Having stayed at the Hilton at least annually over the last 15 years or so I have to say it has improved in several ways over the past year or so, while backsliding in others. The staff generally has always been very welcoming and obliging, though the Executive Club seems to be run by a Victorian school ma'am - not many smiles there. Recent room make-overs have made them very stark, very minimalist, yet extremely comfy - great beds. Reworked bathrooms - without a bath - are a disappointment, though smart, but the showers are amongst the best I've seen. Room service is excellent, and the $25 eat-what-you-like buffet in the ground floor restaurant is outstanding for quality, quantity and value. The young - and more mature - bar staff are variably friendly, efficient, impressive. The best of them are excellent - the worst time-serving job experience standard. The reworked mezzanine floor decor dominating the ground-floor lounge area is a total aesthetic disaster , facias resembling the industrial filter elements on a nuclear power-station outfall (trust me). The clear glass and gilt '70s style they replace (or obscure) was IMMENSELY preferable. Generally, the old place looks its age in the public areas, but good money has been well spent in the rooms themselves. In a funny kind of way I'm very fond of the old place - and I still believe it's still this beautiful and proud city's finest. With a little extra polish - and one or two more staff smiles and/or better training - it would rate a full five stars. As it is I'd rate it four with a small plus...can do better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Adelaide and South Australia. Centrally located in the heart of the city, overlooking Victoria Square, Hilton Adelaide is the perfect hotel for business, leisure or both! This hotel is just a stone’s throw from Adelaide’s shopping, dining, theatre and business precincts. Next door is the famous Adelaide Central Market and around the corner you will find Chinatown and Gouger Street, Adelaide’s largest restaurant precinct. Getting around is easy when you stay at Hilton Adelaide, at its doorstep is the free city tram taking you directly to seaside Glenelg or along North Terrace to the Adelaide Casino, Convention Centre, Entertainment Centre, Festival Centre and Rundle Mall. An easy stroll away from the hotel is Adelaide Oval, River Torrens and historical North Terrace. South Australians pride themselves on enjoying the good life, particularly the joys of fine wine and food. Hilton Adelaide's proximity to so many of the best wineries in the country including McLaren Vale and the Adelaide Hills, which guests can see from their rooms. On the outskirts of the city is lush countryside and 20 minutes by car or tram, lies the natural beauty of unspoiled beaches. SLEEP: Designed with the discerning traveller in mind, Hilton Adelaide's great choice of 374 accommodation rooms, ranging from stylish Deluxe rooms to the exclusive luxury of the Executive Floor and suites, set the standard for accommodation in South Australia. As a standard, each guest room offers individually controlled air conditioning, Foxtel Digital, pay movies, WIFI. Other amenities include mini bar, hairdryer, safes, tea and coffee making facilities. Smoking and special needs rooms are available. RELAX: The Executive Lounge boasts views over this beautiful city and towards the coast and offers a dedicated reception area for personalised check-in and check-out. Continental Buffet Breakfast, afternoon refreshments, evening cocktails and canapes are served exclusively to Executive Floor guests along with complimentary WIFI. ENJOY: Hilton Adelaide boasts extensive leisure facilities including a gym, sauna, an outdoor heated swimming pool and tennis court with a jogging track exclusively available to all hotel guests. WINE DINE & HAVE FUN: The latest edition to Hilton Adelaide’s food & beverage offering is Coal Cellar + Grill. Bringing it back to basics and true to its name, the menu highlights the best of South Australia’s produce using a variety of cooking methods including the feature charcoal grill and rotisserie. The wine choice is abundant with over 500 labels listed, majority from South Australia and all on display in the Cellar. The restaurant and lounge compliments the popular cocktail destination in Adelaide – The Collins Bar, so guests visiting, meeting or sleeping at Hilton Adelaide will not need to leave to have a fun night out! Coal Cellar + Grill is Seriously South Australian®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Hilton International Adelaide
- Adelaide Hilton International