“Rickshaws again the highlight.”

Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Australind, Australia
“Rickshaws again the highlight.”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I along with my boss, rarely eat in when travelling, but whenever we go to Adelaide we make sure we make a reservation at Rickshaws Restaurant where we stay at the Stamford. The food is excellent, the wine list is great and the service is perfect, particularly the lovely Jing Jing, who is by far the most professional and charming hostess I have have met.
Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
GrahamSPA, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Thank you for your kind comments. We are very proud of our staff, as they demonstrate genuine caring attitude to service. Our Head Chef at Rickshaws along with Jing Jing and our Food & Beverage team will be thrilled by your comments.

I am personally delighted that they have been giving you great service and we hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Had a friends wedding reception at The Stamford Plaza Adelaide. Was so nice to have a room upstairs to go back to after the reception finished. Room was clean and had beautiful views overlooking the city and river. I made my booking with Heath, who was very friendly and helpful. Great service and staff!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for your valuable comments and for taking the time to review your stay - we do really appreciate all feedback.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our excellent location and it is great to hear that our team made your stay so comfortable - this is exactly what we aim for each guest to experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I have stayed in this hotel numerous times and the experience gets better each visit. I am from Adelaide originally and I always stay here when I return. Location is perfect and the staff are exceptional. Last visit was in January 2011 and Alex welcomed me with open arms. He is the best concierge I have met in my travels. One exception would be the Frenchman in paris! I love the Stamford. Always makes me feel welcome and I'll be back there in four weeks time. See you soon x

• Stayed January 2011
GrahamSPA, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments.

We are so proud of Alex and the team and look forward to welcoming you back.
midura vic
Reviewed 17 July 2011

we have always found the staff and service great (alex makes you so very welcome) The rooms are always clean and well presented. within walking to city & the trams.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments.

We are delighted with Alex and the team. They make me feel very proud.

We are also pleased with the upgrades planned for our guest rooms. When you next stay I suggest you ask if we can allocated you one of the sample rooms so you can give us some feedback. I am sure you will like them.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2011

A colleague and I stayed at the Stamford Plaza Adelaide during a Convention in Adelaide in June for 4 nights. The hotel was well located (virtually across the street from the Convention Centre).
The hotel was clean and the service very professional. I found the staff very responsive to any request and that they were always friendly and engaging. The facilities were very good, particularly the gymnasium.
I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Adelaide for business.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your comment.

I am delighted you were pleased with our service and facilities.

We are indeed perfectly located close to the convention centre and the cultural centre of Adelaide.

We hope you are able to return soon.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Certainly a massive improvement from the Pan Pacific in Perth. This hotel is clean comfortable and extremely well located with the casino, railway station and tram just at the front door. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The windows actually open and it was a delight to get fresh air. My room has a lovely view of the Adelaide oval and the church across the road.

the staff here are friendly and made my trip enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Spent 6 nights on an impromptu trip to Adelaide, Stamford Plaza a great choice for this kind of trip! The Staff were so helpful in ensuring that my last minute travel plans came together seemlessly.
I was lucky enough to have been checked in by Heath on the front desk who made it his personal mission to ensure I saw the best South Australia had to offer, from tips on bars and restauraunts to sights, tours and shopping.
As all hotels of this era, they have 1 or 2 problems but these were sorted out quickly and with a smile.
Great location, Great View, Wonderful Staff.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends