Hilton Adelaide
Quest on King William(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$125
  • Free Internet
Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$97
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Chancellor on Currie(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$90
US$119
US$72
  • Restaurant
Mantra on Frome(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$90
    BreakFree Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
    US$83
    US$80
    Agoda.com
    Comfort Inn Regal Park(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
    US$97
    US$93
    Oaks Horizons(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
    US$175
    US$158
    Priceline
    2,526 results
    All reviewsthe executive loungevictoria squarecollins barcentral markettram stopgouger streetjunior suitelobby barvalet parkingan upgradecorner roomroom servicebuffet breakfastfree trambit datedking bedbusiness trip
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 25 January 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights with parents, we were upgraded to the executive suite on the topmost floor for a modest price which was lovely. Hotel is just opposite Victoria Square and you can catch a tram to Glenelg beach from right across the hotel. The Central Market is just around the corner, as are tonnes of cafes and restaurants and pubs. The hotel itself is great, very helpful staff and a fantastic breakfast spread. Concierge helped us plan our itinerary and get us our rental car sorted. It was pretty crowded but we never had to wait too long to get a seat or be served at the restaurants or at the front desk. All in all a very good experience and I'll recommend this hotel to all my friends!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
    Reviewed 22 January 2011

Loyalty is rewarded at the The Hilton Adelaide!
    I live in NYC and my standards are impossibly high when it comes to hotels and service.
    I have found Hilton Adelaide to be the best offering really great room service which is usually impossible,its location and wonderful service.
    I cannot fault the staff!! they just get better and make me feel so at home and welcome during my frequent and lengthy stays at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 18 January 2011

We stayed one night and did not eat in the hotel, around the corner is China Town with some excellent restaurants. The rooms are standard hilton and perfectly acceptable and comfortable. The pool and so called spa are best avoided - tired and looked dirty with astroturf around the pool! We had an old Kelvinator fridge in our mini bar and the business centre looked like a 1970's departure lounge. We came straight from the Hilton in Sydney which is chalk and cheese.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank accipitor
    Reviewed 17 January 2011

I had an amazing experience. The atmosphere was wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
    Reviewed 16 January 2011

I’m from Sydney, and while the Hilton Sydney has been given a new outlook on life with a multi-million dollar upgrade, it’s a shame that the other Hilton’s around Australia seem to be stuck in the 60’s era – and for the Hilton Adelaide, it appears there is no end in sight. Upon walking in (up some stairs which is terrible for wheelchair or heavy luggage which immediately suggests design faults from the 60’s), the lobby feels stale with poor lighting, colours and a long bench for check-in en-mass. The couches appear to be the original (from the 60’s). Doorman/bell people seem to be non-existent, both at check in around dinnertime or in the morning at around 7:30am.

I stayed overnight here for a work conference, and some of my colleagues, who have stayed at this hotel many times before, complained that they were given a single bed rather than a double. This is apparently a 5 star hotel – I don’t understand how they still have single bedrooms, and how I was able to check into a double room 1 night later with no fuss.

My room appears to have been renovated (somewhat), with a newish bathroom and the soft Hilton beds (zip up in the middle). The is an average size wardrobe, TV and tea/coffee facilities, and a bathroom with shower only (not much room for a separate bath) and a handheld showerhead. I also had an interconnecting door between rooms, and I found it very annoying that my neighbour seemed to watch their loud TV until about midnight, with the noise flying through the closed doors. I guess this happens commonly though with interconnecting doors, in other hotels too.

Location-wise, it’s walking distance to the Chinese restaurants and the markets (which weren’t opened when we were there, I think it’s the weekends only), but seems to be away from Rundle Mall (which is the shopping mall) and most of the office blocks. There is always an abundance of cabs though outside the hotel if you need one. I’ve only stayed in Adelaide once, so I’m definitely willing to try the other hotels in town, but I heard on my visit that the Hyatt or the Rendezvous is also worth a try.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
    1  Thank pungpui
    GuestRelationsADH, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2011

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback through the Tripadvisor forum. We were greatly concerned to note that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. We would certainly like to discuss your experience with you further to ascertain more detail and determine any future travel plans to Adelaide. Please contact us at adelaide@hilton.com. We look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards