“Great hotel for a quick stay”

Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley
Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed here to attend a conference at the nearby university. Lovely hotel with very nice rooms. I was a little concerned given the number of nightclubs surrounding this hotel but it was fine on the weekdays but very lively on the weekend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
SalesAdelaide, General Manager at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Kel B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope to welcome you back to Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley when you visit Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Had great stay, was a bit noisy from night clubs around on weekend but otherwise really good. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food was good as well. Would recommend if wanting to be centrally located in Adelaide. Secure parking was a bonus even though had to pay. Easy walk for meals and drinks and shopping.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Kim S
SalesAdelaide, General Manager at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Kim S
Thank you for taking the time to express your recent stay at the Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley. We value all the constructive feedback that we receive from our guests by expressing their opinions both positive and negative.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Room was comfortable and represented great value for money. The down side was the room was very dusty on arrival. Rooms would benefit from a good clean.
Location was in the centre, close to everything including transport.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Dear Susan G

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley. I apologise that the cleanliness of the room was below standard, I will ensure to follow up.

I am pleased to hear you will stay again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 24 September 2013

The staff were really friendly and helpful and breakfast amazing. Bar at hotel great too. Between another couple we shared our birthdays and even got a complimentary bottle of champagne each upon arriving back to our rooms. It was a great stay and if we do go back to visit Adelaide we will definitely book this fun hotel.

2  Thank Peakaboo52
SalesAdelaide, General Manager at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Peakaboo52

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley. It is always a pleasure to read when our guests have enjoyed their stay by commending the staff and hotel services. It is our continual mission to anticipate and exceed the expectations of our guests. I will ensure to pass your feedback onto my team, I am sure they will feel humbled.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Just the location is worth the price of entry.

in Adelaide , pretty much everything is "10 minutes" drive away.
At the Grand Chancellor, pretty much everything is "5 minutes" walk away.
Casino / Rundle Mall / Sleeze Bars / Festival Centre / Transport / Whatever.

The rooms are standard fare. Comfy bed, functional airconditioning, fluffy towels, no complaints here.
The Buffet Breakfast is standard (yawn) fare again. Average & unimaginative. Probably worth it if already part of the package.

Great for a 2-3 day stay if a tourist to Adelaide or if you get a decent discount price.

Internet is fast (and expensive) - Parking is $ 15 / night

Room Tip: Rooms at the corner of the building ( 4 per floor) are the quietest as few walk past your door, and...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank env300
SalesAdelaide, General Manager at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear env300

Thank you for taking the time to express your recent stay at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley.

The location of Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide in Hindley is certainly ideal for both business and leisure travelers. We also understand that internet access is an important facility for our guests and that it should not only be easily accessible, but affordable. I am pleased to advise that we have recently upgraded internet facilities and are now able to provide complimentary wifi to all guests staying in the Hotel.

Once again I thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley in the near future

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I went to Adelaide for a conference with my future Son-In-law. I booked online through a major online booking agency and indicated that I would like the twin Queen bedding option. I thought that was simple enough.... guess I was taking it for granted that is what would happen.
We got to the hotel and were pleased to be told that we had a upgrade. The room was nice , a bit small but the corner window presented a nice view towards the sunset... Then I noticed we had a king sized bed .... only. I phoned reception to be told that the choice of bedding configuration was only there as guidance for the hotel and we are very sorry that there were no doubles available.... Future S-I-L ended up on a rollaway bed ( at my suggestion , not the hotel staff). Then when we were checking out at 8 am on the Sunday there was only one staff member at the desk..... long slow wait.... The location is good but I will not be back

Room Tip: Unfortunately it appears you have to phone this hotel to get what you want......
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Belatu
SalesAdelaide, General Manager at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Belatu

Thank you for taking the time to express your recent stay at the Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley; It is our continual mission to anticipate and exceed guests expectations and therefore we value all constructive feedback that we receive both positive and negative.

Our usual process is to pre allocate any reservations with special requests and I apologise that your request for two beds was overlooked on this occasion. I also apologise for the delay at check out; I will ensure to follow up with my team regarding the feedback you have provided.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and apologise that we did not meet your expectations. I hope to welcome you back to Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide in the future for a more enjoyable experience.

Kind Regards,