Nicely located in the center of a not very interesting city. Alert doormen in Australian hats and reasonably efficient front desk. Very popular with business meetings and private parties so you may feel that you have wandered into a catering hall with noisy groups in the restaurant, closed off parts of the lobbies and hoards of badge-wearing attendees. Every one but you will get upgraded but your standard room will be sufficiently nice.
Unfortunately the concierge is unfamiliar with local restaurants or current exhibits at the three city museums. The hotel "Brasserie" has pretensions of excellence and sub-par performance.
Your $20 pre-dinner cocktail, mostly watery fruit juice finally arrives with your entree. Precious bits of food such as one ravioli for $15 are your introduction to the most expensive meal in town served in the ambiance of a cafeteria. Service consists of a young man playing multiple roles as sommelier ( enthusiastically advocating very over priced wine) and busboy when you do get to see him. Aggressive overcharging continues with a local phone call from the room billed at $8.90.
With respect for some of the staff who do their job well, others are learning on the job, under the present management this hotel qualifies as a good Holiday Inn but not a credit to the Hilton brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Adelaide and South Australia. Centrally located in the heart of the city, overlooking Victoria Square, Hilton Adelaide is the perfect hotel for business, leisure or both! This hotel is just a stone’s throw from Adelaide’s shopping, dining, theatre and business precincts. Next door is the famous Adelaide Central Market and around the corner you will find Chinatown and Gouger Street, Adelaide’s largest restaurant precinct. Getting around is easy when you stay at Hilton Adelaide, at its doorstep is the free city tram taking you directly to seaside Glenelg or along North Terrace to the Adelaide Casino, Convention Centre, Entertainment Centre, Festival Centre and Rundle Mall. An easy stroll away from the hotel is Adelaide Oval, River Torrens and historical North Terrace. South Australians pride themselves on enjoying the good life, particularly the joys of fine wine and food. Hilton Adelaide's proximity to so many of the best wineries in the country including McLaren Vale and the Adelaide Hills, which guests can see from their rooms. On the outskirts of the city is lush countryside and 20 minutes by car or tram, lies the natural beauty of unspoiled beaches. SLEEP: Designed with the discerning traveller in mind, Hilton Adelaide's great choice of 374 accommodation rooms, ranging from stylish Deluxe rooms to the exclusive luxury of the Executive Floor and suites, set the standard for accommodation in South Australia. As a standard, each guest room offers individually controlled air conditioning, Foxtel Digital, pay movies, WIFI. Other amenities include mini bar, hairdryer, safes, tea and coffee making facilities. Smoking and special needs rooms are available. RELAX: The Executive Lounge boasts views over this beautiful city and towards the coast and offers a dedicated reception area for personalised check-in and check-out. Continental Buffet Breakfast, afternoon refreshments, evening cocktails and canapes are served exclusively to Executive Floor guests along with complimentary WIFI. ENJOY: Hilton Adelaide boasts extensive leisure facilities including a gym, sauna, an outdoor heated swimming pool and tennis court with a jogging track exclusively available to all hotel guests. WINE DINE & HAVE FUN: The latest edition to Hilton Adelaide’s food & beverage offering is Coal Cellar + Grill. Bringing it back to basics and true to its name, the menu highlights the best of South Australia’s produce using a variety of cooking methods including the feature charcoal grill and rotisserie. The wine choice is abundant with over 500 labels listed, majority from South Australia and all on display in the Cellar. The restaurant and lounge compliments the popular cocktail destination in Adelaide – The Collins Bar, so guests visiting, meeting or sleeping at Hilton Adelaide will not need to leave to have a fun night out! Coal Cellar + Grill is Seriously South Australian®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Hilton International Adelaide
- Adelaide Hilton International