“Enjoyed my stay!”

Adelaide Backpackers Inn
London, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed my stay!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Very nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff and cool fellow travellers. Extremely clean kitchen and sanitary facilities. Really enjoyed staying here. Not a party hostel and has lockers in the corridor.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank annie8273

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed a couple of days with some friends and we really enjoyed our stay there. It was very clean (room, bathroom, kitchen) and comfortable. There were enough showers and space in the kitchen, (we never had to wait to cook or shower)The staff was really friendly and it was just awesome when they organized a free barbecue for Xmas. Very good quality for the price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Norwich, England
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here with one friend in early January. Really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were massive and had air-con (essential when it's 40 degrees). The kitchen was really well equipped and the showers and toilets were individual which was nicer than the big communal bathrooms. The staff were so nice and helpful with directions etc. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the shops and bars though as Adelaide is quite quiet that's fine. Also there's a few bars and restaurants just 2 minutes away. Also free wifi worked in the rooms as well which was handy.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Best, The Netherlands
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Hello people,

Me (34) and my girlfriend (24) were staying at the backpackers Inn in Adelaide, which is only 5-10 minutes walk from the city centre. The room we had was clean and had a nice bed. Above everything was the friendly staff, who explained us a lot, arranged a cheaper booking to Kangaroo Island and who also had a friend (Tom) who drove us to Apollo campervan hire by his own car...now that was a piece of pure Australian mentality that you do not get everywhere. So we do recommend Backpackers Inn Adelaide!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JeroenEsje
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

As the title says, I love this hostel. It is a small hostel in a big family house and it feels like it too. The people are awesome and it feels a bit like student life.

To be honest, I have been in Australia for 22 months and I stayed in hundreds of different beds but the beds in this hostel are the most comfortable and nicest I have ever seen in my life. They are huge and have ergonomic mattresses. Absolutely perfect beds and also the rooms are very spacious and friendly looking. My favourite room was F/G but that was probably because of the great people I met there ;)

The kitchen is super. It is very very well equipped. It even has an oven :) I love the system that you can have your own cupboard drawer (big!) to store your food. Also baking utensils and all sorts of things you normally wouldn't find in a hostel. Free coffee, tea and milk ( for coffee only ;) ).

The bathrooms are modern and clean. If you use the one upstairs ( my favorite ) It is just like home with your own bathroom all to yourself.

Free Wifi is another big plus.

The hostel is close to the city but not to close to be too loud. It has the perfect location. You walk into the city to Rundle Mall in 10 short minutes and 5 minutes to the Central Markets which is the best place to get cheap and good food.

Now the staff....

I don't know about who is there now and who isn't but two staff members who will be there are Josh and Trevor (Owner). I love you guys and to be honest I really miss you. I know you will read this so yeah. I told you this time I'm not coming back too soon. Unfortunately I was right but I hope you will be there when I will return, someday somehow :)
You are the heart and soul of the hostels. Without you it wouldn't have been the same.

I recommend this hostel to everyone who goes to Adelaide.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed here for one month. Great experience, very nice rooms, we tried two bedroom, four bedroom and six bedroom too. Very equipped kitchen, with free coffee and tea, nice toilets and showers, cleaning service every days! Free wifi. Close to the centre, bus and tram stop, supermarket. Thank you very much to Trevor, the owner, for your friendly and for helped us in our first month here in Adelaide. Thanks to two very nice women who make cleaning and to the reception staff too. Donatella and Alessandro

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alessandro-Donatella
jpha88, Manager at Adelaide Backpackers Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Hi
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank-you for your review.
Darwin, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I stayed here for a week when I went to Adelaide, my first impression wasn't great to be honest as I arrived at the backpackers tired from travelling and carrying my things, to find that I was locked out of everywhere, and there was no member of staff at the desk inside the reception, I then had to wait on the street for 20 minutes until luckily another member of the hostel turned up and let me in, however, It still took a considerable amount of effort to find anyone, I ended up going upstairs as I was so frustrated and I eventually found a guy who checked me in.
After this I had no problems with the hostel, the cleaners clean the bathrooms everyday and they are friendly, the lounge is really nice, loads of chairs, beanbags, computers, a tv etc. And the Internet was free which was a nice touch, although sites like YouTube were blocked.
Free tea and coffee was nice and the location is ok, about a 15 minute walk to the city, but you will find there isn't a great deal to do in Adelaide so it's normally fine.
Beds were very comfortable and clean too. My only other issue wasn't with the hostel, but it was with my roommates, let's just say, they liked smoking all kinds of things, this made my stay a bit more uncomfortable. I was happy to leave after a week because I felt like I had exhausted Adelaide, but if you are going to go there, then I can recommend this hostel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Matt C
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to reivew our Hostel

I am sorry you found it hard to get in contact with a member of staff on check-in, we have reviewed our practice of giving the appropriate information to guests on checking in.

As with regards to the smoking, we operate a no smoking policy in the hostel and out on our patio, smoking is only allowed out on the public street (which of course we have no control of).