We stayed 6 nights at the Sebel Playford in Adelaide, and were very happy with everything about it. Our room was large and quiet; great bathroom with heaps of bench space which so many hotels just don't have. We wanted to take the bed and pillow home, they were that comfy. Breakfast in the dining room was fabulous - amazing selection of really nice food, even gluten-free cereal. The staff in the breakfast room were very pleasant and accommodating, as was the porter at the front door.
The hotel is opposite the convention centre which backs onto the river, so it's in a good position. It is only a 5 minute walk to the main shopping area of Rundle Mall. The tram stops outside and can take you off to Glenelg for a very enjoyable time. Buses also are very handy.
If I had to give any criticism, it would be:
The indoor pool in the basement was a little disappointing as although the chairs were comfortable, I prefer to relax around a pool on a chaise longue (lazy boy) so I can lay back, read a book or whatever. The area is quite fumy with chlorine too when you first enter, but you get used to that. I think they could do more to the pool area to make it more appealing. Pity they couldn't put windows in - it's a little claustrophobic.
The music being played in the breakfast area was opera which I didn't find appealing at all, and certainly not relaxing or conducive to enjoying a great breakfast. Sure it's a classy hotel, but looking around me, there were average folk, young and old - and opera only appeals to a very small section of society.
And to be really picky, the one-ply toilet paper could be improved upon.
Having said that, we would head back to the Sebel Playford in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Playford, MGallery by Sofitel, is a boutique five-star hotel located in the heart of Adelaide on the vibrant North Terrace. Offering the perfect blend of classical style and contemporary luxury, the stunning Art Nouveau ambience flows through all 182 beautifully appointed guestrooms, studio spa suites and New York style loft suites. 24-hour guest facilities include a fully equipped Health Club with indoor heated pool, spa and sauna, business centre and guest laundry. Located only 9km from Adelaide International Airport and ideally situated within walking distance to the Festival Theatre, Convention Centre, Adelaide Casino, Parliament House and the central business district. Recent accolades include: 'Best Luxury Accommodation' South Australian Tourism Awards 2015 with induction into the Hall of Fame 'Best Deluxe Accommodation' Australian Hotels Association Awards 2015 'Best Restaurant Accommodation Division' Australian Hotels Association Awards 2015 with induction into the Hall of Fame 'Best Restaurant in a Hotel' South Australian Restaurant and Catering Awards 2015 'Two Glass Winner' Gourmet Traveller Wine List of the Year Awards 2015 Judged Australia's Best Luxury Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your The Playford - MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Playford Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Sebel Playford Adelaide
- Sebel Playford Hotel Adelaide