“Upgrade”

Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Adelaide
“Upgrade”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We were lucky enough to get upgraded to the Executive Floor, thanks to my wife's card. This got us a free breakfast and afternoon tea in the Executive Lounge (and a morning paper). We would also have taken advantage of the free drinks and canapes at 6 pm, but had to go out for an early dinner prior to a show. The room itself is really well appointed, with lovely views across the Square and the views from the Club lounge are out to the Gulf. At breakfast today I was stepped on by another guest - people behave appallingly at these free buffets - but you can't blame the Hilton for that!

Room Tip: If you can get membership of Hilton Honours, it can mean an upgrade!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear GourmondoAdelaide,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your upgrade to the Executive Floor. Our Executive Lounge serves complimentary drinks and canapés in the evening for our Executive guests and a continental breakfast in the morning and I am pleased that you enjoyed this experience.

We are in a lovely location in the city boasting views Over Victoria Square or out to the beach.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed here for our wedding in February and booked a block of room for friends and family. Staff were slow to respond to any contact and we left multiple messages for simple queries. Complaint emails that we sent after our stay have not been responded to and this includes no response from Peer Norsell - General Manager.

Interstate guests commented on how old and tired the decor looked and I had to agree, particularly the stained chairs in the lounge bar. Breakfast was overpriced and nothing special. Rooms are overpriced for comparably rated hotels throughout Australia and overseas and we were charged a lot more than our room rate offered to us as a group. We waited 45 minutes for our car to be returned to us from valet parking on a Sunday morning and there were a lot of guests waiting around frustrated also.

I would definitely spend my money on a much nicer hotel if visiting Adelaide. Don't bother with the Hilton.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vikki D
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Vikki D,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in February for your wedding celebrations.

Your comments are important and please rest assured I am currently investigating the areas of concern that you experienced.

I will be in contact with you soon to discuss this matter further.

Northen NSW
Reviewed 20 March 2014

A dear friend and I were headed to Adelaide this weekend, for the now postponed Rolling Stones concert.We had booked a double room with breakfast at the Hilton, as a big treat for our girl's weekend away.With confirmation that the concert is postponed, I have twice rung Hilton in Adelaide, who have declined to refund our money ;-$260, or let us use the booking at a later date.This was to be our first Hilton experience, there will be no more! Even Jetstar gave us vouchers, as a refund on our cheap tickets. Not good enough Hilton Hotels!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jane B
Dear Jane B,

Thank you for your constructive comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I do understand your frustrations with the cancellation of the Rolling Stones concert. As per Hilton policy, the standard terms and conditions for a discounted Advance Purchase Rate state that the rates are non-refundable and non-changeable. These terms and conditions apply to allow guests to have access to lower rates on the basis that they are committing to their stay at the time of booking. In an effort to rectify this current situation, I would be happy to offer you a 15% discount on your next stay with the Hilton Adelaide.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer please feel free to contact my office on 8237 0726 with your booking confirmation number and I will be happy to take care of your details and apply the 15% discount to your stay.

I hope to welcome you to Hilton Adelaide soon.

Brunswick, Australia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I booked a weekend away for my parents in Adelaide at this hotel. I rang to change their booking only to be bitterly disappointed in a clear lack of service and friendliness from the both the property reservations team and Hilton Worldwide Call Centre to my call. I was left on hold for over 30minutes (seemingly they wanted me to hang up) but I persisted only to be told that they were not the right person to assist with my query and gave me another number.

After numerous phone calls today with diversions to a range of departments still a lack of a clear answer and incredible lack of interest in helping me to change a booking. I don't want my money back but would like assistance to change a portion of the booking.

As an Events Coordinator i have stayed at many Hilton Worldwide properties and booked numerous conference and events with Hilton domestic and International with no such incidents at other Hilton properties.

At last resort with no one in Reservations able to assist I asked to speak to management but that was not possible not even "Reservations" or "Front Office Manager".

I would be very hesitant to book at Hilton again and will not book any future groups at Hilton Adelaide with this clear problem in service to such a simple query on a booking and no resolve after 24hrs.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole V
Dear vaughannicole11,

Thank you for your comments regarding your parents reservation.

I do apologise that you have found it difficult to make the required changes to this booking. We are always happy to discuss any changes required and make the necessary alterations if possible. I am therefore concerned that this was not the case on this occasion. Please rest assured I have discussed this with the Departments involved to ensure we continue to provide a high standard of service.

I believe you have since spoken with Kosta our Sales Executive and the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction.

If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2014

A pleasant stay with staff who have not forgotten the value of good, old-fashioned service, a central location within walking distance of most of the main features of Adelaide. Will definitely stay there again should the opportunity arise!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Peter K,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am so pleased that you found our service to be the standard of what you would expect from a Hilton property. We do strive to ensure our guests have a memorable experience and we are delighted to be able to provide this service to you.

Hilton Adelaide is in a prime location close to many places of interest around the city.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great location adjacent central market. Nice view looking west to the sea. Helpful, friendly staff. Loved the recently refurbished Collins Bar overlooking Victoria Square. Liked the security where card must be used to operate lift from ground floor. Perhaps staff too trustworthy at check-out. I received my cash deposit without anybody checking the room fridge for any consumed items.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Dear gregorym973,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Our location is very central and convenient to all the popular places around the city centre. Our newly opened Collins Bar is a contemporary modern, stylish, and sophisticated cocktail bar and I am pleased that you were able to enjoy this during your stay.

Your feedback is appreciated as this enables us to monitor and improve the operation.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Adelaide.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Anyone who is booked to stay here on level 3, should seriously consider changing hotel. This floor is nowhere near the rating the hotel carries. Excellent location with transport directly ourside entrance. Retail outlets within a few mins walk, with Coles downstairs.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Carl Mr G,

Thank you for your feedback.

I do understand your concerns regarding the third floor. We are in the process of a refurbishment however this will be an on-going project so as not to inconvenience our clientele. I apologise for your disappointment on this occasion.

Hilton Adelaide is located in the hub of Victoria Square within walking distance to the city centre and shopping areas. We are also lucky to have the Central Markets and Gouger Street next to the hotel were many popular restaurants are located.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.