We stayed at the Hilton over the June long weekend, for two nights.
The hotel rooms themselves are quite nice and seem refurbished, although next time I would be requesting a room on a floor as high up as possible as we were awoken to fire engines and car noise quite early. Rooms were really clean.
Valet/doormen were lovely upon arrival. Very welcoming and helpful, as too were the reception staff.
The gym facilities left a little to be desired, a lot of the equipment old and out of order. My fiance made the most of the sauna, spa and pool and quite enjoyed that.
The worst thing was the breakfast... our experience alone there will see me never staying at the Hilton Adelaide again. It was a busy weekend, however there is no excuse for the poor service we received there. After lining up for around ten minutes to be seated, we were hurriedly escorted to a table with dirty cutlery, no milk in the jug... and then lined up again for the hot breakfast only to be rudely pointed to, ''clicked'' at and asked 'what!!!' by the chef on duty. His face said it all!
So disappointing as you pay for at least a little bit of service! Granted that it was a busy weekend- but it's no excuse to be served like that, put on extra staff perhaps? Another cook? The chef seemed stressed, which was probably in turn making his behavior come across as extremely rude. We ate and quickly left!
Won't stay here again just for that experience, as have stayed in other places in Adelaide and had amazing service (Sebel Playford Adelaide was incredible!), however it would be okay for a traveler looking for a convenient location and if you strike a good bed/breakfast deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Adelaide and South Australia. Centrally located in the heart of the city, overlooking Victoria Square, Hilton Adelaide is the perfect hotel for business, leisure or both! This hotel is just a stone’s throw from Adelaide’s shopping, dining, theatre and business precincts. Next door is the famous Adelaide Central Market and around the corner you will find Chinatown and Gouger Street, Adelaide’s largest restaurant precinct. Getting around is easy when you stay at Hilton Adelaide, at its doorstep is the free city tram taking you directly to seaside Glenelg or along North Terrace to the Adelaide Casino, Convention Centre, Entertainment Centre, Festival Centre and Rundle Mall. An easy stroll away from the hotel is Adelaide Oval, River Torrens and historical North Terrace. South Australians pride themselves on enjoying the good life, particularly the joys of fine wine and food. Hilton Adelaide's proximity to so many of the best wineries in the country including McLaren Vale and the Adelaide Hills, which guests can see from their rooms. On the outskirts of the city is lush countryside and 20 minutes by car or tram, lies the natural beauty of unspoiled beaches. SLEEP: Designed with the discerning traveller in mind, Hilton Adelaide's great choice of 374 accommodation rooms, ranging from stylish Deluxe rooms to the exclusive luxury of the Executive Floor and suites, set the standard for accommodation in South Australia. As a standard, each guest room offers individually controlled air conditioning, Foxtel Digital, pay movies, WIFI. Other amenities include mini bar, hairdryer, safes, tea and coffee making facilities. Smoking and special needs rooms are available. RELAX: The Executive Lounge boasts views over this beautiful city and towards the coast and offers a dedicated reception area for personalised check-in and check-out. Continental Buffet Breakfast, afternoon refreshments, evening cocktails and canapes are served exclusively to Executive Floor guests along with complimentary WIFI. ENJOY: Hilton Adelaide boasts extensive leisure facilities including a gym, sauna, an outdoor heated swimming pool and tennis court with a jogging track exclusively available to all hotel guests. WINE DINE & HAVE FUN: The latest edition to Hilton Adelaide’s food & beverage offering is Coal Cellar + Grill. Bringing it back to basics and true to its name, the menu highlights the best of South Australia’s produce using a variety of cooking methods including the feature charcoal grill and rotisserie. The wine choice is abundant with over 500 labels listed, majority from South Australia and all on display in the Cellar. The restaurant and lounge compliments the popular cocktail destination in Adelaide – The Collins Bar, so guests visiting, meeting or sleeping at Hilton Adelaide will not need to leave to have a fun night out! Coal Cellar + Grill is Seriously South Australian®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Hilton International Adelaide
- Adelaide Hilton International