“Great Value for money”

Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
London
“Great Value for money”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The good
The location is excellent just a few blocks away from everything.
The housekeeping is excellent - super clean and I'm very fussy.
The rooms are great, modern and spacious
We brought a bottle of wine back from the Barossa Valley and the food and beverage manager decanted it for us - so nice of him.
Free internet in the lobby
They have a great laundry service

It could be improved by
Providing wifi
No overselling the roof gardens - they are nice but not majestic!
The reception staff could be a bit friendlier and a bit more helpful.

The bad
There is little if any help on the consierge side of things.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook a carpark so you might not like that. You can't really get high enough to g...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear LBriggs,

Thank you for your well considered and balanced comments from your recent stay with us. I am truly glad you found so many positive aspects to our hotel and particularly that our housekeeping and Food & Beverage Manager were key to this.

Regarding internet and wi-fi, I can confirm we have recently reviewed this service and will be installing a wireless network in the coming months with all equipment now onsite.

Your comments regarding our Reception and Concierge staff have been addressed in an effort to improve this area. Both areas have recently undergone extensive customer service training as part of our focus on continuous improvement and I am confident our teams will exceed your expectations if you choose to stay with us again which I sincerely hope you do.

Once again thank you for your comments – they are valuable in ensuring we can continue to meet and exceed expectations.

Michael Collis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Turkish first
Sydney - Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed here 4 nights as a corporate visitor. I had a room on the 3rd floor which was nice (no view) and spacious and well fitted out. Excellent location around the corner from the East End. Excellent choice and good value.

Room Tip: Around the corner there is a cinema. The Amalfi Italian restaurant (Turn left out of the hotel, acr...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear RockinRenz,

Thank you for your kind comments about our Hotel. I am pleased to read that your stay was excellent and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Rutland
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Its clean and well located and the staff were very good, but the food / breakfast was terrible.Location to Rundle street was excellent , but don't expect a view on both sides there are multi storey car parks with the light blazing all night.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear ynotcracker,

We appreciate your recent review of our Hotel and I am disappointed to read that your experience in our Restaurant was below expectations. I am pleased to advise that we are currently reviewing our restaurant’s menu and service and I am sure you will see an improvement should you return to stay with us in the future.

However, I am happy to read that you found our Hotel to be well located and our staff to be very good, but I am further disappointed to read that our views were not to your liking – as we are a city Hotel, views can limited depending on your room but we believe the positive points are our central location as well as our staff.

Again, thank you for your comments and hope to see you soon.

Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Location: The hotel is right in the centre of Adelaide, only a few minutes' walk from attractions and the main shopping area.

Reception: I was given a wam welcome and plenty of help with my luggage by the very friendly staff.

Accommodation: I stayed here for four nights. My room was lovely - a good size, comfortable, clean and well appointed. The bathroom was also excellent.

Food and drink: The restaurant could do with being a bit bigger. Breakfast was the only meal I took here. It was a bit on the pricey side, but good. The servers were attentive.

"Pricey" is the word to attach to the dinner menu also, which explains why I didn't dine here! The choice looked good though.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. If I ever head back to Adelaide, I will certainly bear this one in mind!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Dear Commodore,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I am happy to see that you found our rooms to be clean, comfortable and of good size. I am also glad you found our bathrooms to be excellent – they are certainly a great selling point for our property.

We do take pride in our customer service and I especially am pleased to read that our staff were able to assist you during your stay.

Unfortunately, we can’t expand our restaurant (although we would like to) but I believe that we provide intimacy to your dining experience. I also thank you for your comments regarding the pricing on food menus; they will certainly be taken on board as we endeavour to address any issues raised by our customers as you will no doubt see from other postings.

I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back if you ever return to Adelaide.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I recently stayed at the Majestic during a business trip to Adelaide, and found it very nice. If you are looking for character or local charm, this is not the place. However, if you need a centrally located business hotel that is both very comfortable and has good service, this is just perfect.

Room Tip: Get a room facing onto Frome Street as these have better light. Get a room on the 6th floor if you w...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Dear b_robin5,

Thank you for your comments and hope to welcome you back next time you’re in Adelaide on business.

Ordway, Colorado
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We stayed here early December 2011....Room clean and nice (also quiet) but what made this hotel stay SO pleasant for us was the staff......Everyone we encountered went out of their way to be pleasant, kind, courteous and helpful.....Kudos to all of you for making our stay so comfortable. Also, this hotel is in a great location.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear 058Lynn,

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you found our staff to be kind, courteous and pleasant, but above all helpful. Our staff are key to our business and that you note that they went out of their way is extremely pleasing and definitely encouraged.
Thank you and look forward to your next stay with us.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Stayed for five nights for Womadelaide festival in large 2 singles room. Beautiful bathroom, room and space. Everything we needed and all in excellent working order. Staff were fantastic. Proximity to everything was brilliant and I have booked to return for next year's festival.

Room Tip: Look on many sites and ask the hotel to see the full varieties and prices of rooms.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank groldis
Dear Spaxfield,

Thank you for your very positive comments regarding our Hotel and am delighted you will be returning for Womadelaide. I agree we are spoilt with our Hotel’s location with it’s proximity to Rundle Street, Rundle Mall and being a great location for Womadelaide and other events such as Fringe and Clipsal.

I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and look forward to seeing you again in March.