Stayed there during a conference in the Convention Center on the other side of the street. Reception was very friendly and gave me an upgrade to a studio room, since I stayed for 6 nights. I arrived at night, so I did not realize until the next morning that the room was facing towards a pretty dark inner courtyard. So staying therenit is hard to find out wether it is sunny or cloudy. Anyhow - I did not spend much time there anyhow. The room was spaceous and clean. Little kitchenette in the entrance area with a nespresso style machine (and two cups complimentary each day). Bedroom was Separate with extra TV-Set, large and comfortable bed and enough space for clothes and suitcase. Living room has an easy chair with foot bench, little dinig table/desk and a sofa. The style of the whole place is pretty Art Deco and has a cozy athmosphere, but it is quite dark except for bar and restaurant which do get some daylight.
All in all it is for Australia a quite nice hotel, though heftily priced. Payed 230 AUD through the conference. My partners rented a whole house with 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms and huge dijing/living room/kitchen for 180 AUD per day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Playford, MGallery by Sofitel, is a boutique five-star hotel located in the heart of Adelaide on the vibrant North Terrace. Offering the perfect blend of classical style and contemporary luxury, the stunning Art Nouveau ambience flows through all 182 beautifully appointed guestrooms, studio spa suites and New York style loft suites. 24-hour guest facilities include a fully equipped Health Club with indoor heated pool, spa and sauna, business centre and guest laundry. Located only 9km from Adelaide International Airport and ideally situated within walking distance to the Festival Theatre, Convention Centre, Adelaide Casino, Parliament House and the central business district. Recent accolades include: 'Best Luxury Accommodation' South Australian Tourism Awards 2015 with induction into the Hall of Fame 'Best Deluxe Accommodation' Australian Hotels Association Awards 2015 'Best Restaurant Accommodation Division' Australian Hotels Association Awards 2015 with induction into the Hall of Fame 'Best Restaurant in a Hotel' South Australian Restaurant and Catering Awards 2015 'Two Glass Winner' Gourmet Traveller Wine List of the Year Awards 2015 Judged Australia's Best Luxury Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Playford - MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Playford Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Sebel Playford Adelaide
- Sebel Playford Hotel Adelaide