We booked the Oaks Horizons after I had previously stayed at the Oaks Plaza Pier and loved it. Due to booking in peak season the Plaza Pier was full, so we figured we would give a different Oaks a try.
At Horizons check in was smooth and easy, I was just a little bit disappointed though when I found out that their car park was full, meaning I had to take my car to a public U-Park.
First thing we tried to do was appreciate our balcony, which left us struggling with the sliding door and flicking through the hotel guide book for a good 20 minutes trying to figure out how to open the door, no such luck. When we called the front desk they told us quite bluntly that we hadn’t signed the form so until then the balcony would remained locked. A form which wasn’t given to us at check in nor was it mentioned anywhere in the hotel's book.
The one thing I do love about oaks properties is that they all seem to have steam rooms, and from past experiences quite nice pools. This is absolutely perfect for the middle of summer when we were visiting. Unfortunately when we arrived and made our way down to the pool we quickly learnt that the steam room, sauna and spa were all out of order for 'routine maintenance' which we weren’t advised of during booking or check in. At least the pool (slightly murky) was still open though, however by the following day that too had been closed. They all remained closed for the 3 days we were there
The Kitchen and bathroom were nice enough with plenty of space, however our room was not equipped with plugs for the sink or the spa bath and it took a good 40 minutes for them to arrive.
Thankfully the location is great, the bed was comfy, the room was spacious, the TV had plenty of channels and the kitchen was easy to cook in.
While there was nothing drastically wrong with this hotel it just didn’t live up to the expectations that the Oaks plaza pier had set, both with its service and facilities. For the same price there are better hotels in Adelaide all within walking distance that will give you better service and better facilities. Overall the stay was a bit of a disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or pleasure, a trip to Adelaide is enhanced when you stay at Oaks Horizons. The hotel features spacious, modern apartments, and is conveniently located on North Terrace, opposite the Convention Centre and Skycity Casino. 1 and 2 bedroom apartments offer Adelaide accommodation which includes full kitchen and laundry facilities, and guests have access to a host of leisure amenities, as well as broadband Internet access and room service. Other facilities include an indoor heated lap pool, sauna, plunge pool, gym, steam room and a licensed cafe. Business and secretarial services are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oaks Horizons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Horizons Apartment Adelaide
- Hotel Oaks Horizons Apartment