“You simply won't beat this at the price”

Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Adina is my company's preferred supplier for accommodation so I am pretty familiar with what they have on offer.

Adina apartments generally range from good down to adequate, depending upon location. Adina Treasury is an exception - it is a very high standard that would be suitable for leisure travel and special occasions. It is not a luxury hotel, but is much better than your average conference hotel. The apartments are well sized, well appointed and elegant with high ceilings and colonial windows. Bedrooms are quiet (even on the street side) with exceptionally comfortable beds. Fittings are of a superior standard and the refurbishment is still new.

The gym is small and fairly standard, but does the job. The lap pool is a good place to start the day, or perhaps the spa or sauna. (note - the maintenance staff do not understand how an electric sauna works and get upset about the idea of pouring water onto the stones, so you will need to BYO a cup or two of water).

Subterranean tunnels connect all the facilities together (although apparently only a small proportion are open, there are tunnels to surrounding buildings that are still closed off). I am surprised they have not put in a cellar bar, but maybe don't have the market for it.

Breakfast in the Courtyard was a highlight of the day and I made a point of an extra coffee each morning just to get a bit longer by the fountain. Breakfast menu was quite reasonable.

Minor gripes - I really don't understand why Australian hotels think it is acceptable to gouge an extra $10 a day or so for internet. This is Adina policy but annoying none the less. The parking is a few minutes walk from the hotel and you might not want to take that route at 2AM. Note - the night staff are completely unable to explain how to get there (it is on a one way street and a bit counterintuitive, so they need a map).

Location is fairly central, in easy walking distance to Goudger street restaurant precinct and Chinatown.

I have no hesitation recommending Adina treasury. I have paid a lot more and got nowhere near the same standard of accommodation elsewhere.

Room Tip: Courtyard preferred except for Friday night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank DJB3500
Ben S, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear DJB3500,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with some wonderful constructive feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

So pleased to hear that you found the beds comfortable and the apartments well appointed and elegant. I am happy that you mentioned about the sound proofing, many of our guests are surprised with how quiet the rooms are.

As far as I am aware, the Sauna does not accept water being poured onto it, but I will follow this up with the supplier and will have an answer for you when you next come to stay.

I will follow up with my night team regarding directions to the car park and we are currently looking into the situation with the Wi-Fi.

Thanks again for taking the time to review our Hotel and the Adina Adelaide team look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Excellent property with lot of character located in a great position.

We stayed in a one bedroom premier. Spacious apartment fully equipped and with a small cute balcony.
The spa/indoor pool was a pleasant surprise.

We definitely recommend this property :)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EuropeinOz
Ben S, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear EuropeinOz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. The entire Adina team and I are absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we all hope to welcome you back one day soon when your travels bring you back to Adelaide.

I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed here for the duration of the Adelaide Ashes test match. All staff we dealt with on reception and the bar were excellent. Relaxed, friendly and helpful. The fittings, furniture and carpeting were all in great condition, we didn't notice one scuff or worn bit of carpet at all! Nice eating out in the courtyard in the evening were we found the food really good. Only gripe was the cost of wifi which seemed rather steep. The hotel in Melbourne we'd stayed in, it was included in the cost of the room, here it most definitely was not. However, I paid it.
It surprised us that there was no bar/food available on the Sunday. We thought this odd in a good hotel in a major city.
Handy for the cricket, and the shopping district. If we returned to Adelaide, we'd have no hesitation in staying again, although not on a Sunday.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S997

Dear S997,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be helpful.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the WI-Fi, something we are constantly in discussions regarding, with our Head Office team in Sydney. Yes, unfortunately, the Treasury Restaurant is closed on a Sunday but you can order food from a local Italian Bistro direct to your Apartment.

On behalf of all the Adina team, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope you have a very Merry Christmas and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Adelaide.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We live locally and for a treat stayed at the Adina on a special overnight package. The old Treasury building has been restored beautifully and still maintains some of its original historic features with brickwork exposed and many photos along the passages. The former Cabinet Room is still used for conferences and you can ask to see the room when not in use. There is a large lap pool and spa in the basement which we didn't use but looked most acceptable.

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment with balcony overlooking the pretty courtyard. Every facility and utensil you could possibly require is provided. The full kitchen has large oven and cooktop, microwave, large fridge - you could easily stay for a month very comfortably and provide for yourself if you wish, especially as the Central Market is quite close by, an easy walk.

Transport is also just outside the door.

The entire apartment was very roomy with two televisions, dining table and lounge as well as other chairs. Another benefit we appreciated was that we could open the window for fresh air and not rely on airconditioning. The bed was exceptionally comfortable with good quality linen and feather pillows.

Even though the hotel is opposite the Town Hall where the clock strikes regularly we didn't hear it through the night unless we stepped onto the balcony. Generally it was very quiet considering the hotel is located in the heart of the city.

Breakfast in the courtyard beside the fountain and amongst the pretty blue agapanthas was a delight and the hot breakfast was delicious and cooked to perfection. In every case, the staff were not only efficient but friendly and obliging.

We've stayed in all sorts of places all around the world and yet how nice it was to discover this gem in our own backyard! Anyone visiting Adelaide is recommended to stay at Adina.

Room Tip: I think any room would be good but first floor was good. A room overlooking the courtyard is good, t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HelenG724
Ben S, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear HelenG724,

Thank you so much for your very kind words regarding your recent stay.

I am so pleased that you came to stay with us, there is nothing better than having a mini-getaway in the city that you live in. I am so pleased you chose Adina.

Thrilled to hear that you saw the Cabinet Room. Did you know the decision to give women the right to vote in South Australia was made in that room in 1895? First state in Australia to pass the vote.

The Adina team and I all wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next feel like a mini-getaway in your back yard.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in a fair few hotels and apartments but in this price range, the Adina hits the mark on every point. You could argue that internet could be free, but I don't use the wifi internet anyway.

Parking is no big deal and is typical of city hotels.

The rooms are nice, comfortable and very well maintained. Feels like home, not like a hotel.

I've stayed at the Adina in a few cities, and I've been convinced enough to be a return customer - and I am picky.

Great location with everything within a short walking distance.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mellies_world01

Dear mellies_world01,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay. I am so pleased that your dounf your apartment to be comfortable and well maintained. Our Executive Housekeeper and her team take great pride in their work.

The Adina team and I hope you have a wonderful Festive period and we look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Adelaide soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The Adina Hotel has it all. The service is impeccable, the rooms are large and well-appointed, and the amenities phenomenal.This is a beautiful hotel! There's a lap pool, gym, and excellent restaurant all on the premises. This historic property has been completely renovated to meet the needs of the modern traveler. The suites include a full kitchen, washer/dryer, and two TVs. All the rooms have plenty of natural light. The hotel cafe is in a beautiful and quiet courtyard that's a pleasant escape from the urban environment. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Fernando D,

I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is my personal goal to always exceed our guests expectations and I am hoping I have succeeded in your case.

I hope you have a wonderful Festive Period and a very Happy New Year and the Adina team and I really look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you to Adelaide.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I do not know how this hotel got the rating it has on Trip advisor. I was booked in for 6 nights and after 2 checked out and moved to Glenelg. Parking is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel maybe 3 minutes if you walk like marathon walker. . The internet is terrible but it has nothing to do with hotel so i was told to turn my machine of for 10 minutes and everything would work no surprise find it was just the same. Breakfast was not edible but again no issue of the hotel as it has nothing to do with them !!. I had a fat arrive calling it English breakfast when i all the food apart from one slice of toast and the egg yolk no body said was it all oK they just charged me for 3 coffees and only had one . Lastly i arrived back at the hotel after a lovely day in the Adelaide hills to have a relaxing drink in the courtyard but could not get out the door!! They forgot to tell us the bar and restaurant is not open on a sunday !!

I have stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world and have never been treated so badly

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank bigman58090

Dear bigman58090,

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay.

As I mentioned in my e-mail to you, I would very much like to have the opportunity to discuss your experience further as it is my personal goal to always exceed our guests expectations at Adina and I have clearly failed in this case.

I have taken your comments on board and have implemented strategies to ensure we learn from this.

Kind Regards