“Value, location, big rooms. ”

Adelaide Riviera Hotel
Ranked #29 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Prime location at the end of North Terrace, lots of parking options around the hotel. Close to casino and Adelaide Oval.

Staff upon arrival were helpful and upgraded us to deluxe room. Room size was decent for 2 people and very clean. Great Price paid for one night, in peak season with sold out AFL game the same night.

Thanks for a great stay :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank akh04

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel is close to everything you need. We stayed here for 8 days. The reception staff were friendly & they were eager to book all of our tours & book the taxi to the airport. There was a mild smell of fresh paint, but, it wasn't a problem. The rooms were of a good size, clean & serviced daily.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank KathB519
Reviewed 14 May 2014

my son and I stayed there 2 nights for the footy. It is close to Adelaide Oval and Hindley Street. It is an older property but rooms are clean. We were on the 4th floor which had been freshly painted as you could smell it quite strong but should be only short term. Good size bathrooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Robin J
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We chose this hotel because it was close to entertainment centre and it was perfect - good transport to concert and pleasant room close to all amenities - we would definitely recommend this hotel and if we visit adelaide in the future would not hesitate to book a room at the Comfort Hotel

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Receptionist did not know take away times (yet handed us a brochure to find out ourselves)
Assigned a room on the floor they were renovating - paint fumes extraordinary - caused headache and nausea - requested change - moved to sub standard room - no possible assistance to upgrade - management refused request for discount - unhelpful staff - dreadful place to stay - they just don't care!

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank FurBall1
AdelaideRiviera2014, General Manager at Adelaide Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We are currently undergoing a refurbishment in order to improve the quality of our hotel rooms. The painting will be completed very shortly, and is a necessary part of the refurbishment.

We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service. I would like to discuss the circumstances of your stay with you in person so that I can address with those involved and provide any discounts that should be forthcoming. Could you please email me your details so that I can contact you?

Kind regards

Lee Burns
08 8212 1700
gm@adelaideriviera.com.au

Reviewed 10 May 2014

First time in Adelaide....tram pulls up a few minutes walk from motel door. The upstairs floors were being refurbished. I chose a room looking onto the road....there is noise from trains, hospital building site and trams.....but I always travel with earplugs so noise doesn't worry me. The cleaning staff do a wonderful job and the office staff were great. I had a executive spa room, the spa was wonderful after days of appointments and tests. Was able to jump on the tram to the city and Glenelg to view the sites. There is a Mc Donalds up and round the corner(left out front door and left at pub) for a coffee etc if needed which I only found the last day. Enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Tezza63
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Being raised in Adelaide I had to visit my ailing Dad and wanted to stay close to transport. I did not hire a car. The Comfort Inn was perfect for that I could go anywhere I pleased with the Train Station down the road and all the Buses in a 5 minute walk. The Public Transport Office in Pirie Street 2 streets away set me on the right path to anywhere I wanted to go. I had breakfast in the restaurant but found walking down the road to the many Cafes much better and cheaper. A 5 minute walk to the City Hub - Rundle Mall and your in Shopping Heaven. The room was larger than I expected and very clean with all the necessities needed. I paid for a Special 5 night stay which worked out extremely cheap considering my position. My Brother stayed closer to my dad but paid twice as much for a very basic Hotel Room, I was Very Happy and will if needed go back to the Comfort Inn Riveria.

Room Tip: Depending on what you want. Basic is economical and very sufficient. You can hear the Trains & T...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family