“a great night out at the hilton”
Review of Hilton Adelaide

Ranked #18 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked a great overnight bed and breakfast deal, and were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a deluxe room. Great view from the 15th floor!
Room was spotlessly clean, very comfortable bed, and my husband loved the wide-screen TV on an extendable arm.
The only negative about the room was that noise from the streets below ( many fire, police etc sirens in particular going on well into the night) was quite obvious, even so high up. It didn't bother us too much, but if you were noise sensitive it could be a problem perhaps.
Bathroom was very nice, a rain shower head plus standard shower in the shower area was interesting but the rain shower was quite good. Bath tub itself was small.
We went to investigate the spa / plunge pool and sauna area, but were advised by another guest that the spa was nowhere near the advertised 35 degrees, on such a cold night we didnt bother giving it a go, the sauna was good however.
Thoroughly enjoyed drinks and cocktails in the Collins bar, and dinner, and then buffet breakfast the next morning at the Brasserie was excellent. Service at both places was friendly and super efficient. We really didn't feel the need to leave the hotel during our brief stay!
With such a good overnight deal and such good food and drink and service we would definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Emmylee33,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us.

I am so pleased that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and you were happy with the facilities on offer. We do constantly monitor the temperature of the pool and spa and I apologise if this was not warm enough on this occasion.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience in the Collins Bar and the Brasserie Restaurant. Our team take great care in ensuring our guests not only have a pleasant stay but enjoy all their experiences as well.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Adelaide

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Most enjoyable three nights at this establishment made possible by the excellent service from Porter, Reception, Concierge, Restaraunt and Bar. All so welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable. Location so easy to walk to Adelaide City Market, Restaurants in Gouger Street, not to be missed and Adelaides only tram to Glenelg Beach at your front door.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear dougiependergast,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you found the service from the team helpful. We do have a great team and I am pleased that you found them to be welcoming and friendly.

We are in a very convenient location on Victoria Square, next to the Central Markets and China Town with the added bonus of the tram across the road allowing easy travel around the city and out to the beach.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was our third stay at the Hilton in a year and I remain impressed. On this occasion, I was unwell, so did not with to travel far from the very comfortable bed (a distinct Hilton strength).

Staff were polite, helpful but not intrusive. We were able to breakfast in the hotel and to slip out to many nearby fine dining spots for dinner. There was plenty nearby for my wife's entertainment, without the need to travel.

Whilst it was not the best part of our trip (due to my illnes) the HIlton made it as comfortable as possible.

The one real problems, and this is a Hilton wide issue, is the cost of internet access. I actually passed, using the data connection on my phone sparingly.If Hilton cannot price it right, that is there problem.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Victoria Square are a little noisier, although not intrusive. Rooms on the West side a...

Dear GeorgeEdmonds,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback and thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton.

Your positive comments are very much appreciated and I am so pleased we were able to assist you when you were unwell.

I am delighted that you find the bed and facilities suitable which helped make your stay more comfortable.

I did note your comments regarding the internet prices. We do offer free wifi in the Lobby, Brasserie Restaurant, Business Lounge and Executive Lounge for guest convenience.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this Hotel. The customer service is very good and i found all of the staff very helpful. The location of this Hotel is great and the rooms are very good with excellent facilities. My room was serviced exceptionally well each day and all of the amenities were restocked. I look forward to staying here again on my next business trip

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Shaun F

Dear Shaun F,

Thank you for your positive review regarding Hilton Adelaide.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with the service you received from the team. I appreciate your feedback regarding the rooms and facilities and I am pleased the servicing of your room was done to your satisfaction.

The hotel is in the hub of Victoria Square and close to many restaurants and shopping areas and I am glad that this suited your needs on this occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were celebrating a birthday and with a night at the Theatre in Grote street, decided to stay in the city -so the choice of the Hilton was obvious. We started with dropping our bags in our room - bathroom is small and the toilet is only about a foot off the floor! The bed is huge but the windows are not glazed so, although the view from our window over the redeveloped Victoria Square was pretty impressive, the noise from planes, trams and automobiles was pretty loud. The hotel is very central, so we did a walk around the Central Market, had a pre dinner drink at the Collins Bar, dinner at one of the very many restaurants in Gouger Street, then off to Her Majesty's for a great show and just a short walk back to the hotel for a drink before bed. Breakfast in the Brasserie was good - especially the instant fresh juice - although it wouldn't hurt to warm the plates at the hot food bar!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Square may have good views but noisy
1  Thank ddwyat

Dear ddwyat,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased you decided to stay at Hilton Adelaide after enjoying a night at the theatre. We are centrally located and within walking distance to many places of interest around the city including popular restaurants and shopping areas.

I appreciate your comments regarding your room and the view over the newly developed Victoria Square. Our Collins Bar is a great venue to enjoy a pre-dinner drink and I am delighted that you were able to experience this during your stay.

The Brasserie offers an extensive selection of items on the buffet prepared with fresh local ingredients and our talented Chefs take great care in ensuring the buffet is an experience to remember.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

After 6 hours travel to Adelaide with 3 Elders we was greeted by a very rude woman on Check- in. Beds were lovely. Great and central, lovely markets 100m away. Tram stop just outside the front doors. Great views of the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Roselyn P,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and found it to be conveniently situated next to the markets and many popular restaurants.

I did note your comments regarding your check-in experience. Our team take every effort to engage with our guests and welcome them to the hotel however I am disappointed that you felt this was not the case on this occasion. Please rest assured your feedback has been shared with the Front Office Manager to assist in future training.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I stayed there to celebrate our birthdays. Friendly staff when checking in and the offer to help with our luggage to the room. Paid extra to have access to the Executive Lounge well worth the extra. The service is very good, excellent choices for pre-dinner drinks and breakfast in the morning. The Swiss Hotel in Sydney could take some notes from the HIlton on how to greet guests, treat guests in an Executive Lounge. The room we had was lovely and quiet overlooking Victoria Square. For us also the advantage of being so close to restaurants and the Central Market was an advantage.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and have access to the Executive Lounge. Food, service and just a fantastic place to...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Flashy01,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your positive comments regarding the team and the way in which you were greeted when you arrived at the hotel. Our team take great pride in ensuring our guests enjoy their stay with us and I am delighted that you enjoyed the experience.

The Executive Lounge certainly adds to the experience with complimentary drinks and canapés served in the evening and a continental breakfast served each morning. It is a relaxing place to unwind and enjoy the views out across the city and out to the ocean.