“Great Surprise”

Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Loved it! The garden around the Bar and Restaurant was a great way to chill onto the end of the day. Staff were excellent and the food was great. The only down side was the couch in our room, seriously not comfy.
Would definitely recommend though.

Room Tip: One Bedroom Apartment, would be my choice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen G
Ben S, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Karen G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time here.

I am also very pleased to inform you that we are in the process of getting new couches which will hopefully be arriving very soon.

There are newer reviews for Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Some reviews warned about the rooms overlooking the courtyard being noise affected by the bar and functions held there. Consequently I asked for a "quiet" room. I was give #25 which was on the first floor, overlooked the courtyard and was diagonally across from the old Cabinet Room which was set up for a dinner function that night. The volume of the amplified live music from the courtyard started late afternoon and went until 9pm and drowned out the TV, noise in the corridor from the Cabinet Room went on until midnight. At checkout the next morning, I was told there are noisier rooms so the inference was I was luckier than others. I would not stay there again. Staff were pleasant enough, room was OK but showing some wear, no free WiFi which is almost unheard of anywhere these days - proximity to the airport, CBD and restaurant area are very good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MargotAustralia

Dear MargotAustralia,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am really disappointed to hear that you did not have a good experience with us and would love to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you and be able to turn this around for you. Please contact me directly on: 08 8112 0000 or bsaxton@adinahotels.com.au

It is my personal goal to exceed all our guests expectations and I have clearly failed in this instance, for that i can only sincerely apologise and hope that you will contact me.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We tried the Adina for something different to the usual chain hotels we stay at in Adelaide. I really liked it. The room was spacious, hotel was nicely decorated with good blend of modern/ historic touches. Pool area in the basement was nice & the tunnels were really interesting. The courtyard area is a lovely garden setting. We had a great breakfast sitting there in the sun. Overall, nothing to complain about & really enjoyed the change up.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aussie-Traveller598

Dear Aussie-Traveller598,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and embraced the history of our beautiful Treasury building. Did you manage to pay a visit to our Old State Cabinet Room? Did you know the decision to give women the right to vote in South Australia was made in that very room in 1895?

The Adina team and I thank you once again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Treasury very soon we hope.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed at Adina for 3 days during the recent heat wave. My partner chose the place as an alternative to one of the big hotels - due to kitchen and laundry facilities in the room. Central location, great room and the staff - Wilbert was fantastic. We initially had a room next to the bar area and I asked for a move fearing late night drinkers (also having an infant with us) and was accommodated the following day. When we return to Adelaide we will no doubt be looking to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are after a quiet stay ask for a room away from the bar
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jared F

Dear Jared F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us some with wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and Wilbert was really honoured to receive a personal mention. We pride ourselves on our Guest Service and pleased to see that we have succeeded in your case. We really hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Adina Adelaide very soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

My second stay in this hotel over three years and I booked it because I had enjoyed my last visit. Great room, good breakfast, we had the pool to ourselves and overall welcoming service. In fact, everything was going well until my return home and I saw an extremely small charge had been made by the hotel to my credit card statement. So small in fact that I was staggered to see it. A charge of $1.20. I callled the hotel thinking my 13-year old son had bent a page of the hotel guide, that I had scuffed the wall with my bag or that the two of us had used both tiny bottles of shampoo. What could have gone wrong that $1.20 had to be charged by a hotel? That someone actually took the time to make such a tiny charge. Was it a mistake? Meant to be $12 perhaps? But $1.20? This is a joke right?
When I telephoned the hotel I was told that this was the cost to have a newspaper (a copy of The Advertiser actually) placed outside my door!
Apparently this was a charge I had agreed upon when I ticked the box for a free newspaper to be delivered to my room. The staff member told me that the wording on the booking form said that delivery "may" incur a delivery fee.
I was also told by the staff member on the phone that the very same newspaper was, of course, available at the desk also free - without a delivery charge. I still find it amazing that the charge was made. I also find it embarrasing to be actually raising it. But of course it is not the $1.20, rather it is the fact that this charge was not explained to me nor was it indicated on the booking form. Will I stay at the Addina Treasury again? Probably. Has it left me with a bad feeling? Yes.
Will I remember this charge? Yes. Will I be wary of booking forms at the Adina in the future? Absolutely.
All for the sake of $1.20.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Robert R

Dear Robert R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I am very sorry that you left with a bad taste in your mouth, that is obviously not our intention. I have followed up with the team and will ensure this is better communicated in the future and that we do not experience a re-occurance of this nature.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed for four nights at the very centrally located Adina in a premium one bedroom apartment and I can't rate it high enough. From the moment I arrived I could tell I'd made the right choice.
The apartment was lovely with lots of gorgeous features including sash windows that open, high ceilings and an elegant bathroom.

The pool and hot tub were also wonderful as was the courtyard with fountain to retreat to.

I can't wait to return when I next stay in Adelaide.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicola A

Dear Nicola A,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you feel you made the right choice by coming to stay with us. We definately think you made the right choice too. The entire Adina team and I cannot wait for your to return to Adelaide and welcome you back to your "Home away from Home".

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Beautifully set up room with all services. Hotel layout is excellent and the ambience in the historic building. We will stay there again. The only adverse comment we have was that on entering the room there were bread crumbs on the kitchen bar that we saw as soon as we got in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HughCraig

Dear HughCraig,

Thank you very much for your recent review. The team and I are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sincere apologies regarding the bread crumbs, we take cleanliness extremely serious here so dissapointed to hear about this but hope it will not put you off coming to stay with us again in the near future.