“A great all rounder”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've been to Ruby Red (as I call it now) many times and every visit is a great dining experience. From the enthusiastic and passionate waiters to the eclectic tableware and décor and the 'all Italian' wine list to the blackboard menu of rustic Italian share dishes - this place is a great all rounder. I usually go as early as I can to get a good table (they don't take bookings) and this time I had a friend with me from Melbourne who is a self professed foodie. We shared the lamb cutlets, seafood skewers and divine and indulgent mushroom polenta. Make sure you leave room for dessert the semi-freddo completed our meal nicely. My Melbourne foodie friend's verdict - loved it.

1  Thank desertspins

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Extensive, largely Italian menu with numerous plates to share and an array of specials. Food was fresh and imaginative, environment slightly quirky and all the servers both friendly and informative about the menu. We had lunch for 4 and it will now move to being a favourite.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Friends recommended Ruby Red to us and it didn't disappoint
Casual style suited the evening and the waitress suggested the plates for us
For four people we had 3 small plates and two large and this was plenty, lots of variety and great tastes

1  Thank Ken S
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My 3rd visit to Ruby's this time with husband and kids in tow. Yet again outstanding, atmosphere great and toasty warm even in the marquee area. Kids loved the food, no issues feeding them. Service was great and fast, wine delicious and the waiters knew what they were talking about and didn't try to upsize everything. Struggled to the last bite but we ate it all!! Didn't get to dessert (again!) as just too full. Next time will have to save room! Definitely in my top 5 favs in Adelaide even though you can't book!! Good thing is if Ruby's is too full, just walk around the corner to their pizza restaurant Tony Tomatos and enjoy the BEST pizza you'll ever have!!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had lunch at Ruby Red Flamingo, the first time I had been there, will certainly revisit. In a heritage building, with both outside and inside dining areas, the decor is quirky, retro with mismatched plates, glasses. An Italian menu with lots of choice including pasta dishes. I shared 3 dishes with a friend - the salmon (carpaccio style) cured in beetroot & fennel, sardines bruschetta style with pine nuts, caramelised onions and a large skewer with chargrilled calamari, prawns, mushrooms etc. served with fresh bread, was a filling meal. All excellent quality and very fresh. A glass of prosecco added to the dining enjoyment.