“Just average”

Ranked #36 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Worcester
“Just average”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Hotel is near the city centre which is convenient but can also get quite noisy. I was only there for 1 night which is ok for me but wouldn't have liked to stay there any longer. The room was clean and the staff friendly, I arrived late so had to check in from the sister hotel across the road.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
MillersAndParinga, Manager at Adelaide Paringa, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Julie W,

Thank you for your review of the Adelaide Paringa, and your feedback on the accommodation and staff. Our property is an excellent choice for overnight stays due to our favourable location, and we do hope you will return to stay again on your next visit to Adelaide.

Stuart - Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Wotton-under-Edge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The rooms are well appointed and the hotel staff are very helpful. However, the motel is on a very noisy street which is full of late night drinking establishments and other "adult" entertainment places so it gets very noisy late at night and the windows provide no protection.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Dbavister
Dear Dbavister,

Thank you for your recent review on The Adelaide Paringa, and your positive feedback on our team here. Our location here in the CBD of Adelaide is in a vibrant, energetic part of town (after hours), and I am sorry that the room in which you stayed did not provide ample soundproofing. We do have double glazing on some of our accommodations here at the Paringa, and I apologise for the disruption to your sleep.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The location is great and service from staff always is always prompt and cheerful. However, I find the rooms a bit drab and airless and the one I was in last night had broken tiles in the bathroom and having the TV above the wardrobe to the side of the bed, instead of in front of the bed, is not ideal. And though I was bumped up from a standard room to a spa room, I had no use for the spa. I would have preferred a little off my bill instead. And while I'm at it, in this day and age, offering free Wi-Fi to all rooms shouldn't be beyond any hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MillersParinga, General Manager at Adelaide Paringa, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Simon D

Thank you for your review, and I am glad that overall you appeared to enjoy your stay, in particular the service provided by our team. I would like to politely comment on your assumption that it "shouldn't be beyond any hotel" to offer free WiFi in this "day and age". This is something that we are seriously considering, however what is sometimes misunderstood is the cost for a hotel to roll this service out. This will cost us well over $30K to install plus over $1K per month to maintain. We are conscious of keeping our room rates competitive, and around the $80 to $100 mark. As much as we agree this would be an excellent service to offer, we feel at the moment this money is best spent in investing in refreshing areas of the hotel, and ensuring that the service we offer is at a consistently high standard. That said, we do offer free internet (broadband) in many of our room types.

Thank you again however for your comments, and we hope to see you again soon.

Regards

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great location although a little noisy due to the location near a busy backpackers and night club. Our room wasn't cleaned on day 2 (of 3) but that was only downside really. The staff were friendly and helpful and for an easy place to stay it was perfect.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MillersAndParinga, Manager at Adelaide Paringa, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Kerryb81,

Thank you for your recent review, I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay. I did note your comment that your room wasn't serviced on the second day of your visit. At the Adelaide Paringa there is no housekeeping service on Sundays, which is mentioned in the welcome letter, however if this was not a Sunday, I do apologise for the error.

I am also pleased that you found our team friendly and helpful, and we all do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is great value for money. I stayed in a deluxe spa room. Sure the decor is out of the 1970's but who cares. The room was very large and we made use of the spa bath every night. The staff were also excellent and having the room serviced everyday was a bonus. The motel is also centrally located and the cafe down stairs very good. Hindley street is perhaps not the best place to be late at night but we didnt have any problems when we were out.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Downunderman69,

Thank you for your recent review of the Adelaide Paringa, I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and found our staff and service excellent.

We look forward to your return on your next trip to Adelaide, or even perhaps check out our sister property, the Miller Apartments.

ARMONK, NEW YORK
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This place is a dump. When my wifeand I checked weweregiven aroom that was so small I doubt two ants could pass eachother without touching. In addition the furniture was old and dirty.
Wjhen I went down and told the clerk on duty thatthe room was completely unsatisfactory I and I wanted another room. The coutomer rep was called and we were " upgraded" to the deluxroom. This delux room had cracked and broken tiles, and the floor in the bath tub/shower was chipped. In addition the towels werevery thin and torn.
As for the location it is near the Rundul Mall and is also near the most active street on the week ends. There noise from the bars and clubs is loud and goes on well into the night.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank STEVE B
MillersParinga, General Manager at Adelaide Paringa, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your views and I apologise for what appears to have been a disappointing stay with us.

Apologies for the towels issue which we have already rectified, and I can assure you we have performed an audit of towels in all rooms and this will never happen again. This is clearly one area we can control and we have let ourselves down in this instance.

As for your other comments regarding aspects of the room being dirty I cannot immediately accept them without understanding more, as we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel. Although we are not the newest hotel in town we pride ourselves on being clean and tidy, and I would like to know what exactly was dirty in the room.

Regarding noise, this unfortunately is a result of being the most centrally located hotel in the city, and from time to time on a Saturday evening noise can heard, but we have now soundproofed most of the hotel, eliminating much of this noise.

But again, I sincerely apologise for you not leaving with the impression of our hotel that we would like, but would certainly appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to restore your faith in what we believe is a excellent value budget option in central CBD Adelaide.

Thanks

John

Travellers are raving about these Adelaide hotels

NZ
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed here one night while in the city for a concert. Great location - central, close to tram etc. The room was small but had everything we needed for a short stay, including good air con (It was 42 degrees that day!). We asked for a quiet room when we booked and got a room on the 3rd floor at the back, which was very quiet. Very helpful staff who promised to get our room ready early (we arrived about 11am and the check in time is 2pm) and offered to text us when the room was ready.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - can't remember the number but ours was about the last room on the 3rd flo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank candi2008
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for your kind review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay (and hopefully the concert you went to!).

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Regards