“Service etiquette and training needed for management”

Franklin Central Apartments
Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
“Service etiquette and training needed for management”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

A 200 hold on your credit card for 5 days before you check in is outdated. Nearly everywhere is a $1 freeze or $10 so they still have your info without keeping money for a week what why for 5 -7 working days? Shower taps are seized very hard to get temperature consistent.. Called reception to be put through to answer machine finally getting
Through I am received with a annoyed response yes tone of voice attitude made me feel unimportant . Bed is hard as a rock too.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Cashall
Franklin36, Manager at Franklin Central Apartments, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
thank you for your review.

I am disappointed to hear that the standard industry practice of preauthorisation was the main reason for you unhappy stay with us. Unfortunately we have no control over how long your bank hold the funds on our behalf. However this could have been rectified by us faxing your bank, with some details from you.

Each property determines the preauthorisation amount and therefore many properties in Adelaide do have varying amounts that is required.

I do hope that you do return to stay , when you next travel to Adelaide.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

What a great location, close to everything you could need in the city, Grouger St restaurants, Central Markets, China Town, supermarket, bus station, Rundle Mall etc. About a $20 taxi ride to the airport.
We stayed in a two bedroom apartment with myself, hubby and mum, The apartment contained one bedroom with a Queen Bed and the other with a single (there is a pull out couch in the living room). It had a great lounge, fully equip kitchen and bathroom, it was perfect for a long weekend. It isn't fancy or high end but comfortable, neat and tidy. A little dated and probably requires a little updating in the bathroom especially but great value for money.
Not sure how cool the master bedroom would be in the middle of summer with only one aircon but it was perfect in autumn with the bedroom door open and aircon on.
The staff were so friendly and accommodating, I couldn't fault the service. Great stay, I would highly recommend for friends or family.

Room Tip: Higher floor and rooms away from the lift are quieter. 4th floor was great.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Becciboo78
Franklin36, Manager at Franklin Central Apartments, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review.

As you mention, our location is fantastic and right in the city centre, but the location is quiet.

All of our apartments feature full kitchen and laundry facilities , as you mention also.

The apartment's do remain cool in the Summer with the Air conditioner systems that we have in the apartments.

Once again , thank you for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again next time you travel to Adelaide.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Good location near Central market and Rundle Mall. Fully self contained with full kitchen, washer and dryer. Only downsides were a low pressure shower that was half dribbling rather than spraying even at full force, impossible to wash hair.
Sink was the same.
Reception was polite but apathetic. When I tried to collect keys that my travelling companions has left by giving our names and didn't have the room number it was like I was asking for next weeks lotto numbers.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank MrsChillax
Franklin36, Manager at Franklin Central Apartments, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your review.

As you do mention we are in a wonderful location, within walking distance to Rundle Mall and the Central Market.

I do apologize in regards to the water pressure , however had it been reported to reception, we would have been able to fix this issue.

In relation to the keys, we do try to obtain a room number so that we can ensure that we are giving the correct keys to the correct people due to the security issues it can create, so it is pleasing to hear that our policy is working correctly.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to having you stay with us next time you travel to Adelaide.
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Three adults stayed here in March 2014 for four nights. We were in a two bedroom. It was clean, spacious and centrally located. It was very nice to have the washer and dryer right in the unit. We all did several loads of laundry. The staff was very polite and helpful. The parking was easy. We would definetly stay here again. Can't say enough good about it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan H
Franklin36, Manager at Franklin Central Apartments, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

As you do mention all of our apartments feature full kitchen and laundry facilities in the apartments.

We look forward to having you stay with us, next time you travel to Adelaide.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I must have different standards to the other reviewers for this place yet we stayed in very similar priced places in 2 other cities in the same week and this one paled in comparison.

It was tiny, not very clean and had clapped out appliances. On the plus side the staff were nice and location is good for a city-break / festival going, it has (tight) secure parking for an extra fee, is handy for basics in Coles supermarket and walkable to all things city.

If you have more than 1 child and would like to watch tv of an evening while they sleep in another room or even actually cook then this isn't for you.

While the master bedroom has a nice big comfy king bed there was certainly no room for a travel cot (our own). (And there obviously was no ensuite like in our other 2 same priced accommodations. First world problem I know but my wallet doesn't discriminate!)

The narrow single room was so full of built-in unnecessary wardrobes there was just about room for a bed & a locker at the END of the bed. I had to put the locker in the wardrobe to fit the travel cot - which did fit by a hairs breadth so that was something at least! (I still needed the bed though for a second child.)

When I moved the single bed, to try and manoeuvre in the cot, I found a previous guests sock under it. Likewise when I moved the couch later in the visit - to look for my kids toy cars - the floor under it could have done with a seriously good vacuuming.

When I rang reception to see was there anything bigger (there wasn't) the wire joining the handset & phone fell out cause the plastic bit at the end of the wire was broken. They did send someone to fix it but then you couldn't actually hear anyone on the other end at all. I didn't really care about that though.

The cooker was clapped out with the elements popping out the rings. The other appliances worked but were ancient except for the tv (thanks to the advent of digital tv I am guessing). It did have free wifi but of the infuriating variety - dropping out & having to keep setting it back on.

Unfortunately I had had to pay for 4 nights up front and they were booked out of 3 bed (cleaner?) apts so felt I didn't have much recourse.

While I am at it, there's very little natural light in the apartment bar the tv room so that was disconcerting in the mornings.

I wouldn't put minimum rent paying students in it never mind corporate bookings as another reviewer mentioned. If my company booked me in here I'd resign! (And I am generally not a harsh reviewer).

Have been to Adelaide 4 times now and would definitely not return to this accommodation or recommend it. This place really needs updating or could get away with it as it is IF it was quarter the price.

I do recommend festival city Adelaide however and will see her again :)

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Eire-ette
Thank you for your review although it seems as though you may have reviewed the incorrect property as our apartments do not have King Beds.
Plymouth
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We arrived at Franklin early morning following several days travelling. Our 1-bedroom apartment was ready for us by 10 am. It was large and quiet, so excellent to unwind. It's convenient for the fantastic Central Market and as it's well equipped you can get stuff to cook meals as well as breakfast, so saving the effort and expense of going out if you don't feel like it. The reception staff are helpful when you need something. Highly recommended for a longer visit to Adelaide.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JR-from-London
Franklin36, Manager at Franklin Central Apartments, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am pleased that we were able to accommodate your early checkin. We certainly do try and accommodate these where possible.

As you mention we are in an excellent location , being one street away from the Central Market.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Sydney
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The apartment was well furnished and clean and the kitchen was adequately equipped. The building is centrally located and close to shopping and galleries. The staff are very friendly and more than usually helpful. We will return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vitaSydney
Franklin36, Manager at Franklin Central Apartments, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us and as you do mention our location is fantastic.

We look forward to having you stay with us when you next travel to Adelaide.