InterContinental Adelaide
  • Room Service
Oaks Embassy(Adelaide)
Plaza Hotel(Adelaide)
View Hotel
Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide(Adelaide)
  • Fitness centre
2,017 results
All reviewsthe club loungeriverside restaurantriver viewmarble bathroomcricket groundtrain stationvalet parkingfestival theatreconvention centerbuffet breakfastattending a conferencean upgradenorth terracebit datedking bedpillow menubusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I stayed here on a 3 day business trip Having stayed previously (first as a Hyatt and then as an Intercontinental) it id definitely deteriorating. The location cannot be faulted and you get great views of the rive.. However, eventually you have to go deal with the hotel and that is where it starts falling down. The reception was chaotic and I got someone else's key and credit card handed to me. I was checking in on a Sunday morning as a large party was checking ot and the staff couldn't cope with the volume of activity., The bar/lounge was tired looking and the staff were very grumpy if you got to the bar when they wanted to close (anytime from 9.30pm onwards). There was a poor selection of drinks and the restaurant had catering that makes it seem as if it has escaped from a package holiday brochure Breakfast was very good for choice but poor service but the evening meal compromised of a haphazard buffet with what was poor quality food and minimal service to clear away plates. The view from the restaurant was good but otherwise it felt more like a cafe than a hotel . In my room the bathroom was early primitive. I am aware of some of the local regulations but other hotels manage to deal with them without looking like a doss house. The bedroom was quite spacious and the bar area and wardrobe quite well laid out but it all felt run down with chipped woodwork, dull colours and This hotel is just not good enough for the price. The Club Lounge had odd opening times and varied between have a good choice and minimal choice- it was very much fit into their opening times when they wanted to serve

Room Tip: Club room overlooking the Torrens/Cricket ground
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Jim P
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Now, I've not actually stayed here myself, but stay with me, I have put visiting family in here on two separate occasions and they all reported that it was a really great hotel.

In the first instance I got a room for a family member's wedding night and the hotel were nice enough to upgrade them to a river view room, and put a bouquet of flowers and a complimentary bottle of Moet champagne in their room for them!

In the second instance my sister and her husband stayed there for their wedding anniversary and they got upgraded to a river view room on the 20th floor.

I got the rooms using loyalty points, so it's not like I even paid for them, so to get the upgraes and extras was really good of them!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StevenandJen
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stayed in October 2011 for a business conference.

Great hotel with very nice rooms, and very nice facilities including a good gym.
Breakfast was great, including an egg chef as well as all the intercontinental breakfast trimmings.

If possible, opt for a room overlooking the river, as it is a beautiful view of the city at night.

Right next to the casino, however, as I am not a gambler, I did not experience this.

Quite pricey, but the service and rooms make it worthwhile.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank James R
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We are currently on day four of a five night stay in the Intercontinental Adelaide. We have enjoyed staying at the hotel as we received an upgrade to a suite and access to the Club Lounge. As Royal ambassadors we have received complimentary fruit plate and free mini bar. The rooms are a good size with a separate lounge area and large screen TV. The bathroom is large and very clean.
We have found the rooms quiet and the bed very comfortable.
When we are in Adelaide next we will definitely stay at the ICH Adelaide.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toptown
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed in Adelaide for 2 nights to visit family... The hotel is in a great location and my room had a gorgeous view of the River Torrens. The room itself was very comfortable and spacious with a luxurious large bathroom. Breakfast was included in my room rate and I have to say that the buffet breakfast was definitely one of the best I have ever seen - delicious. The staff were very friendly and it all worked very well. Would definitely stay there again...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family