“Nice Location”

Princes Lodge Motel
Ranked #31 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 18 July 2013

and friendly helpful Owners.
We thought this was a nice OLD place to stay.
It is a wee bit like faulty towers but we liked that about it.

Nice big sitting areas with plenty of light reading matter and a large breakfast room.
Noisy doors and paper thin walls upstairs............we wondered if perhaps it would
have been better downstairs.

Amenities.......fridge, tea making facilities, coffee plunger which was a bonus......., cutlery,desk, wardrobe and TV.

Convenient level walk to North Adelaide shops, and only about 100 m to Connector Bus Stop which takes you to the city.
(It seems this bus is free on weekends)

We walked to the city and it was only about a 20minute easy STROLL with plenty of interesting things to see on the way.

Many wonderful restaurants within a very easy level walk.
Parking at the rear of the building.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time here and would like to return.

Room Tip: Check which rooms are best for you before booking. Choice of upstairs or down.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrew_and_David, Owner at Princes Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sure other travellers will find it helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Adelaide.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights on arrival in Australia. We booked a budget double room with separate bathroom. Next time we'd probably opt for the ensuite version because the additional cost is not great. The building and rooms are attractive, in a well-lived in kind of way. Breakfast is included, which was very welcome.

The location is good, in a quiet residential area overlooking open parkland. Melbourne Street and O'Connell Street are not far away so there's no excuse to go hungry or thirsty. Adelaide city and The Oval are within walking distance.

The staff were very helpful and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank njohnb
Andrew_and_David, Manager at Princes Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for yor review and for suggesting travellers check all types of rooms we have available. The budget rooms with a separate bathroom are for those seeking to save some dollars while for a little more a room with ensuite is often available.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I recently stayed at the Princes Lodge in North Adelaide.It was a great experience.My room,although economy,was spacious,clean and had everything I required for my 18 night stay.The motel is situated in a quiet part of town but only a few minutes walk to the main street with it's marvellous array of shops and suchlike.The proprietors and staff were friendly and helpful and I shall make it a point of staying there again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night on the 14th March this year, travelling by myself. I arrived after hours (which wasn't a problem), so they left instructions in a designated place, telling me the code to get in either the front or side door and my room number. I parked my car around the back ( parking included in the price), and proceeded to go to my room, which was upstairs. Room very budget, but bed was quite comfy (for 1 anyway) and the old air con on the wall worked well. TV was a flatscreen which worked fine. I had a room with an external shower/toilet that was for my use only, as I had a key for it, but the worst thing was that it wasn't right next door to the bedroom, it was down the passage about 10-15 metres away. This didn't bother me at all for the shower, but if you get up during the night to use the toilet, it was a bit of a pain. There are rooms available with an ensuite shower. The Motel has that old feel about it but I felt very safe there. Breakfast was down in the dining room, which consisted of a few cereals, tinned fruit, a couple choices of juice, tea, coffee and toast with vegemite, jams or marmalade. Was good actually. I paid $85, so was good value. Not the place I would go for an extended holiday, but for a one nighter trying to do it on the cheap, it was quite good. Only met one of the hosts, which was on checkout, and he was very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your review and pictures. As you state we offer rooms that are good for those on a budget in a location convenient to most Adelaide has to offer. For a little bit more than you paid we offer rooms with ensuite bathrooms finished to a higher standard and a larger bed if the separate bathroom is not suitable.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Our stay here was arranged by friends because of the availability of a family room that they could all use, we were located in the main house. The room was clean and well equipped and the staff could not have been more helpful. There is Free WiFi available for residents. We complicated the issue by staying 2 nights then going away for two nights and then returning for two nights, not a problem, they took it in their stride and made no fuss whatsoever. An ideal place to stay when visiting Adelaide, not too far from the city and in a beautiful setting with the park directly opposite. Close to lots of places to eat or drink. They have a BBQ area in the garden that residents can use which was very convenient.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback but we must advise other travellers that we do not at this time offer free wifi. It is available at a small cost of $6 per day or less if you use Skype credit or set up an account with the provider - Tomizone.com. Should this change we will update our website with the details.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

This was a pleasant motel to stay in, a beautiful old building which terrific features, the room was OK, clean and functional. North Adelaide is a great location for anyone visiting Adelaide.

I found the motel to be inviting, uncomplicated and private. There were Guide Dogs staying when I was there and as a dog lover I could not have been more pleased.

Plenty of parking, great location and good price. Breakfast was fine, I only ever have cereal and toast and juice and it was all there.....

I had a good homely feeling staying at Princes Lodge.

Room Tip: Room 19 was good for me.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at Prince's Lodge. The price was right in a clean and comfortable room. I stayed in room 22 in the coach house. Flat screen TV with FoxTel, FREE continental breakfast, and a very private and quiet location. I stayed in a single en suite room. Bathroom was a little cramped, but no big deal. I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Andrew_and_David, Owner at Princes Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear JenniferB27. Thank you for posting a review and glad you had a pleasant stay. I would just like to clarify for others that we do not have Foxtel. Our TV's receive all free to air stations some of which show programs that are also on Foxtel.