ if he would destroy anything. This was OK for us, as we knew our dog is well educated. We wanted to book a table in the hotel restaurant called "The Brasserie" but they had no outside dining area and to leave the dog alone in the hotel room was not allowed - so for us it was impossible to have dinner there… very disappointing. The staff are friendly and helpful. They offer a spa and fitness area but for having a massage I had to go outside the hotel in a beauty salon?! The continental breakfast buffet provided a wide range of products but as we ordered coffee we got ONE CUP of average filter-coffee. Overall it is at the most a 4star hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shiput99

Dear Shiput99,

Thank you for your honest opinion of Hilton Adelaide.

I am concerned that you found the hotel not worthy of five stars. We strive to achieve a very high level of service and I am pleased you experienced this during your stay however I am disappointed that you were not totally satisfied with the facilities on offer.

We do allow dogs in our guest rooms and we pride ourselves on being dog friendly. A cleaning fee of $90 is charged in addition to a bond which is necessary in case of any property damage. In most cases we do not have any issues however it is necessary to take these precautions.

I understand your disappointment at not being able to eat at the Brasserie Restaurant. Due to our location we do not have the space to be able to provide an outside eating area and due to health regulations we are not able to permit dogs in the restaurant however we do offer an extensive Room Service Menu as an alternative.

We do have a beauty salon in the Lobby of the Hotel for guest use who provide hair, beauty, nails and massage services.

I do appreciate your feedback and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This was our second visit in six months. Our last visit gave a lovely, but noisy view, overlooking Victoria Square and Adelaide's sole tram-line. Unfortunately Adelaide trams do not know how to turn corners quietly so each transit of a tram around the curves around Victoria Square squeal horribly.

We were caught short on this trip, looking for a twin room between Christmas and New Year and the Hilton rescued us. We enjoyed blissful nights of peace, drifting awake near lunch time to watch the Australians pommel the Poms at Cricket (always a rewarding pursuit)!

The Hilton is immediately adjacent to the Central Market and Gouger Street, Adelaide's fine dining hub. The bar is also appealing.

We saw in New Year with style with Hilton staff distributing crackers, hats and glow sticks.

One of the Hilton's virtues is the sense of being on holiday, but at home! Welcoming well behaved dogs and small children, it was a pleasure.

Definitely worth a re-visit

Room Tip: A room away from King William Street is definitely a good idea. On street parking near the hotel...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeorgeEdmonds
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear GeorgeEdmonds,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for returning to Hilton Adelaide.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the location of the hotel.

Our newly opened Collins Bar has proven very popular and I am pleased you were able to experience this and the festivities held in the hotel on New Year’s Eve.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

The hotel was excellent the stand out was the staff, My birthday stay was made very special.Would definitely recommend the hilton hotel. The location was brilliant. The room clean and the bed so comfortable, We were extremely well looked after and respected. Nothing was too much trouble

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Sara T

Dear Sara T,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your birthday at Hilton Adelaide and you felt that you were well taken care of. Our team do take the extra effort to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay and I am glad you experienced this during your stay.

We are fortunate to be in a prime location with easy access to the tram and within walking distance to shopping areas and many popular restaurants.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.