“Return stay, lovely hotel”

Peppers Waymouth Hotel
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Stayed here with my husband on a B&B package in an Executive Spa Suite. It is the second time at this hotel and again the service and facilities were faultless. From check in, breakfast and check out everyone was lovely. The room was spotless and beautifully appointed. My only issue would be valet parking. The hotel entrance is small and vehicles were backed up in the street waiting to be moved to the car park. We had nowhere to leave our car for the valet to park it, so we drove around and around the block. We did however eventually get park in the street, outside the hotel where we left the car overnight which was a lot cheaper. No drama. Other than this very minor glitch, it was a fabulous stay, I would highly recommend the hotel. Thankyou.

Room Tip: If you are thinking about a package it is worth the few extra $$$ to try the Executive Spa Suite. A...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Hotel was as you would expect from a big chain - clean, great service and a little bit impersonal. Few novelties here - pool where you can see through a small window in the bottom to the front door of the hotel, as well as a bathroom with a glass window/wall between the bathtub and the bed. As I was here alone travelling on business I though the concept was amusing, though not sure I would like my partner seeing me use the bathroom (all facilities!, though there was a blind you could shut for privacy. Buffet breakfast was a good standard, usual mix of healthy and cooked items, plus really welcomed that you could take away a proper espresso based coffee in the morning - definite plus! :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed at the Rendezvous Grand Hotel Adelaide for 3 nights. The rooms are modern, clean and well appointed. I loved the location, as it was a short walk in to the CBD, China Town and is has some amazing restaurants (Press and Georges) just across Waymouth Street. However, we found the staff to be a real mixed bag. From the moment we arrived in a hire car, we were advised that we could use their Valet parking service, or park across the street for a small fortune by a somewhat disinterested Valet Attendant. At reception the staff member checking us in was brusque, and attempted to rush my partner along throughout the entire process. Then without any prompting it was made abundantly clear that we would not earn any points for our stay since we had made our booking through an online accommodation site. Next we were told we would have to cart our bags up to the room unassisted. The real saving grace here was the hotel’s excellent location, our luxurious room, a handful of exceptional staff members, and the consistently helpful, friendly and efficient Housekeeping department. Considering that it is rated as a 5 star hotel, it was disappointing to find that not all of their staff was on the same page as each other when it comes to customer service. So, we left our feedback for several staff members by name and department whom were outstanding in their roles. I really would have loved to have given this hotel a 5 star rating, but I just don’t feel it’s fair to do so. They could definitely get there, but some serious staff training is going to have to take place first.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheDassieLife
Reviewed 4 December 2012

This stop over was the last leg of a four day tour trip of Adelaide,
Thought booking a 5 star hotel on wotif with my friend was a good idea to end
Our trip.
The staff were welcoming and our room was ready. Ended up on the 2nd floor
In a room that was way below the wow factor . Maybe you get a 3 star room if its booked on wotif.
Over all great location to going out for a meal or shopping.
But if your wanting 5 star this is not your hotel.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dalta2u
Reviewed 29 November 2012 via mobile

One of the best hotel room I be ever stayed. The room was very accomodating bigger than any other four star hotels. The bathroom was very spacious and marble throughout with glass window. Relaxing spa bath while watching television. Breakfast was scrumptious and reasonably priced. Approximately ten minutes walk to Rundle Mall and plenty of restaurant nearby. Will definitely be back if I am in Adelaide.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 26 November 2012

What a beautiful hotel with nice rooms and great bathroom with a lovely deep bath. I got a great deal which included champagne, gourmet breakfast and late check out, and we were not at all disappointed with our stay.

The bed was super comfortable, the staff great, and a it was a good location for accessing the all the eating places on Gouger Street, but also the bars and clubs on Hindley Street. It was the perfect stay for a great girls night out!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I had a brief stop over the Adelaide between flights and found a good deal for a room at this hotel so decided to spend a bit more than usual to stay somewhere nice. The little that I saw of the hotel was very nice. The staff were helpful and the room was lovely. Large room with a spacious bathroom. The bed was comfy and I always appreciate a good sized desk. I also used the pool - nice and clean although full of selfish people who made swimming a few laps difficult. One strange thing was that the hotel service guide listed the pool on the wrong floor so a wasted 10 minutes trying to find it. Not a big issue. Given that it wasn't that much more expensive than some very ordinary serviced apartments I've stayed in in Adelaide I'd certainly stay there again. It is a very good hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business