Beautiful old hotel with modern room features.
Concierge, Marco was helpful from my first contact with him a few weeks before we arrived. Marco recommended tours and arranged airport transport which ran smoothly and professionally.
Check-in was quick and a room upgrade (thanks to Marco knowing it was our wedding anniversary I suspect) was offered to a spa suite. The suite was lovely, unfortunately the view was of a brick wall but this didn’t spoil our stay as there was enough space in the suite to sit and enjoy a glass of wine without a balcony and view. We could still hear shouting at 3am from outside on the street which kept us awake so maybe take ear plugs to get a good rest.
The waterfall shower in the bathroom was wonderful, yet also had a water-saving head for the conscientious.
Although we didn’t get chance to use the pool and gym we viewed the amenities and they were extremely well equipped.
Breakfast was included in our package and the choice was superb. 6 different freshly squeezed juices, fruit, cereals, Burcher, pancakes, cakes, muffins, slices, crumbles, salmon cheese, deli meats, anti-pasto, chocolate fountain and of course cooked breakfast with eggs cooked anyway to order.
Room service was quick and good. The restaurant was booked out every night and very good quality. Con our waiter was great he didn’t stop moving and we didn’t have to wait for anything. He also was a great source of advice when spoilt for choice on a couple of the courses.
The location was superb on North Terrace. Trams and trains outside the door, museums, galleries and the casino just across the road and round the corner from the shops in Rundle Mall.
The only thing if we were being really picky was that the gift which was included in our package wasn’t in the room when we arrived, and there were also dirty plates outside our door. When I later informed Reception I was told that it had been “marked as left by the Maid’ and it actually made me feel a little uncomfortable as if he was insinuating that I was trying to get an extra one. He did send somebody up a few minutes later with the gift.
We would stay here again if we were to visit Adelaide again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Playford, MGallery by Sofitel, is a boutique five-star hotel located in the heart of Adelaide on the vibrant North Terrace. Offering the perfect blend of classical style and contemporary luxury, the stunning Art Nouveau ambience flows through all 182 beautifully appointed guestrooms, studio spa suites and New York style loft suites. 24-hour guest facilities include a fully equipped Health Club with indoor heated pool, spa and sauna, business centre and guest laundry. Located only 9km from Adelaide International Airport and ideally situated within walking distance to the Festival Theatre, Convention Centre, Adelaide Casino, Parliament House and the central business district. Recent accolades include: 'Best Luxury Accommodation' South Australian Tourism Awards 2015 with induction into the Hall of Fame 'Best Deluxe Accommodation' Australian Hotels Association Awards 2015 'Best Restaurant Accommodation Division' Australian Hotels Association Awards 2015 with induction into the Hall of Fame 'Best Restaurant in a Hotel' South Australian Restaurant and Catering Awards 2015 'Two Glass Winner' Gourmet Traveller Wine List of the Year Awards 2015 Judged Australia's Best Luxury Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Playford - MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Playford Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Sebel Playford Adelaide
- Sebel Playford Hotel Adelaide