“Fantastic room”

Quest on King William
Ranked #22 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is the 2nd time ve stayed there .....great location to everywhere ..."loved the rooms as self contained apartments great value for money. The spa in bathroom was a huge area .....1 bedroom apartment could sleep 4 adults or 2 couples ....will stay there again f there is room ...

Room Tip: Spa room was excellent to relax every night ....
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Quest on K, General Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hi Valerie,

We love nothing more than to offer our guests a return visit, and we are delighted to read your review.

We wish to thank you for your generous score and hope to have you treat yourself to a spa again in the very near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The apartment felt old!! Thats not a good thing for a city that is moving forward.
The staff are great and the location is fantastic and normally I like charming buildings & apartments, but there is a difference between old & charming.

If I was back in Adelaide, it wouldn't be my first choice, but it wouldn't be my last either.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Good afternoon,

At Quest on King William we strive to offer great value accommodation, and it is concerning that that was not achieved in your situation.

I offer the sincerest of apologies and I invite you to personally contact me on 08 82175000 or email fom.kingwilliam@questapartments,com.au so i can obtain further clarification on the apartment in which you stayed.

We take any issues regarding the condition of our accommodation very seriously and hope you will return for a more satisfactory stay.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We couldn't fault the apartment. It was roomy and comfortable with everything we wanted. The desk staff were always helpful, particularly one young lady who couldn't do enough for us. It is a central location although being central in Adelaide you have to scout around for somewhere to eat at night when a lot of the restaurants close. It is however close to Rundle Mall and a very short walk to a rare sight for us in Adelaide, a restaurant that opens 24/7 (Pancake House).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good afternoon Darryl,

It is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed seeing the sights of Adelaide and we could make your visit all the more pleasant.

I have passed on your comments to the staff member that assisted you during you stay.

Thank you kindly for contributing to our TA page.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I was booked into here for an overnight. Basically no water to shower in the evening until it came on late. I wake up in the morning to shower as I need to go to work and yep no wster. When asking reception about any compensation she said maybe you can have something from the mini bar but ill have to check with the manager. Ill pay for the bottled water I drank. On another note the room at first glance appeared clean but look a bit closer and its not. Basic stuff like no one in what seems to be years has cleaned the edge of the tiles in bathroom. Bath has sticker saying its cleaned after every stay but it didn't appear that way. And as I continue to type still no water. Im not a snob just expect a clean area and water services. Im not sure of the cost of the apartment as this is a business stay over however will have a look after this.
Im sure if you're wanting somewhere to stay there is better - id say much better.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gabby A
Quest on K, General Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Hi Gabby,

Firstly let me apologise for the maintenance and housekeeping issues you encountered.

There was unfortunately an unexpected issue with our water that was difficult to diagnose and rectify. I can report that the issue was fixed very swiftly the next morning however.

I have passed on your comments regarding the tiles to our housekeeping manager, as this falls well below the standard we set for our business. Every guest that stays with us is guaranteed clean, comfortable accommodation, and we accept our shortcomings on this occasion.

Please feel free to contact myself directly on 088217500 to discuss appropriate compensation for the inconvenience caused. In the meantime i hope you reconsider your decision and return for a far more satisfactory stay.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights while attending a conference and found it good value for money and centrally located. Its got a very unobtrusive entrance so can be a little hard to spot but it centrally located just one street off Rundle Mall with lots of cafes and eating places within walking distance. Desk staff were friendly and always willing to help with information. My studio apartment was spacious and quiet and the small kitchenette adequate for those evenings I chose to eat in. The breakfast and snack packs that were available in the room for $10 looked like good value, although I didn't use them. There is no mini bar otherwise.

Room comfortable with all the usual facilities and I was happy with everything for the price. Only odd point was there was quite a high step up into the bathroom (which was a nice size btw) and it took me a couple of days before I stopped tripping in the darkness of the middle of the night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank your your positive review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please note that the troublesome step of which you mention is only found in a select few of our rooms, and our staff will always accept specific requests to make things more comfortable.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Quest on King William is comfortable, affordable accommodation in the centre of the Adelaide CBD, within walking distance to a number of restaurant precincts (Rundle Street, Gouger Street, Leigh Street/Peel Street), the Art Gallery and Museum on North Terrace, and the Adelaide Central Market on Grote Street.

All staff were friendly and helpful.

Our one-bedroom suite had a kitchenette (refrigerator, microwave, two-burner hotplate), and the usual tea/coffee amenities found in Australian hotels/motels. The suite was of satisfactory size (separate bedroom; living space with sofa, desk, table and chairs, TV, coffee table; bathroom), and very adequate in its amenities. The bed was excellent.

We had a seven-night stay in a suite facing Grenfell Street and found it to be quiet. I note that a number of reviewers have commented on street noise but we remained undisturbed by any external noise across the entire stay.

We have a few comments, none of great concern, and none which would cause us to not stay again:

1. the hotel air-conditioning was warmer than we would have liked - especially for sleeping. Despite visiting Adelaide during a particularly wintry autumn spell I had to use the AC to cool the room as we were unable to vent the heat through a sealed window. I usually find all hotels too hot so this is a common criticism of mine.

2. the foyer, inexplicably, ALWAYS smelled of hot cooking oil/fried food. It was off-putting, especially at check-in. I was worried that the guest rooms might also smell the same. They didn't.

3. parking is off-site, 300 metres away on Solomon Street. The distance between hotel and parking wasn't disclosed at the time of telephone booking. Fortunately (after my husband had booked) I read TripAdvisor and we were forewarned. If I hadn't this may well have become a tipping point for a frayed temper after a 8-9 hour drive from Melbourne. We are both ambulatory so the distance wasn't a problem, but it might be if you were travelling with children, are incapacitated by age or health, or simply disinclined to traverse such a distance either at all, or during inclement weather (as we had). Pack a brolly.

4. no wi-fi in the rooms. There is free wi-fi in the foyer.

Overall a very satisfactory stay. Great location, excellent value for money. We will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clack C

Clack C,

We wish to pass on our gratitude after reading your comprehensive review of our property. I'd like to take this opportunity to elaborate on some of the things you mentioned:

- The smell in the foyer is a known concern and something we are making ground in rectifying. We have short term measures in place, however as we share the building with other businesses, it is a difficult thing to overcome and can be more noticeable at times than at others. I can assure any other readers however, that the odour of the actual apartments and common areas is unaffected at all times.

- We don't usually advise of the parking situation during the reservation process, as normally guests are unsure of their plans. If our reservation staff are told specifically that a car park is required, then they should certainly be made aware of the offsite facility at this time. I sincerely apologise if this did not occur on this instance.

Above all however, we are very pleased to hear that you would stay with us again without hesitation and look forward to that eventuating in the near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed for 4 nights and found that this accommodation was great for our purposes. The kitchen was adequate for the few meals we ate in. Loved the big comfortable bed and the bathroom was clean and well stocked. Great to be able to do our laundry on site. The apartments are close to all the shops as well as the market. The one maintenance issue that cropped up was dealt with immediately. Reception staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Parking was a not all that convenient but still manageable.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, request an apartment at the back of the building - no view but worth th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Quest on K, Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Doreen,

The title of your review says it all for us - great value.

We understand that there are bigger, newer properties popping up all around the Adelaide CBD, but making accommodation affordable while still providing the same high level of service is what we are all about.

Thank you for submitting a review and we look forward to receiving your next reservation.