“Good location,very comfortable!”

Peppers Waymouth Hotel
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here recently and had a great time in Adelaide. The room was very comfortable - bed especially. Nicely appointed with large bathroom. It is also a good location in the city - close to the markets which is an easy place for breakfast. We got a good deal as this was a mystery accommodation package via 'wotif' - so it was very good value for money for us.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Just came back from a weekend break (fringe festival) and partners birthday!!

Was a bit apprehensive after reading some reviews on hotel but was very happily surprised!

Great location for shops restaurants trams buses etc.

Fab room king size bed beautiful sheets very clean great size room!

Great swimming pool! Very helpful and polite staff!!

If I have to make any suggestions it would be to have better coffee at breakfast and to turn down

the air con!!!

Really hard to find anything negative to say!!

We loved it!! Thank you very much

Jenny+jay (room311)

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I decided to book an online special for $159 - forgot to check about the balcony and got stuck without one for the 1st time, the balcony really helps make it.

I called on the morning of check in to get the awesome late check out (pay $75 and get to stay until 6pm on the day of check out) the lady said "yes we can give you another night at the same rate of $159" I reiterated that I only wanted late check out - she confirmed "yes that will be fine so we have you in until 6pm for $75"
When we got there I was told it was subject to availability and that they could only do it until 3pm for the same $75 rate... i explained thats why I had called in the morning and had to reiterate a number of times that she had CONFIRMED it with me and not advised me it was "subject to availability" (otherwise whats the point of calling on the day?)
I remained calm and polite but i do get sick of having to re-explain myself if situations like this. My demeanour must have went down well as they then offered me 4:30pm check out for $65 as a resolution.

SLEEP QUALITY = 9/10 great pillows, biiiig bed, movement reducing style mattress.

BATHROOM = always a treat at the Rendezvous spacious, lovely free products (love the hand soap) - missed my usual jacuzzi bath tho but you need to spend at least an extra $100 to get one those rooms.

POOL/SPA/SAUNA = SALT water pool! need i say more? spa is lovely and relaxing with street views. The sauna took a while to heat up - im not keen on 'dry' saunas either really - i prefer the ones where you can pour water on.

OVERALL - I would stay again - but - they forget that people like to be told about what they can do in the hotel - when we checked in they didn't tell us pool opening times, what level anything was on or anything about the restaurant... basically they just checked us in a left us to it. Bell boys did well & so did the valet - better than FOH

Room Tip: if you want to have a luxury hotel based experience go for a more deluxe room - the ones with a balc...
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Rendezvous Grand for two nights for a work stay, in an executive spa suite (which was a massive room, very nicely fitted out). Staff were very friendly, especially the concierge staff. Easy walking distance to the Rundle St mall and Gouger St restaurants.

My only disappointment was with the gym - it is great that it is open 24 hours but for a hotel of its size I thought the gym was very small with only three cardio machines (admittedly a fourth was not working). If travelling for business it can be a problem as the gym was very crowded before work on the days I stayed.

All in all though, I was very happy with my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Good value for money. Great location, good room. Only gripe was the room was not cleaned until after 4pm at the weekend, and then it was because I called and asked them to do it.

Overall I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: higher the better
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Beautiful, spacious, recently decorated room. Good breakfast service and atmosphere. Good quality restaurant and great pool. The only negative points were the uncomfortable bed and the aircon that didn't work properly during the heatwave.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Viajantes-75
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed for one night in the Superior Room, 1 King Bed.
I felt a little let down and disappointed to be honest. This is meant to be a 5 star hotel, however the quality and price did not reflect its rating. The staff were friendly in particular Chantel. She was lovely and courteous. The issues we encountered: 1. the room was booked for three people and we specifically asked for 2 beds, there was 1 bed and 1 single roll away - the price we paid for the extra person was not worth mentioning the extra person, the couch or floor would have been better, 2. there was only a few towels in the room. We called and requested more and the person we spoke to seemed both surprised and shocked at our request as if we were asking for them for a bag full of diamonds, 3. the towels we requested did not arrive until almost an hour after requested, 4. the runner on the bed had an awful looking white stain on it, these things need to be checked and cleaned by housekeeping, 5. in the bathroom there was no faucet on the sink / tap and there was clearly visible mould around what was left instead of the faucet, 6. at checkout the hotel tried to charge me an additional $50 for the roll away bed, even after charging me about $100 extra for the additional person, again next time I will booking a room for 2 and the third person can sleep wherever we find room if this is the way third people are treated. They were the only issues we had. Other than that I cannot really comment anymore as we only used the room to sleep in and did not eat or use the bar but everything downstairs in the foyer looked good. We parked a car in valet and it was brought out very quickly which was good. One final thing I might mention, we had to take our bags to our room and there was no offer for a porter or bell hop to assist. Somehow I don't think that is acceptable of a 5 star rating hotel...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family