“Loved our one night stay: location, views, comfort!”

Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Ballarat, Australia
“Loved our one night stay: location, views, comfort!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Brilliant location, close to everything. Superb views from the balcony facing the green square and the hills beyond. I've stayed in many city based hotels in Adelaide before, and this is, without question, the most uplifting experience I've had in terms of Adelaide CBD accommodation, ever. The fact that airline hosties and pilots seem to stay here too says something!
Tasteful, modern furnishings. Really with the times. Loved every moment here.
Great espresso bar and freshly baked muffins to go available from the street facing part in the a.m. if you have to move out fast. Very happy with out stay here. Will stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear MissDebonair,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are very happy we were able to assist in providing you with a memorable stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Mantra Hindmarsh Square

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
melbourne
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed one night at Mantra Hindmarsh square as we had a party in Adelaide CBD. Great location for Rundle mall and shopping in Adelaide. We booked on the hotel website which had a sale at the time and received an upgraded room with 2 bedrooms kitchen and lounge which had balcony views of Hindmarch square and Adelaide hills.
The room was spacious with modern décor. When we arrived in our room the TV wasn't working and reception came up very quickly to fix the problem. As the TV couldn't be fixed we were swiftly moved to an equivalent room immediately. Our flight didn't depart until later the next day the Mantra stored our luggage securely and without charge.
Had a good stay and I would recommend and stay their again.

Room Tip: Check the hotel website for deals
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Iryland,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Wonderful location, and great value for money hotel!
2 minute walk to all areas of the city for eating, shopping and partying, surrounded by nice parks and restaurants.
Lovely spacious modern suits with balcony and kitchen facilites - would highly reccomend to stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lauren M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed in a park view apartment. It was wonderful having breakfast on the balcony overlooking hindmarsh square. The room was large and modern with a great little kitchen. Staff were helpful and attentive. The hotel is in a great location just a short walk to rundle mall.

Room Tip: I would recommend a parkview room. Not all rooms have balconys but the park view is definitely worth...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrew M
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Andrew M,

Melbourne
Reviewed 11 March 2014

A last minute work trip to Adelaide on the same day of the AFL's launch meant I couldn't book into our normal Adelaide hotel, BUT I have to say I was really pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It's in great central location, which is quiet at night. (However it is Adelaide!!!!) Nice outlook of Hindmarsh Square too.
I only ate breakfast in the restaurant, and while it wasn't the best hotel breakfast I have ever had, it was adequate.
The room was clean and comfortable, and again it was adequate. All in all this hotel is comfortable and in a good location, so worth considering on your next trip to Adelaide.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Aussie-Travels2010,

Guvna77
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for work purposes a number of times over the years which hasn't been my choice, but as a work trip you take the rough with the smooth. It was my 4th time here and year in year out the management have out done themselves in trying to be the one that doesn't care the most. In pervious years I have had a room infested with Mosquitos and been refused a room change... only to be given a quarter full can of bug spray at 3am even though the blood spattered walls of my bedroom was clearly evidence of a war between man and mozzie... and when asked how I should use said spray when my room has no... I repeat... NO.. windows.. let alone opening ones... was told that I could open the balcony door..... only to let more mozzies in... So that year it was death by mozzie or death by chemical poisoning... take your pick... but under no circumstances was I going to be moved...
This year... I am sharing an apartment on the first floor with a colleague. Two queen bedroom apartment was the booking. I'm not sure where the management felt a single bed constituted a queen double but a hobbit would have fallen out if he had rolled over... and to boot it was as firm as unset jelly. I call reception straight away... "Ok sir I will check your booking and get back to you asap"... "Ok" i said... 20-25 minutes later I called again... "how are you going with moving our room?" Sorry sir we have no more rooms or double beds available so that is what you have got.." "But our booking was for two queens" "Thats all we have got..." "OK I will deal with it for now but I will get my booking people to deal with it tomorrow..."
So later that night I try and tuck myself into my single unset jelly bed.. only to wake up at 2am due to the lack of air in the room... Did I mention there are NO windows in the bedroom... ??
So I spent the remainder of the night watching the clock tip every hour until I had to go to work...
This went on for 4 days.... to which point I told my booking people that if they don't sort it I will not be able to work the next day as 2 hours sleep a night just don't cut it... They apparently sent an aircon engineer to have a look access the vent in my room... Great I thought maybe I will get some sleep... alas no... no change... so at this point I decided to make take a blanket and pillows to the living room and sleep out there where I can wedge the balcony door ajar....
Hurrah!!! Sleep at last!!! 5 days in to a 13.5h average day work trip... I speak to reception in the morning... Still no chance of changing that bed as I am now sleeping on my floor.... ? No sir... no beds... "but I am sleeping on the floor" "Sorry sir no beds"
So I get home from work to find the cleaning staff have removed my makeshift bed back to my room... I go about moving it back and again get a reasonable sleep... again in the morning at reception.. "no sir"
I get back on my final night in this hell hole and the cleaning staff actually made my bed up on the floor as they had found it the last couple of times... which I must say made me laugh.

As a whole the place is well appointed clean and nice... the bed was terrible and the fact that there is no air circulation at all causes so many problems... ALL and I mean ALL of my work colleagues found their rooms stuff and oppressive...

The biggest problem is the totally uncooperative management staff... If you don't have a problem then I'm sure your stay would be ok... but if you like air in your room, a comfortable bed or actually get what you're meant to be paying for then think again and again and again... Unless you like sleeping on the floor of course...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Guvna77
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guvna77,

It disappoints me to learn that you encountered a number of issues during your stay. To assist me further in investigating these matters, I invite you to contact me directly to discuss in more detail and then I can address these issues accordingly. I look forward to hearing from you. Phone 08 8412 3386 or email tim.rees-jones@mantragroup.com.au.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here for a weekend trip to Adelaide.Wanted something central and the hotel was perfect placed within walking distance to all parts of the CBD. Had some problems on check in as we had requested for a room with specific bedding configuration but were checked in to a different room.The girl at reception was quite abrupt to say that none was available and requests aren't always guaranteed.However the second night a real gentleman at the reception moved us to our requested room. His name was Jarrod and I must commend him for his professionalism and manners.Above all everything else was great and enjoyed the place.

Room Tip: city view rooms with balcony are perfect
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KrazzyHarry
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear KrazzyHarry,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will ensure your thanks are passed on to Jarrod. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.