“Great Atmosphere - will stay again!”

Adelaide Central YHA
Queanbeyan, Australia
“Great Atmosphere - will stay again!”
Reviewed 18 August 2008

We stayed here for 3 nights, and it was so great! The atmosphere was fun and bubbly and it was so close to everything that we walked everywhere.

We stayed in a private twin room, but only because we were doing a fair bit of shopping and we wanted to make sure that only we had access to our room.

I would happily stay here again!

• Liked — The atmosphere
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2008

My husband and I stayed in a double room with a private bathroom for 4 nights in July 2008. Of all the hostels we stayed in on our trip, this ranked at the top of our list! I have no idea what could have resulted in the most recent member's review of this hostel because my experience was the complete opposite! I have stayed in many hostels all in Europe, North America, and Australia, and this YHA was fantastic.

We loved Adelaide in general, but the hostel specifically was in the perfect location (not noisy at all) and was very clean (and I’m usually quite picky about this). The front desk staff were not always the friendliest, but they were always able to at least answer my questions about how to get places! I’m not sure how the overall “atmosphere” would be for people traveling alone and wanting to meet others, but for a couple, this place was top notch.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2008

This place is absolutely shocking !!
The carpets are stained and reek of odour.
The walls in private rooms dont reach the ceilings
so you can hear everybody else's noise, even
when they rustle paper ! IT's just a waste of
money when you pay 85 dollars and have
to listen to couples getting it on, combined
with children screaming down the corridoors.
Rather than Management looking after the situation,
the task was left up to the PAYING CUSTOMERS
of YHA who had to tell the kids to keep the noise
down. This was at 1.00 am in the morning and
again at 8.30 am. Outrageous. Not even the cleaner
cared enough to manage this situation.
Thats the reason I got a private room, to avoid
those noises. On the second night I was woken
up at 4.00 am by techno music blasting outside
in the laneway. IT was sustained noise and
having returned at 11.30 pm the night before
I was after all the sleep I could get. Thanks
Adelaide YHA for ruining that precious sleep !

As far as the service goes, I would say that the
counter staff are very friendly and helpful.
Apart from that, don't waste your money and get
a motel room instead. This place SUCKS !!!

• Stayed March 2008
1 Thank Tony_au77
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2008

We only stayed here for a couple of nights and found it to be one of the top Yha's that we stayed in. Our room was a fairly good size and the only downfall was that it was a bit sparse on furniture. The kitchen was ok with a large sitting area, internet, pool table and tv room surrounding it. The staff we're friendly and very helpful. Overall we found this is a brilliant hostel in a very good location in the central town and in walking distance to everything we needed.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed January 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joanna82
adelaide
Reviewed 24 October 2007

As part of my tourism class I stayed at the YHA in Adelaide Central in September 2007. I had only stayed in a hostel once before which was of excelent standard (YHA Sydney Central), and I was eager to see if the YHA in Adelaide would live up to my high expectations. I'm pleased to say that it did!

The staff at the YHA were friendly, enthusiastic and very laid back. There are a number of specials and deals happening in the hostel everyday so there was always something to do. I was very impressed with the standard of the rooms and facilites, especially the "common area" which consisted of an iTunes to large to imagine, internet access, ping pong, a pool table, video games and a dart board.

The YHA Adelaide Central is an ideal place to stay and relax or socialise while in Adleaide!!

• Liked — Great location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank alpal44
Adelaide, South Australia
Reviewed 23 October 2007

A field trip to stay at a youth hostel 15mins from my house seemed slightly obscure and tedious yet it proved to be a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The Adelaide Central YHA hostel is equipped with everything needed to have a safe and comfortable stay. As this was the first time I had ever stayed at a hostel I was completely overwhelmed by its modern facilities and relaxing atmosphere. The rooms were large and incredibly comfortable whilst lockers allowed for the secure storage of valuables. The best thing about staying at the Adelaide Central YHA was the shared lounge and dining area, which offered games, contemporary seating and the chance to socialise with fellow hostel goers. Both tourists and staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming and, after all the experience is all about the people you meet along the way. When I broke the swipe card that allows entry into rooms and the Hostel itself, the staffs were more than happy to replace it without any fuss or distasteful glares. Possibly one of the greatest asset Adelaide YHA has to offer is its location. It is a two-minute walk to all the best restaurants, clubs and bars on Waymouth Street and Hindley Street, and just a little bit further to Rundle Mall and Rundle Street. Most importantly though, I felt safe throughout my whole experience which made my stay a fantastic one!

• Liked — atmosphere
  • Disliked — having to walk outside room to go the the bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2007
1 Thank father-nose-best
Adelaide
Reviewed 22 October 2007

In mid September this year I went to the Adelaide central YHA with my year 12 tourism class. I pictured the hostel as some grimy, old place, but on arrival I discovered that it was modern, clean and way better than expected. The room that I stayed in had 3 sets of bunks and was plenty of space for the 5 of us who were staying in the room. The room also had very large storage lockers, which you could acquire a lock from the front desk if wanted. The facilities were of top standard, there were arcade games, a table tennis table, a pool table, computers, lounge area, television areas, quiet study room, a variety of vending machines, an open and spacious kitchen for all to use and laundry facilities. I immensely enjoyed my stay at he Adelaide Central YHA and I would defiantly go back again.
4 stars out of 5.