Stamford Plaza Adelaide
US$133
Pullman Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$97
  • Restaurant
Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$94
Very Good 4/5
InterContinental Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$94
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Adabco Boutique Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$68
Great 4.5/5
Peppers Waymouth Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$114
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$107
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Majestic Roof Garden Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$119
Mayfair Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$154
Mayfair Hotel
2,761 results
All reviewsla bocajunior spa suitegreat locationparliament housepark viewrooftop poolnorth terracebuffet breakfastfestival centreroom servicevalet parkingrundle mallacross the roadrailway stationbusiness tripstandard roomart gallery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was my first time staying at a Stamford hotel, and it was a positive experience. The hotel is not a grandeur style but rather striving for a luxury feel; it felt real and approachable. The personnel was helpful and welcoming. The best thing about the hotel for me was its location: we walked all over the city centre: Casino, the cultural centre, central shopping district and nearby sights; the tram stop for a ride to Glenelg was nearby, and there were always taxis in front of the hotel. We were there for the weekend of the yearly parade, which we could see from our room (an unexpected bonus).

I wish it had free Wi-Fi in rooms though, as this is essential in our time and at a very little cost to the hotel would offer great convenience to guests, especially to business travellers who wish to stay longer. I find it absurd after traveling in Europe and Asia (where all hotels now offer free Wi-Fi for guests) that Australian hotels try to charge $12 for 2 hours of Internet access with a room that's worth hundreds of dollars a night, when most coffee shops and McDonalds offer free Wi-Fi if you just buy a burger for $2.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Elena G

A top contributor review is greatly valued and we thank you for giving us such great comments about our fabulous location and service.
The annual Xmas parade is something you have to see to believe in Adelaide.....we get locals lining up from 4am to get their "spot"to view the proceedings.

Elena thank you for your comments regarding the internet which is always a bone of contention when compared around the world. The reality is Australia has one of the most expensive wholesale internet infrastructures in the world and the cost to our 335 room hotel is quite large. With the development of more competition and the NBN we do anticipate we can pass savings onto our guests in the future.

Elena we look forward to welcoming you back to Adelaide.

Regards

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel after an awards night we attended at the Adelaide Convention Centre. It's only a 5 minute walk to the Convention Centre and right next door to a 24 hr convenience store aswell. The beds are very comfortable, staff were lovely and helpful. The room was very reasonably priced and very spacious. Would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sharon A

Great 5 star review thank you and we appreciate your comments.

Really pleased you had a great awards night out at the Convention Centre!!!!!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have being staying at the Stamford Plaza in Adelaide over many years sometimes with work and sometimes for recreation. I have always found the service to be excellent and while we do have a choice of places to stay with work I would always pick the Stamford plaza for many reasons. It has a country feel and since I am from the country this is great, the staff call you by name and polite and respectful, have a joke with you and are generally fabulous. One of the other reasons I like staying here is that the beds are very comfortable which to me is very importanyt especially if staying a while. You can not pay for atmoshere and this hotel has it in spades. I like the cocktail lounge and Rickshaws which have staff that their whole focus is making you comfortable, just lovely.
My daughter who is now 24 wanted for 16th birthday a night at the Stanford with her friend which we did and she just loved it since then her husband and my daughter have stayed for occasional special treat and they love it so in my opinion and I have stayed in a lot of different places the Stamford rates as one of the best

Room Tip: well the last room I was allocate was 614 which was great
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Viv L
Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Deear Viv L

What a lovely sincere review.....thank you and I am so glad we have contributed to some great memories for your family. Our team were quite chuffed when I read your review out at morning briefing. Mani our chef in Rickshaws in my opinion makes the best Butter chicken and Naan bread in town.....I totaly understand why you love this restaurant so much.

Viv I really appreciate the time and thought you put into this 5 star review!!!

Regards

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed over a weekend (well, Friday – Saturday, checking out Sunday) & really enjoyed our stay here. We had stayed at another Stamford in Sydney a while ago, so we interested to stay with the brand again.

Stamford Plaza was conveniently located in the heart of Adelaide, in (very) easy walking distance to the Casino, Festival Centre, Art Gallery and Museum – it was a great location to explore Adelaide.

We could also see the Adelaide Oval from our room, so it would be great to stay here during the cricket season or during the AFL next year. The tram stop is close too, so getting down to Glenelg or to the Entertainment Centre would be easy. (Rundle Mall is close too if you are into shopping!)

Our room overlooked North Terrace, with lovely views across to the Oval and parks. Apparently, the hotel has just finished a refurbishment with new furnishings, carpets and such. We loved the armchair in the room - nice touch.

The bed was comfortable and room was a good size. I found the staff to be extremely friendly and accommodating and always ready for a chat (especially Alex at concierge – what a top guy!).

Breakfast at the hotel's TGs Restaurant was superb, and we were lucky enough to try the seafood buffet one night – magnificent! There are two other restaurants as well – we’ll have to try them on our next visit to Adelaide.

Overall, it was a good stay and the Stamford Plaza is a great place from which to explore Adelaide - we will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor facing the park/oval. Wonderful views from there!
2  Thank TDeson

Dear TDeson

It looks like you got to enjoy all aspects of the hotel from our great views overlooking nthe Adelaide Oval to the Seafood Buffet that is glittered with Port Lincoln Prawns and Oysters.

We really appreviate your loyalty to our brand having stayed at other stamfords around the country.

Thank you for the great review!!!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a anniversary night with my partner, the room was lovely, clean, tidy and modern, had a great view even from the 5th floor.
The shower was a bit different, it took ages to get to the right temparature with decent presure and there was a rust ring on the base of the bath, but other than that fine.
Upon returning from the hotel after a lovely dinner we could hear the music pounding away at the nightclub/pub downstairs, it was clear enough that my partner and i turned the frustration into a game of guessing the next song... and we would sing along to it!
Very disapointing for a 5 star hotel... it wasn't until after 4 that i finally fell asleep to the pounds of the music!
The breakfast was a bit disapointing too, we arrived an hour and 10 minutes before the buffet closed and found little left, with the hash browns looking more like mashed potatoes.. I was presented with the incorrect coffee order (which i paid for) and we at the table for 40 minutes and none of our plates were taken away and it was not busy at all for $30+ per person. very disapointed i didn't leave the building for breakfast.
I'd hoped that the reception upon check out would ask if we enjoyed our stay, but they sadly didn't.
Overall, i wouldn't normally comment about an hotel if it was a 3-4 star, but for a 5 star i'd expect alot more.

Room Tip: The higher level the room the better, and avoid rooms close to king william street perhaps avoid if traveling on friday or saturday

Dear Tamara

Thank you for all your points regarding your stay and I am so sorry there were some issues with noise from Swish and the Breakfast. We can get a large volume of guests coming all at once for Breakfast on a Sunday so I apologise that the buffet was not in its normal condition when you arrived at the time you specified.
We have taken some measures to mitgate the noise from the bar 5 floors below you so i will review these to ensure it does not re-occur.

Thank you for bringing these to my attention and I apprecaite the review you have posted.