“Excellent Location and great place!”

Quest on King William
Ranked #23 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 2 January 2014

It is a great place to stay if you want to be close to city. Great access to public transport and it is located in the heart of the city. I booked a studio apartment and the moment I step in, it just make me so comfy like I am back to home. The staffs is very attentive and helpful as well. The only think I would like to mention is that the parking lot is kinda a bit of walking distance. I have to park at level 3 but the parking lot off the lights after mid night and the whole building is kinda scary dark. This will be dangerous. Another thing, it will be great if I could have early check in rather than have to wait for like 45 min. Yet, the staff is still very nice to change me to another room just to cut short my waiting time. Great job. I will definitely choose the same place the next round I am in town!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Quest on K, Guest Relations Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Hello Chengbear,

It is great to see that the flow of positive feedback continues, and we wish to pass on our gratitude for take the time to review us.

We agree completely that the darkness of the carpark is of serious concern, and have already notified the facility operators of your comments.

While we try our best to arrange early check-ins for all guests, but it does rely on the housekeeping movements on the specific day. As a result, sometimes a short wait is unfortunate but unavoidable.

Still, we are glad that the accommodation and overall experience with Quest on King William was enjoyable.

Guest Relations Manager

There are newer reviews for Quest on King William

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It's close to the bus drop off from the airport, opposite tram to Glenelg, within walking distance to Rundle Street Mall (and a Coles supermarket) and some great eateries off King William Street (e.g. Pizza e Mozzarella Bar). The staff were super friendly which was an additional bonus. We stayed in a well-sized room on the 8th floor with a small kitchenette, average bathroom, good bed and a comfortable lounge-dining area. We got a good deal online for the room ($120 per night). There was no TV in the bedroom which some might not like. The room was quiet at night despite there being a bar opposite. I think there was double-glazing on the windows. The towels were lovely and thick but apart from that everything was kept fairly basic. There's a coffee shop just outside the hotel but it's closed on Sundays. We'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Good morning,

Thank you so much for the perfect score and kind words.

We believe that our accommodation represents outstanding value for money, and it is very pleasing to know those sentiments are shared.

You are correct in regards to our windows being double glazed. We find it's a must for a property located in the middle of the CBD, as it minimises all noise very effectively.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Reception Staff - courteous, attentive and very helpful
Rooms - generally clean, comfortable with sufficient amenities
Kitchen - fully equipped for cooking
Housekeeping - good but can improve to be better
Location - excellent, near CBD and shopping
Value - worth the amount paid

Room Tip: For a 2-bedroom, corner suites are large with good city view Excellent kitchen facility, fully equi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Emily,

We are delighted to read that you were satisfied with all aspects of our property.

Should you book with us in the future, please let the staff know of any specific requests you may have in regards to kitchen items, as requests are normally able to be met.

Thank you for submitting a review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

What a great hotel. Excellent location, close to everything. Rates were very reasonable. I found staff to be excellent. Centrally located. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very family friendly.

Room Tip: The room we had was excellent, no traffic noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Lesley,

We are glad to hear that we could make your New Year's Eve celebrations all the more enjoyable.

On behalf of all staff at Quest on King William, we wish you a prosperous 2014, and hope to see you throughout the year

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I was in Afdelaide for a conference and stayed in the one bedroom spa unit. Staff were friendly and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. Probably the biggest bathroom I have seen for some time and the spa bath was great. The hotel is very centrally located and the airport bus stopped just across the road. Rundle Mall was a few minutes walk away and there was a range of good restaurants and cafes in the area. I'd stay there again when I visit Adelaide.

Hi Barbara,

Thank you kindly for supplying such a positive review.

We sincerely hope you get the chance to return to Adelaide, and look forward to receiving your reservation.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at the Quest and it is a really good hotel.

It is centrally located, clean and I found the staff to be attentive and helpful.

I also found the price to be reasonable considering its location so close to the cbd.

I always stay here when in Adelaide and it never disappoints!

Couple of minor things though
- old TV
- a number of lift button lights and the indicator light above the lifts on Level 4 do not work

Overall I highly recommend staying here when in Adelaide.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Quest on K, Guest Relations Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Hi Sydney,

It is always rewarding to hear such praise from a regular guest, and Quest on King William offers much gratitude.

I have immediately notified the appropriate contacts in order to rectify the lift buttons on level 4 and appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

Regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I chose to stay at Q on KW as it was a preferred hotel for a conference I was attending and it was more reasonably priced than some of my preferred hotels in town. This hotel has a few things going for it. First and foremost is the location, right in the CBD with ready access to all the shops, public transport, restaurants and other services you could want. The apartment itself was reasonably spacious though lacked some features you would expect like a washing machine and dryer (though these were available on every second floor). However, the room was a little dingy and the fittings seemed either cheep or a bit tired. I'm not sure if it was just bad luck or because I was on the first floor but on the first night, I was awaken at 4am by what I assume was a garbage truck picking up the dumpmaster outside with all the associated banging and beeping that seemed to go on interminably. Put simply, all things being equal, I wouldn't choose Q on KW again. There are plenty of other good apartment style hotels that are better and more often than not, cheaper, in Adelaide.

Room Tip: Higher floors may be better for a view and less noise.

Good Morning Conatus,

We thank you for staying at Quest on King William.

We understand the inconvenience of the evening garbage collection, and are already in communications with the council to try and minimise any disturbance.

The timing of the conference you attended was unfortunately during one of the busiest weeks of the year, and subsequently prices were higher than usual due to the increased demand.

While it is disappointing to hear that you would not return, I believe that you will find Quest on King William to be tremendous value in comparison to properties in our vicinity.

Quest on King William