“horror hostel”

Adelaide Travellers Inn
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“horror hostel”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we couldn't believe that this was actually a hostel! It looked old, muddy and like a huge rubbish bin. The man who welcomed us didnt really care about what we thought. Obviously... otherwise he wouldn't live there. Honestly asking money from backpackers for this, is just terrible. The rooms were very small and dirty.. everywhere. the 'bathroom' if you can call it like this was the worst i've ever seen. and there is just one small table to hang out but honestly you dont want to hang out there.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank lizluxembourg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The hostel is cleaned every day, it is just in need of a bit of love as it's quite an old building. However there are plans for refurbishment over the next few months which will make a massive difference. That being said if you actually look closely everything is clean and smells clean! The balcony is awesome for chilling in the evening. The kitchen is small but well equipped and in the current low season there's plenty of room for a few people to cook at once. There are free bikes to hire which are very handy as you can cycle to rundle mall in 10 mins. The main reason we came here was because we needed somewhere with a car park, the reason we stayed (after selling the car) was because the staff were ACE! :) especially Heidi!

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Definitely one of the better hostels in Adelaide. Stayed In a few hostels and this was by far the most welcoming and friendly. Staff are amazing to start with and couldn't have been more helpful both times I stayed. They helped me book some tours and gave me lots of information about Adelaide and things to do. I stayed here last year and didn't hesitate to come back again this year. I don't know why so many people have written bad reviews about the place, they must be expecting a hotel! It's a backpackers! It can get a little messy but it's never dirty and most people tidy up after themselves. I watched the cleaners working very hard every day keeping it clean and the kitchen was an average backpackers kitchen, but definitely not dirty and not one ant! If you want to meet lifelong friends and experience real Australian friendliness, definitely stay here :)

Room Tip: Balcony rooms can be a bit noisier at the weekend but there is a cut off point which most people res...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

First, I need to say that I've done a lot of hostel in the last few months and this one was one of the ''worst'' one compare to the others, but that doesn't mean it's not good. Only that it's not as good as the others and I would not really recommended this hostel to my friend and familly.
It was booked by a travel agent as I booked some tours.
I've been there twice and my 2 expériences were totally different. My first night was great, had a great experience, only for 1 night but the room was really nice with air cond, private toilet and no noise. But the 2nd time I've been there 2 weeks later and this time for 4 nights, it was crap. The room was just next to the balcony, there was a lot of noise every night and it was really warm in the room with a small fan. The kitchen was discusting tough, I never cooked there and there were not enough coutellery for everyone only a few maybe for 7 people.
you can have access to the Wifi with globalgossip that costs you 5$/day.
That's my experience and opinion, you can make your own if you wish !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Adelaide hotels

Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We arrived at 9 pm due to a late flight. The night entrance was hard to find but our key was left behind for us. We booked a double ensuite but got a double without bathroom. First of all, the room was dirty, it was loud and uncomfortable. The common bathrooms were very dirty, there was piss all over the toilet and mold at the ceiling. After the first night, the manager moved as to a room ensuite. The kitchen was as dirty as the bathroom. The Hutt street is not really downtown, so you have to walk at least 30 min to get there.
In fact the hostel wasn't that cheap, actually it was one of the most expensive ones during our journey.
Don't stay at this place!! If you start your journey in Adelaide, take a rental car and get out of the city, motels are cheaper and far better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fabian-20131
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed some nights - payed extra for the internet but it still wasnt enough to do a serious phone call... (Applying call - very embarassing to lose contact while applying..). The room wasn't clean nor was the kitchen. The staff was quitw friendly, but we had a balcony room ans peoply even
Talking were too loud that we could sleep in the night..

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hfraenzi
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Ok, I have to say some things, first I am an easy going guy and I don't like to try run people or businesses down, even in the accommodation industry because I am kind-hearted, second I understand people need to make a living so I will try and focus on the positives, as if i get too negative it may have a bad impact overall. I was travelling with three German friends, one of them made the booking for two main reasons of affordability and having 4 beds in one room, which we did have. It contained an ensuite shower, toilet and sink. Also a nearby unisex shower and toilet. They have a darts area too. I don't really have anything else to add, but you can see the photos attached.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends