“Top hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Adelaide
Switzerland
“Top hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel in Adelaide. This hotel is close to the main street Rundle Street with all the shopping and restaurants. This hotel is relatively new (2004).

The hotel staff at the reception and at breakfast were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was large and beautiful. The bathroom had a nice tub. The bed was large and comfortable. Everything was very clean. On the top of the building, there is a nice little garden with views onto the city.

The perfect hotel experience. Highly recommendable!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TightLoops

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Coming into Adelaide by car for business and a wedding and staying for four nights, we needed a place that was fairly central. We booked online after reading many reviews, mostly good. We really cannot complain too much at all. The service was friendly, courteous and efficient as you would expect from any hotel worth rating. The room was clean and very comfortable with all the usual attributes. There are a few small issues I have with bathroom fittings etc, but I find that these are attributed more to my sense of logic conflicting with the designers of 'pretty' furnishings.

All the staff, even the cleaners are friendly and courteous. We witnessed the desk staff handle a group of difficult international guests checking in and it was handled professionally and efficiently. We also opted for the more expensive valet parking of our vehicle. It was no problem at all for us to get our car whenever it was required and I would use this service again knowing that the car is close by.(and still accessible, as I always manage to remember something I have left in then car)

The only down side of the visit was out of the hotels control. If you desire anything to eat on a Sunday night in Adelaide, be prepared to travel across the town to find something other than very basic food. Most restaurants, even the kitchens of major Hotels close on Sunday nights.?

I would stay here again in preference to many of the other places I have stayed in Adelaide.

Room Tip: We have only stayed at one room in the Hotel. It was on the first floor and was very comfortable. A...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GregJohnOz
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

If the worst thing you can find to complain about is that you only got five milk sachets in the fridge then there's not much wrong with a place, is there? I stayed here (for the second time) courtesy of a job, so I didn't choose the Majestic Roof Garden, but I'm glad they booked this hotel. It's perfectly well appointed, has functional bathrooms, comfy beds and free and reasonably reliable wifi. The breakfast was pretty good, at a price. I still haven't actually seen the roof garden, though … next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Peter S,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again soon so you can spend some time relaxing in our Roof Garden.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Three of us stayed in the hotel for work and had three different rooms, each room was absolutely amazing, very comfortable, had a beautiful tub you could literally watch t.v whilst laying in it.
The location was brilliant, walking distance from the shops and restaurants couldnt fault the place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Deena P
Dear Deena P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am happy to see that your stay was comfortable and that you made use of our luxurious bath tubs to relax and watch some television. I trust your colleagues also enjoyed their experience with us.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

This was booked for me and it is a quiet hotel mainly. The food and wine are fairly limited but lots to eat nearby.

Why have a roof garden that is really a small open verandah with no bar ? It's just.. weird. It's not like anything in Charleston SC, and I was hoping it was.

Should be 'Majestic Hotel Adelaide'. Or 'Majestic Hotel with an Elevatorand a Reception Desk Adelaide'. They are just as remarkable a feature.

The Rooftop Garden is really a few planters and an open space. Sorry, just disappointed. Good location and not glitzy. That's a good thing.

Sure I would stay again but not be fooled by the name. It's in a good location, but there is nothing special about the garden or the rooftop. Except that there is no bar and the rooftop area is well... small and largely peripheral. Maybe I missed a secret door...

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear anecessaryevil,

Thank you for your feedback on our Hotel. I am happy to see that you have rated our Hotel well in the Summary area of your review including sleep quality, our rooms, location and service.I am more than happy to take your feedback regarding our Roof Garden on board including any suggestions from Charleston SC that you may wish to share with us.

You may be interested to know that we have planned renovations of this area of our Hotel in the near future that will ensure the space becomes a focal point of our venue. I hope that these renovations will meet your expectations on your next stay if you decided to return to us.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I spent 5 nights at this hotel. Clean and comfortable but the staff were detached. The restaurant was average but expensive considering there were few staff to assist. I wasn't offered a newspaper, only a small thing but an indicator to me of how much they are aware of their customers. Yes, I'd stay again but would try many of the cafes that are in this part of Adelaide rather than the restaurant's dining rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Eastern side have a better view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Leo F,

I appreciate you taking the time to review our Hotel however I am disappointed to read that our service levels were below your expectations. I would be more than happy to discuss this further with you if you have the time to contact me directly.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and hope to see you again in the future.

michael@majestichotels.com.au
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Great location, so close to the main shopping mall and street.

Room was spacious, but the aircon didn't seem to be working properly. It kept at 26deg despite adjusting it to 18deg, had to endure overnight. The internet was not VPN friendly as well, so if you have a business laptop with VPN access, you will probably be frustrated.

Breakfast was simple and sufficient.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear australia_garage,

I apologise for any inconvenience or discomfort the air conditioning system caused during your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are returning to Adelaide so that I can personally ensure that your next stay is more comfortable for you.

michael@majestichotels.com.au