I recently spent 5 nights at this hotel for a conference. As I am with the group organising the event I was given an upgrade to a loft suite. For a long stay the room was very good - very spacious and airy. The doors open to the real air outside which is a bonus (but no balcony which would really add to it).
Slightly odd thing with the loft room is that the bathroom (with lovely spa bath and lots of space) is downstairs as you walk in, the (very comfy) king size bed and closests are up the loft stairs. That wasn't a hassle as the valet carried my suitcase up for me, but it was a bit inconvenient to have the bathroom so far away.
Service was fantastic - best I've ever had in Adelaide, concierge was extremely good, front desk fine (slight delay on check out), room service outstanding, cleaning service great and the dry cleaning and laundry was also excellent - nothing went wrong, small items I'd left in a suit pocket carefully packaged and returned, and not that expensive (in hotel-land). There is a same day cleaning and repair service about half a block from the hotel if you prefer to pay more sensible costs.
My biggest gripe is the internet - it seems crazy to have a 5 star hotel charging daily rates with download limits for internet access. Annoyingly for those staying a few days there was no weekly option so I think it was $25 daily. It's just silly these days, I think they should really re-think it.
But overall I was extremely pleased and very happy with the service and comfort. Definitely a good choice for Adelaide, walking distance to most things (and right opposite the Convention Centre of course).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Playford, MGallery by Sofitel, is a boutique five-star hotel located in the heart of Adelaide on the vibrant North Terrace. Offering the perfect blend of classical style and contemporary luxury, the stunning Art Nouveau ambience flows through all 182 beautifully appointed guestrooms, studio spa suites and New York style loft suites. 24-hour guest facilities include a fully equipped Health Club with indoor heated pool, spa and sauna, business centre and guest laundry. Located only 9km from Adelaide International Airport and ideally situated within walking distance to the Festival Theatre, Convention Centre, Adelaide Casino, Parliament House and the central business district. Recent accolades include: 'Best Luxury Accommodation' South Australian Tourism Awards 2015 with induction into the Hall of Fame 'Best Deluxe Accommodation' Australian Hotels Association Awards 2015 'Best Restaurant Accommodation Division' Australian Hotels Association Awards 2015 with induction into the Hall of Fame 'Best Restaurant in a Hotel' South Australian Restaurant and Catering Awards 2015 'Two Glass Winner' Gourmet Traveller Wine List of the Year Awards 2015 Judged Australia's Best Luxury Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Priceline, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Playford - MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Playford Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Sebel Playford Adelaide
- Sebel Playford Hotel Adelaide