“Very good allround”

Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Very new and modern hotel, rooms large and clean (great bathrooms). Good service too.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank dbloke2004
Write a ReviewReviews (2,095)

Reviewed 9 September 2009

Great location next to Rundle Street and a few minutes from Downtown and the University.

Clean, well appointed nicely designed room.

One of the better hotels we have stayed in for some time.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pippip
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Clean and modern rooms, great location, lovely btahrooms.

Restaurant was fab

Note no wireless interent at all which meant we went to nearby cafe for breakfast which did have this (note Majestic!)

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Dumbeldore
Reviewed 6 September 2009

Staff were all very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent, an easy walk to Rundle Mall, Central Markets and plenty of great cafes and restuarants close by.

We stayed in the superior spa suite which for the price I probably expected more. In saying that there was nothing wrong with it, normal inoffensive hotel decor. Lovely crisp sheets, but the beds were a little hard for my liking.

The kitchen was handy and reasonably set up. Balacony very small but nice to be able to step out into the fresh air. While many of the windows were double glazed the bedroom windows werent and nor was the door to the balcony so there was still some road noise. Based on previous reviews I had expected no noise, however it wasnt constant so liveable.

Would I stay here again, probably, did I love it, no, but was there anything wrong with it, no. It was just a normal hotel with normal rooms.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cd007
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I was travelling for business & chose this place simply because it was #1 on Tripadvisor. My stay was for the beginning of June 2009 in room 508 & I paid for $180.

Check-in was fine – as was check out, staff was polite enough.

The room was the standard layout of most of the hotels I stay in for work – although I never quite get the point of the inside-outside balcony though.

I liked the comfy bed, crisp sheets & the electric blanket.

The design of the bathroom was divine. I loved the sliding window from the bath side of the bathroom into the main room. The walk-in shower was huge & shower pressure great.

Also I liked that it had a safe.

I was surprised that it didn't have a digital TV – analogue TVs bother me because I can hear the 'beep' they make (however it's not exactly a big deal) but that the remote kept switching back to the pay option when I was on TV option which was annoying.

However remember I was there for business & the reasons I didn't like it was the computer situation. I found the lack of wi-fi annoying. The supplied broadband cable was pathetically short. & at $26 for 24hrs (or $12 for 1hr) it wasn't cheap.

The short broadband cable & because there wasn't a power-point by the bed I was forced sit at the desk. Now I'm sure that the view over the car-park for day work might not be so bad but in the evening to face the wall was depressing.

Finally because I had work to do I ordered room service. I'm afraid it was shockingly bad. The steak I had was burned on the outside, it was not the fillet I had ordered & the flavour of the mash was appalling.

None of the latter would mean much to most travellers & if I got a good deal for a holiday – I'd be happy to stay there. I just wouldn't eat there.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Ria_UK
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Stayed at the Majestic for three nights. Really nice hotel, great central location, but still quite. Previous reviews are correct in that the view from many of the rooms is not that great - the car park across the road, but please, who sits in the hotel room looking out the window. We found the hotel to exceed expectations, our only problem was the room was freezing, and the heater just would not heat the place up. Brad on the front desk was great, offering to move us to another room, extra blankets etc. Unfortunately as it was a Saturday the air con could not get fixed until the Monday. We put up with is as we were not in the room all that much anyway (it turned out the thermostat was broken). Brad was great in ensuring we had a great stay.

Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Perthguys
Reviewed 30 July 2009

This place was great value. Great rooms. Central location. Got excellent service from "Jade" (No i am not her friend, relative, etc....) I would definitely return. As a side note, went to Gouger Street Cafe and it was terrible! I would not recommend it.

Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple