“Good not great . .”

Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Glenelg, Australia
“Good not great . .”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed while having a Business meeting in Adelaide, so chose here as good price for their Winter warmer package. Phoned up the day before to let them know my wife would be checking in before me, no problem this would all be noted down. Of course, when she booked in no notes at all. To their credit they upgraded us to a suite which was very nice, large room, clean and nice bathroom if a little bit dated. Very poor water pressure though in the shower. Large king size bed, very comfy and nice and quiet with no noise at all. We were looking forward to breakfast as had heard a lot about it, our package covered the cost, but I understand it to be $30.00 per person otherwise. The restaurant was a big let down, to me more like a cafeteria, old furniture and a small area for the hot food. There was an automatic coffee machine which was awful. The food was pretty tasteless, and god knows what the chef had done to the baked beans but they were awful. Please just leave baked beans alone ! There is no way I would pay $60.00 for breakfast here for 2 people so a big let down.
Overall yes we would stay again but no breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robbie0101
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Stamford Plaza Adelaide and I appreciate your feedback. The majority of our guest rooms and suites were fully refurbished in November 2013 and I am pleased to let you know that the remaining rooms are to be completed early 2015. I am disappointed to hear the breakfast was not up to standard and please do accept my apologies. I will discuss this issue with the kitchens to see what the problem might have been.

I hope to welcome you back to Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Karl Unterfrauner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was expecting a lot more for the price I payed. Although the view was lovely the "superior" room was tired and out dated, and what annoyed me the most is that when I went to go to sleep there was a pen and note pad made into the bed under the sheet so that was very poor on behalf of house keeping. Breakfast the next morning was not hot but everything was luke warm.

All in all it was nothing special at all and there are much nice places to stay in Adelaide

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mirror91
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Stamford Plaza Adelaide. I am disappointed to receive this feedback in regards to your stay and will discuss the issues you have raised with the relevant departments.

If you have any further feedback please feel free to email myself directly at karlunterfrauner@stamford.com.au

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here for two nights after our wedding. Great location as it was within walking distance from our reception (State Library). Booked a junior suite with a view- view was of a carpark wall. Room is general was ok but shabby and could do with a makeover and update in furniture and TV. Bathroom with spa was less than luxurious - Shower recess had black mould spots and was in need of new silicone, there was one missing bathrobe hook on the back of the door and the overhead ceiling man hole panels had black dirty handprints on them from previous access. We had booked this room using partial Qantas frequent flyer points so hadn't expected the best room in the hotel but had we paid the full rack rate, we would have been furious. Room service menu was as expected with the usual inflated prices. We wouldn't have minded this for the convenience however, the food quality was poor. We ordered on two occasions, service was fast and friendly but the meals were luke warm and soggy/oily. We were sent only one set of cutlery for two main lunch meals and both times received one single individually wrapped mentos mint on the tray to share. All staff we encountered were polite enough but came across as mechanical and robotic. Overall the experience was nowhere near 5 star. We are having a real honeymoon later in the year so are not devastated but wouldn't recommend this hotel for anything other than the location and a bed.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adelaidian2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Stamford Plaza Adelaide and congratulations on your recent wedding. The majority of our guest rooms and suites were fully refurbished in November 2013 and I am pleased to let you know that the remaining rooms are to be completed early 2015. I am disappointed to hear your meals was not up to standard and please do accept my apologies. I will discuss this issue with room service staff to see what the problem might have been.

I hope to welcome you back to Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was a business trip and the things I look for were not up to scratch. Parking is an astronomical rate both for self parking $20 or Valet $50. Wifi prices on domestic airlines in the US are more than half the cost of the ridiculous prices that are charged for access. The staff were friendly and the rooms clean if not a bit dated. The in room Iron is cheap and had difficulty ironing a shirt. Nice views and great for a stroll either in the morning or after work. Will be here for a long term project over 10 weeks but will not consider this Hotel due to the car parking and internet access.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Hornet181
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Stamford Plaza Adelaide.

I am sorry you did not find the amenities up to the standard you were hoping. We do have a Business Saver Package which is available to book and saves you over 30%. I would love to win you back, please feel free to email me with any further concerns you may have at karlunterfrauner@stamford.com.au

Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed on a Friday night after a show. We were in room 908. I had asked for high floor but would have preferred something higher than the 9th floor. The noise from the night club reverberated off the adjacent building and kept us awake until 2 am. Spotless room. Great breakfast. Concierge were fantastic. Would I stay here again. No. The noise was too much. Perhaps higher floors in rooms on the western side (rooms 17+) might be better, in terms of noise. I'm not happy about writing this review - but be very specific about what room you book. Book western side of building, high floor. Low on Eastern is a problem.

Room Tip: High floor wester side of building - otherwise noise from night club will be a problem.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Red161
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Stamford Plaza Adelaide and for your feedback.

I am pleased to hear you found the staff friendly and enjoyed the buffet breakfast in TG’s Restaurant during your stay. However, I am disappointed to hear of the noise issue. If you wish to discuss this matter further I am happy to hear from you via email karlunterfrauner@stamford.com.au

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Booked a room for saturday's AFL game. As it was a special price i assumed we would get a pokey room in the back blocks...to my surprise we had a 9th floor north facing room overlooking the river, railway station etc! Everything was perfect..check in, staff, parking, drinks in Cascades bar (normal pub prices), room service.....the room was exactly as the photos show. I read some nasty reviews prior to booking but in our opinion we could not fault anything at all. Was almost sound proof, spacious, great bathroom, spotlessly clean....would recommend.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay at Stamford Plaza Adelaide and for your review. Our hotel is certainly in the prime position for football goers – and the new Adelaide Oval is something our state is very proud of. I am so pleased to hear your had an enjoyable stay and found our staff helpful.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Adelaide.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I had a long weekend in Adelaide. We stayed at the Stamford Plaza. We were upgraded to a Premier Room with view. Our room was on the 19th Floor (Room 1916). The views were fantastic. The room was large and very comfortable. The staff were very helpful. Will most definitely return for another long weekend this coming summer.
We looked out and saw Adelaide Oval, The Cathedral, Parliament House, Government House, The Casino. At night and at sunset the view was really fantastic.
We flew into Adelaide and caught the bus almost to the door of the hotel (only a short walk)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with Stamford Plaza Adelaide and for your kind feedback. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, the views over the Adelaide parklands are certainly a great feature of our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming your husband and yourself to the hotel again in the future.