“Good place to stay in Adeleine”

Ranked #15 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nice & Good hotel with very central location near all main sights & shopping mall in CBD area. Good service and helpful staff. Top floor swimming pool rather small though nice in any case. Good and fresh breakfast. Restaurants in hotel under construction so not su much to choose from during my visit. Rather spacious room, especially if 2 beds. Remember ask room for the Northern terrace - you'll get view for Government House, Adeleine Oval, etc. Otherwise you'lll get backyard with other houses and parking places

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Olivia H, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Hello JRa70,

You'll be pleased to know our newest restaurant La Boca Argentinean Bar and Grill is now open, alongside Ginza Miyako Japanese Restaurant which is due for opening next week!

Im so pleased you were happy with the service levels from our team, our new pool and spa area and the quality of the breakfast buffet.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The location is fabulous, closes to Rundell mall and all other shops. It is close to the police station too. The zoo is in walking distance. The room is a bit old but they are renovating so hopefully better scene soon. Services were excellent.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

You'll be pleased to know we are about 60% of the way through our refurbishment with the remaining rooms and suites due for the completion in the coming months. Happily, our new restaurants and lobby are completed and have received excellent feedback.

Im glad you were able to walk up to the Zoo and shops on Rundle Mall, did you get to the nearby Museum and Art Gallery as well?

I look forward to welcoming you next time to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide.

Kind Regards,
Olivia Harvey Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Although it was a standard deluxe room, I was lucky to have a room that faced the lovely Parliament House and the Railway Station, and the city skyline.

The rooms were huge, modern finishings, a large flat screen, tea, coffee and green tea (which I loved). The bathroom was large with all the modern conveniences.

The bed was very comfy and there were bathrobes. There was also an in-room safe.
The reception was very friendly and even the concierge who had been there for umpteen years, remembered my name even though I was just an overnigther.

I asked and was given an early check-in, so I was quite pleased as I had a meeting to attend that afternoon.

There were many small bars, cafes and restaurants less than 5 mins walk away in the alleys. The hotel also had its own restaurant (which I did not try) and also a relative large bar which was quite well patronised.

I could not find fault with the Stamford.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Love_Life_Sydney

Hello Love_Life_Sydney,

The view from the hotel over Parliament and the parklands is lovely and Im so pleased you were happy with the amentities and features of your room. Our beds are brand new and we have many comments about the quality of the king sized mattresses, so I was glad to read you had a great sleep and an early check in!

Next time you visit I do hope you get to try the recently opened La Boca Argentinean Bar and Grill, or Ginza Miyako Japanese Restaurant which opens next week.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This is not my first stay here, however, it will be my last.
Reception staff were friendly, however, was not informed that valet parking was $40, which I thought was a bit much.
The room was pleasant, with a view of a car park & brick wall. I was on my own, so was surprised that I was given a room with 2 double beds.
Bit disappointed that while the bathroom had been renovated, there is still a shower curtain, this made showering quite an interesting task.
Ordered breakfast for the room, scrambled eggs were the worst I have ever had, & the toast was cold, I would recommend finding somewhere else for a nice cooked breakfast.
The worst thing was that an hour before checkout, I had a knock at the door, proceeded by a lady trying to open the door, I had the door latched which was lucky as I had just gotten out of the shower. I opened the door for her, she proceeded to walk I n saying she needed to check the mini bar, which I had not used, could have told her this if she had asked.
I will never stay here again, plenty of other nicer places in Adelaide to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Megan T

Hi Megan T,

I regret that we have disappointed you on your recent stay at the Stamford Plaza, although I am pleased to hear you were happy with your refurbished room and the service at the front desk.

Please contact me directly and I would be pleased to personally ensure you do not have a repeat of the same unfortunate incidences with room service and the minibar intrusion.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We try and stay at Stamford every time we visit Adelaide. We have never had bad or sub-standard service. The rooms are always clean and tidy. The staff have always been excellent. When we stay, we usually use one of their package deals and they have never failed to satisfy and are reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We always try and stay in the Junior Spa Suite. It is always a winner of a room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SSSBishop
Olivia H, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Hi SSSBishop,

Im always pleased to hear that our high service standards are being met by our committed team and to hear that you enjoyed our staff is wonderful. The packages we offer are certainly great value and are very popular especially with our new restaurants opening. Did you get to try La Boca during your stay?

You will be thrilled to know the Junior Spa Suites are scheduled for a refit soon and will be even more comfortable and luxuriously appointed, so I do hope you are able to stay again once those are enhanced.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Stamford Plaza Adelaide soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Are you sick of staying in hotels where the bean counter has gotten "smart" and put an extra charge on for using a credit card when you check out (not expressed in you booking where you bare specifically told that this is the whole charge with no extras or booking fees) and also they have made another decision to charge a sum of internet usage on to of your rom fee. (in this case 25.00). We all know that the hotels cost for this are either miniscule or non existent.
We need to she these clever little "profit centre" people a strong message. I intend to review every hotel that does this with the same heading, so should you until they stop doing it!
So choose another hotel in Adelaide besides the Stamford Plaza

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Coogee11

Hello Coogee 11,

I regret that our credit card charge wasn't made clear to you - on booking, the terms and conditions supplied to you state that the current fees are 1.5% of the total bill. Our internet and credit card fees are generally comparable with other 5 star hotels in Adelaide, however I will certainly take your comments on board when we next review these procedures.

I was pleased to see that you rated the sleep quality well and trust that you enjoyed your stay in spite of the fees encountered.

Please let me know if you choose to stay with us again and I will endeavour to make your stay more pleasant.

Regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stay here once a year for a night out. Never any problems. Our stay recently, lovely front counter service, lovely breakfast. (as always). Only thing was aircon which was switched off still made weird sound. Across from casino very convenient. Short walk to the main shopping of Rundle Mall.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ALISON P
Olivia H, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hi Alison P,

I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was easy and convenient, and that our staff and breakfast team are upholding our high standards of service. The breakfast buffet certainly is a treat, did you try a made to order omelette or egg dish from the chef? They are delicious!

I am concerned to hear of the maintenance of your air conditioner but you will be pleased to know we regularly service the system and have resolved the noise issues. We are one of the few large hotels where you can open the windows for fresh air - something I'm sure our guests appreciate after travel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide on your next visit.