“Superb!”

Ranked #112 of 1,668 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepalese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Established in 2003, The Himalayan Kitchen is a family owned and run business. Dishes created using homemade spice mixes and fresh local ingredients. There is a variety of meat, chicken, fish and vegetarian. Dishes created using homemade spice mixes and fresh, local ingredients. There are plenty of Gluten free and vegan dishes available.
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Absolutely fantastic food. Very flavoursome. Friendly staff. Enjoyed the singing bowls brought around. Relaxed atmosphere. Stumbled across this and we thought must try. Not at all disappointed. Only negative is corking charge of $13.00! So we purchase a glass of wine each at $6.00. Otherwise do go & try. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank ChrisandDaryl

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My hubby and I booked in for the Valentines Day banquet @ $45 per head, which was reasonable compared to restaurants across Adelaide. Glad we were given the recommendation by the owner to come @ 6.30pm - contrary to the previous review, we were served really promptly on arrival. They even accommodated for us as we were only able to eat the fish / vegie dishes from the menu - pre-arranged for a vegie entree platter to share.

For main, we selected the fish dish, which tasted amazing and was our fave! Also, ordered an eggplant and potato dish. Mains came with rice, naan, daal.... we were stuffed and just had enough room for dessert, which was a mango and pistachio ice cream.

Regarding service, I thought it was sweet that the owner's daughter was trying to assist with service. As the place busied up more, however, her inexperience became a bit of a hindrence with managing the restaurant. Although she appears very confident with approaching people, which is great, I was there at the time that she was taking down the previous reviewers drink orders and found this a tad inappropriate.

Otherwise, we had a great dining experience!

1  Thank Sh3ikher
Reviewed 14 February 2014

waited over 60 minutes to get even a drink order and longer to get any food. Finally our dinner arrived but it took an unreasonable amount of time. The waitress was friendly but they were obviously understaffed. They also had a child about 9 "helping" to wait tables. Because of this the kitchen struggled to read her handwriting and i got the wrong wine. not a big issue generally but given that it had taken an hour this was not helpful.

BhimD, Owner at The Himalayan Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Hi Yolanda,
Thanks for your feedback. I completely understand your frustration as you did wait a long time. I'm so sorry I was unable to serve you sooner. At that time I had realised my help was needed also in the other dining area due to new and inexperienced staff. I was trying to be everywhere, so sorry that I couldn't give you the service you deserved. My daughter had noticed your table waiting a long time so she took it upon herself to take your order. Sorry for bringing the wrong wine that was my mistake.

We do hope you dine in sometime soon, so that we can make up for your last visit. We care about all our diners and want them all to be satisfied giving all our effort.
All the best, The Himalayan Kitchen Team

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

What can a person in this earth expect with the combination of lovely music, excellent environment and mouth watering meal in my first date. Thank you himalayan kitchen making our day.

1  Thank Hindmars
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The atmosphere at the Himalayan Kitchen was fantastic, the service was lovely and we were well entertained by the sweet children who were helping that night :) The food was the best I have ever tasted, and the service was lovely. We were allowed to sit in the back area, which was lovely and romantic and thoroughly enjoyed looking at the pictures of Nepal around the walls. It was quite busy in the front area so we found that there was a little wait on the food, however it was definately worth the wait, and it just made for a lovely relaxing night. Would definately recommend this restaurant to others, and thoroughly regretted trying another Nepalese restaurant on our last dinner out. We will definately be back again in the near future :)

1  Thank Sara M