“Excellent function venue”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Gawler, Australia
“Excellent function venue”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Recently had my 30th at Suzie Wong's room and could not fault anything at all. Nina was super helpful and had every aspect of planning covered for a party of about 80 people. Venue itself is great, quirky with a bit of charm and different from the generic types of function centre or beer garden. Everyone attending from 18 to 85 liked it, which is hard to do. Great selection of drinks and spirits beyond available at similar type venues. Food was great and plentiful, and great value as well. Staff were all really friendly and engaged throughout the night.Overall a great place and look forward to getting back in soon. Thanks again.

• Visited February 2014

Adelaide, Australia
“Seriously, why would people rave about this place”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Décor quirky, menu seemed good, and we thought we were in for a few nice drinks and a good meal before an AEC show. Man oh man! How wrong we were. We ordered drinks at our table, of which none arrived, and we put it down to it being busy. We then enquired about the drinks and ordered food. An hour later we enquired about our meals to be told they were being plated and on their way out. 15 minutes later (10 minutes before our show) we realised some of the other patrons were cancelling their orders. We enquired again, so I food arrived as the show basically started.
The food: mine was ice cold so it was clear it was quickly grabbed from a freezer and microwaved. Others who had such an over heated meal that they almost burnt her mouth. Classic case of too short and too long in the Microwave.
We hurried down the food as we were so hungry, went to pay and although we mentioned this to the manager/ owner, were offered little in terms of sincere apology.
With Enzo's just down the road, this place will never see me again, and I will be sure to spread word of my experience. Very unfortunate as we thoroughly looked forward to it.

• Visited October 2013
“Ah so right at Wongs”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Every once in a while you get to experience something above the ordinary. The unique quirkiness of Suzie Wongs just works. An eclectic mix of our hosts treasures decorate throughout, and provide a never ending feast for the eyes. A "welcome to my world, you are my guest please enjoy". The retro furniture brought memories of mums kitchen, a happy place of food laughter & conversation. We were not disappointed at any level. Our host for the night was the owners mum, (after working all day elsewhere)and we could see where the daughter gets her energy from! Gracious, warm & friendly, a delight in conversation. The food is Polish/Hungarian, and definately home style. Beautiful! Absolutely fantastic! For me, the Goulash served simply in a bowl, was to die for. The temptation not to share with my partner was overwhelming it was sooooo yum yum yum. ( I spared a small morsel). She ordered the Cabbage rolls, and didnt want to share either! We were lucky to have had Denkas cheesecake on the menu, again, wonderful home baked food. Home style comfort food par excellence. Do yourself a favour...... (loved the SMS booking, amazingly quick & friendly response)

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bill_of_adelaide
“Amazing”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My first time dining with a Friend at Susie Wong, this was a amazing experience. We were met as we walked through the door and seated very quickly. The atmosphere and the vibe of the restaurant was Amazing. The food was just Fantastic, just like having a meal at home. The Staff's customer Service was the best I have ever experienced, the never left you waiting, and they made sure conversations were held with all the Diners. I felt as though I was having a meal at a Friend's place, great food, great conversation and just a wonderful evening. This is a restaurant that I will return to and tell everyone to experience this wonderful restaurant with brilliant Customer Service and home comfort food at a good price. Thanks to the Staff who make you feel comfortable with great conversation.

• Visited July 2013
“What a Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Great atmosphere, good food at a good price,decent wine list, and on the night , a live band. The very best surprise, the staff. Friendly service staff, who actually enjoyed doing the job. Don't be fooled by the name..the food was Hungarian/European.All together a fun evening that I would highly recommend.

• Visited June 2013