We stayed at the Sebel for four nights while attending the Adelaide Festival. The location on North Terrace was perfect, across the street from the railway station and Festival Centre and near to public transport stops and various food outlets of varying quality. This section of the city (adjacent to Hindley Street) is pretty seedy, but the hotel itself is quite secure and there are other hotels and people along North Tce at night, so one feels safe. Our room -- a standard King -- was clean, comfortable and large, with pleasant decoration and good sound-proofing. The bed was good, the choice of pillows satisfactory and the TV had a good range of channels. The bathroom was spotless and provided with nice organic shampoos, soap and bath gel. The room had a safe, a kettle and tea and coffee powder (deluxe rooms apparently have a coffee machine), a mini bar and fridge and there was a single bathrobe in the closet. We ate breakfast in the hotel only once. It is a buffet and rather expensive ($32), but the food was kept fresh and appetising and the selection was one of the best we've encountered, with an emphasis on healthy choices, local providores and tempting flavours. My husband ordered an omelette and it was absolutely huge and stuffed full of fresh veggies and cheese! The lobby looks a bit worn; it has a bar and a smallish dining area, as well as tables and umbrellas along North Terrace and attracts a lot of locals and people attending conferences, so there was always a buzz. There is wifi in the rooms but for a hefty $22 charge, so we took advantage of the hour's free wifi in lobby. However, there is free wifi throughout most of the Adelaide CBD, so it's easy to log on from a cafe or a park bench. The really outstanding thing about the Sebel Playford, however, is the staff. They were always helpful, always charming, always friendly and always a pleasure to deal with. We were there on a crowded weekend, with a full house and lots of functions/weddings, but despite this, the place ran smoothly and both staff and guests seemed happy and cheerful. I honestly can't think of anything negative to say about the Sebel, and that is a pretty high form of praise coming from me! Well done, Sebel management and staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Playford, MGallery by Sofitel, is a boutique five-star hotel located in the heart of Adelaide on the vibrant North Terrace. Offering the perfect blend of classical style and contemporary luxury, the stunning Art Nouveau ambience flows through all 182 beautifully appointed guestrooms, studio spa suites and New York style loft suites. 24-hour guest facilities include a fully equipped Health Club with indoor heated pool, spa and sauna, business centre and guest laundry. Located only 9km from Adelaide International Airport and ideally situated within walking distance to the Festival Theatre, Convention Centre, Adelaide Casino, Parliament House and the central business district. Recent accolades include: 'Best Luxury Accommodation' South Australian Tourism Awards 2015 with induction into the Hall of Fame 'Best Deluxe Accommodation' Australian Hotels Association Awards 2015 'Best Restaurant Accommodation Division' Australian Hotels Association Awards 2015 with induction into the Hall of Fame 'Best Restaurant in a Hotel' South Australian Restaurant and Catering Awards 2015 'Two Glass Winner' Gourmet Traveller Wine List of the Year Awards 2015 Judged Australia's Best Luxury Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Playford - MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Playford Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Sebel Playford Adelaide
- Sebel Playford Hotel Adelaide