“will definitely return”

Ranked #39 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Port Lincoln, Australia
“will definitely return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Beautiful old Hotel, staff are lovely. There is private Hotel guest parking under the Hotel, self park no valet. Reasonably priced compared to other city & Hotel parking. Rooms are very nice, clean. The restaurant & food is expensive but beautiful. Table service was lovely. You get what you pay for. My room was less than $100 a night, it's right in the city within walking distance to most things & public transport is practically right outside the door. The visitor information centre is a stone's throw from the hotel, walk straight down on the same side of the road as the Hotel. Love this place, definitely going back.

Room Tip: Book online via the Mercure website, ahead of time if you can. Great deals. You won't find other...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Korean first
Coffs Harbour, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

It was an excellent hotel for a very good price. Located close to Shopping, excellent restaurant, comfortable room, and excellent service and staff. I would recommend this hotel to the business traveler.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Cherrabun
Woking, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked the room on line didn't realise it was the basic room.
Slippy vinyl floor covering, everytime we got into bed it moved 30cms across the floor. There was no chair when we asked for one, reception said "there isn't room for one" it was so sparsely furnished you could have fitted in a third single bed. The wash hand basin was the shallowest I have ever seen, less than 10cms. No drawers and very little hanging space. Access via corridor, up stairs and down stairs and a long walk fro the lifts at the front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Side rooms are best and hopefully those now being refurbished are improved, ask if they have been re...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Adelaide hotels

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was warned against staying here after I'd made my booking. It was the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in and I was in a Standard room (their Economy rooms are even smaller).
My air conditioning didn't work for the duration of my stay so I did not sleep under the covers - when I told reception upon check out I was not offered an apology.
My window was heavily frosted to conceal the tin roof outside it however the 6am rain informed me of that.
Half way through my four day stay, both my room keys stopped working.
Despite there being a note in the room to ask you to consider not having your room reset everyday, housekeeping were not happy I only had the room reset once. They came back three times to try and clean on the first day and then followed me down the hallway asking if I was sure. Eventually I did have the room reset and when I came back to the hotel the rubbish hadn't been taken out and they had taken the used towels but not provided clean towels.
Considering the properties adjacent and opposite the Grosvenor, I will not be staying here again.

Loxton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

basic room, very small; horrendous and overpowering smell of cleaning chemicals that left me with a sore throat; bathroom: thank goodness we are not huge people!!. the bathroom glass door was see through INTO the bathroom so was able to see each other perched on the loo!!!; the basin taps don't move so it was very hard to maneuver to wash face or clean teeth . one power point not working and I only discovered this by thinking I had charged my phone over night to discover it had not charged.dust in places on skirting boards and on top of cupboards.no wine glasses. in the hall way the whole time we were there someone had left their room service plate in the corridor - it was not collected in 24 hours. On the plus side; clean sheets, comfortable bed.great hair dryer. staff were friendly. buffet breakfast was lovely.great central location close to everything.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I was placed there through work cover, and won't be recommending it to anyone, stayed for 8 days, the cleaning service was below average, ask for the sheets to be changed and all they did was turn the pillow over and make the bed, the room was dark and small, as well as the so called bathroom, there would be more room in a dog kennel. The car park is almost unusable for large cars. One night in the restaurant I ordered the special than told while they served the rest off my table that they gave my meal to someone else and that I had to choose another meal as there was no special left. Also on check out I paid for all my extras, but they had also put a hold on funds in my bank and now I'm fighting to have them release it, they say its the bank not them, but the bank tells a different story.

• Stayed August 2013