“An Enjoyable Stay for Business”

Peppers Waymouth Hotel
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Melbourne, Australia
“An Enjoyable Stay for Business”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel caters very well to those traveling on business. It would be suitable for other types of visits however I don't think you would enjoy the corporate vibe - unavoidable since most guests are here for work.

The hotel is very central. There is a good gym, great lap pool, spa and sauna to utilise. If you would prefer to go to a large gym or class, Good Life is only a short walk. The hotel also contains a restaurant and bar area, busy with people after a days work.

My deluxe room was luxury, very enjoyable. It included design features such as a window next to the bath so you can see through to the bedroom and watch tv. There is a mini bar, work desk, sitting chair, flat screen TV with options to purchase movies. The bed was comfortable with a pillow menu. Along with the usual tea/coffee facilities, a plunger & good ground coffee is provided complimentary. My room was silent, but I did only stay mid week. My only complaint would be the shower hot water. It only ever reached warm and never stayed at that temperature, it would suddenly go cold. This was the case for every shower.

Like all corporate hotels breakfast isn't cheap, starting at around $30. However, there was a great express option. For $17 you got a breakfast wrap (egg & bacon or veg) and barrister made coffee/juice delivered to your room. In room dining was high restaurant quality about $30 a meal. I also visited the cafe opposite the hotel for breakfast where I could get muesli with fruit and a cappuccino for under $10.

Parking is $28 a night but there were nearby parking complexes you could try for something cheaper. I parked out the front on the street, from 6pm-8am it's free or during the day it's about $3/hr, 2-3hr park.

I found the Rendezvous to be very enjoyable, complimenting my business stay. I would stay here again. However, if you are a family or someone looking to be in an environment with a range of people, staying for various reasons I suggest you move on. Best to leave the sea of men/women in suits to their business....unless of course you're looking to meet someone ;)

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Rend_Management, Front Office Manager at Peppers Waymouth Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Emily M,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your feedback.

It was very pleasing to read your business trip was relaxing and enjoyable. Our team here at the Rendezvous share a common goal and that is to be the hotel of choice for corporate travellers to Adelaide. Based on your review I believe we have succeeded.

Apologies if you weren't informed but we offer a business benefits package tailored for our corporate clientèle. Offerings in the package include a full gourmet breakfast, 24 hour hi-speed WIFI, drink voucher at Lounge 55 or laundered shirt all for a small cost. Be sure to ask our reception team on your next visit.

Thank you again for your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This place has a great location - close to everything but still in a fairly quiet spot, away from noisy clubs and bars. The walls aren't very soundproof though, so hopefully your neighbours are respectful.

The staff were faultless and all staff we were in contact with were welcoming, very polite, friendly and professional.

Trivial note - I really like the wave style entry cards. They are more fun!

As others have mentioned, the pool area could do with a shower, especially as the posted health guidelines in that area recommend showering before swimming. The pool is nice though and my daughter loved the portholes showing the street below.

We didn't use the restaurant, but room service was nice and as someone else said, the toasted sandwich plate was big enough for two people! Mini bar prices seemed reasonable too, but there is a convenience store next door ;-)

The room was nice (corner room), but the luggage area seemed to be very dark and could do with some additional lighting in the suitcase storage area as it was so dark that we ended up putting our case in the main room so we could see! Apart from that, the room was very clean (but no bin liners?) and had lots of light in the main living space during the day. A few of the fixtures and fittings had some wear and tear (cracked glass on the bench top, and a cracked window, nothing that affected functionality), but everything looks neat and is comfortable. What more could you ask for?

The bathroom is lovely, and it is so nice to have room to move and a separate shower. We didn't have any hot water issues like other people reported, so hopefully they are on top of that now.

We have stayed in a lot of hotels, and this is one of the only few that my daughter has requested we return to, so no doubt we will be back soon.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank duritz1978
Dear duritz1978,

Thank you for dropping a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to the hotel.

I am delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and appreciated our excellent facilities especially our beautiful pool. Apologies if you weren't informed but within close proximity of the pool on the same floor we do offer change rooms equipped with showers. Guest is comfort and satisfaction is at the heart of everything we do!

It was also very pleasing to know the staff were courteous and professional with your needs. I will definitely be sharing your lovely comments at the next team meeting.

Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming both you and your daughter back soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

As has been mentioned, the thing I'll most take away from staying here was trying to work out how to switch the water off in the sink. A frenzied combination of up, left, right, down, aaargh eventually led to a siting that dripped less than the other positions I could find.

The hotel was clean, comfortable but a bit pricey in the bar outside of the happy hour and after 2 days at the breakfast I decided that I'd nip into a nearby cafe for something cheaper but just as tasty.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank DuncanRS
Rend_Management, Front Office Manager at Peppers Waymouth Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear DuncanRS,

Thank you for providing us feedback on TripAdvisor. I trust you had a wonderful time in our beautiful city.

It was pleasing to know you found the room clean and comfortable. I acknowledge your comments regarding the taps in your bathroom and apologise for the inconvenience. I am pleased to advise you the hotel is in the process of re-fitting our guest rooms with more user-friendly tapware. This is already present in a number of our rooms.

Thank you again for your review. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Australia.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Excellent service on arrival although parking is very tight. We wanted to check in and return the rental car and shortage of space to park while this was happening was not what we expected. However once sorted the service for the rest of the stay was great.

Room was spacious and comfortable but the bathroom was a real experience. Taps that don't have a positive off position were quite disconcerting and a pain trying to stop from dripping. The faucet in the hand basin was very short and pointed upward, very trendy I'm sure but useless for filling a glass or electric jug. A beautiful, big bath but a long way to reach to fill the jug.

The bar was good and the bar snacks very good.

This hotel is in a great location in the centre of town and near the Adelaide markets.

Checkout was a breeze. We asked to book a taxi to the airport and were recommended a hire car by the concierge which we accepted. What a great service; clean, on time, well dressed and spoken driver in a very comfortable, large sedan. Sure, a luxury, but for a very few dollars more this is a great service.

Would I stay here again? Definitely.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael R
Dear Michael R,

Thank you for taking the time to drop a review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your constructive feedback.

Overall, I was really happy you had an enjoyable stay. Our prime location is second to none and I am glad you took full advantage of it. Apologies that you found our taps difficult to operate. Our hotel is currently in the process of re-fitting guest rooms with a more user-friendly tapware and basin. This is already present in a number of our rooms. Be sure to ask our reception on your next stay.

Thank you again for your time. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mt Martha, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

No turn down service for a supposed 5 star hotel, people very loud in corridors late at night and slamming doors. Needs shower in pool area coming out of sauna and straight into the pool is not very hygienic, rooms not very sound proof heard loud music late at night. Staff helpful general cleanliness very good rooms spacious bathroom good. Rooms are dark not much lighting.

Room Tip: Wifi very slow unless you pay extra
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChristianRyan
Dear ChristianRyan,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor following your visit in July. We really appreciate your constructive feedback.

Our team all share a common goal and that is to exceed our guests' expectations everytime and unfortunately we didn't on this occasion. We have since dissected your comments to help us improve future service.

Thank you for your time. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Everything is good except our 4 wheeled luggage was damaged upon storage with the concierge on the checkin day. Luckily upon feedback to the front desk, the concierge manager sent the luggage for repair and returned to us the very same day. Location near to Chinatown, Leigh street and Rundle mall so food is not a problem although hotel has only one cafe.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank venussnow
Rend_Management, Front Office Manager at Peppers Waymouth Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear venussnow,

Thank you for dropping a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us despite the untimely problem with your suitcase. I was very pleased to hear Adam our concierge manager was able to assist you with your dilemma.

Thank you again your feedback and valuable time. I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful city and hotel in the not too distant future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel is located in a great location within easy walking distance of everything in the city. The rooms are large and well fitted out. I have stayed here several times and often get upgraded to a larger room. The only downsides on any of my visits has been the shower! The hot water seems to be intermittent and I have had to skip a shower some days. The other thing to be mindful of if you use the valet parking that it can take a while to get your car. Your best bet is to book a time the night before if you are in a hurry.

Room Tip: The higher up rooms are quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 383traveller
Dear 383traveller,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent visit.

I am so pleased you enjoyed the modern comforts of your room and made the most of our convenient location.

Apologies for the problem you encountered with the intermittent shower. Our maintenance team have since identified the cause and addressed the problem. If you wish to discuss this matter in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me at h.tran@rendezvoushotels.com.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.