“clean and comfortable accommodation in the city centre”

Mansions on Pulteney
Ranked #42 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I have stayed at Quest Mansions 6 times in the past few years and have found it to be clean and comfortable. The decor is a little dated, but the rooms retain most of their period features including high ceilings, and some have wrought iron balconies. This accommodation is perfect for those wanting to be close to the city centre for a reasonable cost. The suites easily accommodate a family of 4 or 5 with seperate bedroom, bathroom, large living room with kitchen and dining room overlooking. Queen beds in most rooms. Room layouts do vary a little but you can ask for specifics when you book. There are full cooking facilities which also appeals to families on holiday, and plenty of room for the children to not be under your feet all the time. Plan to take our family there for our next trip to Adelaide. They also have a restaurant with fabulous food at reasonable prices downstairs in the basement.Much cheaper to eat in than to order room service. PS: The basement is a nightclub on the weekend so be aware of this when booking. I have only stayed during the week so can't comment about noise levels on the weekends.

Room Tip: make sure you call them direct to let them know the specifics of your visit and the room layout you...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 October 2011

My partner found a cockroache in the kettle!! Though eventually they gave him a new kettle but the feeling is just so disgusting!!!He also noticed that few cockroaches were crawling around the kitchen EVERYDAY. It is just so annoying and disguting!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Virocci
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This is my 2nd time staying at this mansion. Stayed 2 different rooms this time.

1 bedroom apartment - family (1 queen 1single)
Same room type as my previous stay, I really like this room. High ceiling, spacious, old but nicely renovated bathroom. This time I realised the water boiler is so small. We were 3 pax but could not take shower continuously. As per hotel staff, the boiler is too small, unable to supply continuous hotwater. It was still cold at night, I wish the management will take action for this. Although this room has a bath tub, unable to enjoy bathing....

1 bedroom apartment - executive (1 queen 1 sofabed)
More pricy than above room but quality is much lower.... Shower room is too small and again insufficient hot water. No view , the room is facing to the backpath.

Overall, I like this hotel but this time, I was a bit dissappointed at hot water supply as it was still cold weather. Beside this, I would like to be back again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank travelhoneybee
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We had a spacious living room and bedroom. The room was immaculate. The bathroom was fine but could stand a facelift. Service was somehow flat, certainly not first class. Internets exceptionally dear and slow to boot.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are noisy because of traffic and passersby. Avoid.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I stayed here about two months ago and was horrified at the room I was given. I am a sales rep and had booked for three nights via "wotif". I stayed for one night and checked out the following morning. I did not receive a refund on the further two nights I had already paid for however it was a small price to pay for not having to spend any more time in this property.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank BDLovebud
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Found myself needing accommodation in a pinch after a family member was flown to royal Adelaide hospital with an unexpected medical emergency.

I went into the reception and the two ladies working were very friendly and helpful with my booking. They let me know that if I needed to extend my stay they would make sure I had no problems and I just found them really lovely overall.

The hotel itself was in a great location close to the hospital and it was great to be able to either cook a meal in the full kitchen or have a choice of restaurants.

The room was roomy but a bit dated, floors very marked, toilet seat broken and the window roman blinds were in desperate need of a clean. The bed was old and it creaked and squeaked so loud every time I moved that it kept waking me up! Below our balcony was an Indian take away shop so needless
To say the whole floor smelled of butter chicken constantly.

I had no problem with noise as such but on 2 nights there was something within the building that was causing vibrations so loud and strong that we actually thought it was an earthquake at some stage. Unfortunately when we called down to reception to find out what was happening it was closed at 7:01 pm
so we never did locate the source of the disturbance.

Hot water tanks are so small that you only get literally six minutes of hot water before it has to reheat.

Laundry facilities on the roof are handy but get quite costly at three dollars for the wash and three dollars each dry cycle and one dry cycle did not dry the clothes so nine dollars total for one load of wash.

After my father was discharged early from the hospital the reception staff were very considerate in not charging for the extra person for that last night which we greatly appreciated.

Housekeeping staff are either very good or very slack depending on who cleans the room but this i find is the case most places.

Carparking is a nightmare and was
Not explained well leading to much confusion getting in and getting out.

Overall it was acceptable in a pinch and the price was reasonable. I think that people are more inclined to put up with some faults if the staff are lovely which they were.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Trickybear1
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Maybe it was because we had a room on the first floor, but for 2 out of our 3 nights the live music from the club below reverberated until 3am - and the receptionist claimed no-one else had ever complained! The carpets were badly stained, as was the linoleum, and the rest of the decor was very tired. Lighting was poor, and hot water came out of the taps at boiling point, then ran out at the end of one shower. The only good point about this apartment was the comfortable bed and high quality sheets, but this certainly doesn't redeem it.

Room Tip: Top floor - but only if you have to stay there.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple