“Not the best” 2 of 5 bubbles

Adelaide Travellers Inn
Quebec City, Canada
“Not the best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

First, I need to say that I've done a lot of hostel in the last few months and this one was one of the ''worst'' one compare to the others, but that doesn't mean it's not good. Only that it's not as good as the others and I would not really recommended this hostel to my friend and familly.
It was booked by a travel agent as I booked some tours.
I've been there twice and my 2 expériences were totally different. My first night was great, had a great experience, only for 1 night but the room was really nice with air cond, private toilet and no noise. But the 2nd time I've been there 2 weeks later and this time for 4 nights, it was crap. The room was just next to the balcony, there was a lot of noise every night and it was really warm in the room with a small fan. The kitchen was discusting tough, I never cooked there and there were not enough coutellery for everyone only a few maybe for 7 people.
you can have access to the Wifi with globalgossip that costs you 5$/day.
That's my experience and opinion, you can make your own if you wish !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We arrived at 9 pm due to a late flight. The night entrance was hard to find but our key was left behind for us. We booked a double ensuite but got a double without bathroom. First of all, the room was dirty, it was loud and uncomfortable. The common bathrooms were very dirty, there was piss all over the toilet and mold at the ceiling. After the first night, the manager moved as to a room ensuite. The kitchen was as dirty as the bathroom. The Hutt street is not really downtown, so you have to walk at least 30 min to get there.
In fact the hostel wasn't that cheap, actually it was one of the most expensive ones during our journey.
Don't stay at this place!! If you start your journey in Adelaide, take a rental car and get out of the city, motels are cheaper and far better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fabian-20131

Travellers are raving about these Adelaide hotels

Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed some nights - payed extra for the internet but it still wasnt enough to do a serious phone call... (Applying call - very embarassing to lose contact while applying..). The room wasn't clean nor was the kitchen. The staff was quitw friendly, but we had a balcony room ans peoply even
Talking were too loud that we could sleep in the night..

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hfraenzi
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Ok, I have to say some things, first I am an easy going guy and I don't like to try run people or businesses down, even in the accommodation industry because I am kind-hearted, second I understand people need to make a living so I will try and focus on the positives, as if i get too negative it may have a bad impact overall. I was travelling with three German friends, one of them made the booking for two main reasons of affordability and having 4 beds in one room, which we did have. It contained an ensuite shower, toilet and sink. Also a nearby unisex shower and toilet. They have a darts area too. I don't really have anything else to add, but you can see the photos attached.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We slept just 30 min, because of the noise. Kitchen was a piggery. Dirty socks and others rubbishes spread in the living room and everywhere. Never accept a room near men's bathroom/toilets, because of the door which clap all night long => the drunk men are pissing and vomiting. People are shouting and loudly laughing all night long and go sleeping at 7am, while the wall are very thin. But the location is nice to discover the center by walking.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Without a doubt the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Filthy, dirty and falling apart. Not close to the main centre in comparison with other backpackers. Was 'recommended' by Peter Pans, which I am furious about. During my stay there were lots of older people there who looked like they might be homeless. Men using the bathrooms with the doors open. Everything caked in dirt and dust. Didn't use the kitchen facilities as I didn't want to catch anything. Don't stay here! Do yourself a favour and stay at Shakespeare's or YHA instead. Checked out a day early, staff didn't even question it as I imagine it's a regular occurrence! Don't stay here, you'd have more fun sleeping on a street corner.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Louise H
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

First of all, this hostel is best suited to BACKPACKERS. The balcony can get a bit noisy some nights and the facilities such as the kitchen and bathrooms can get a little untity sometimes. This is all due to the majority of people staying here beeing BACKPACKERS. You get what you pay for as it's cheap, so dont expect a five star hotel. However this being said -I am a backpacker myself- I have met lots of people who weren't backpackers who have stayed here and thouroghly enjoyed themselves. The whole hostel has a great atmosphere where everybody knows everybody, and has a fantastic family feeling. The balcony is always a great party on friday and saturday nights. The owner and receptionists are fantastic and very helpful. The facilities could be better and it can occassionally become a bit noisy and there are the occassional person/s who can put a downer on the atmosphere, but again I would mainly recommend this hostel for backpackers or people who dont mind it a little rough around the edges, don't comlain when it's not a five star hotel. All around I absolutely LOVE this hostel, I've had the best time of my travels so far here and have met lifelong friends and would HIGHLY recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends