I used the Grand Chifley for a special purpose ....
1. I had a car I needed to park at the hotel every night,
2. I wanted to be close to the city center.
3. I needed room availability for 3 weeks over Christmas & new years (Dec 17 to Jan 6)
4. I wanted a refrigerator in my room,
5. I wanted easy access to the parks surrounding Adelaide (to exercise) &
6. I wanted it all at a "reasonable price".
I used past reviews & the Grand Chifley came out on top.
Some comments on what I wanted versus what I got ....
car park I got, but some nights it was a squeeze, but I always found a space in the Grand Chifley, or one of the adjacent hotels tied to the Chifley chain. My car was small so I could squeeze it into small spaces.
Everything else I wanted was fine, except I was a bit peeved that I was charged for 3 bottles of water when I checked out:
a) they were left out on the shelf top as if they were routine supplies (like the soap, shampoo, coffee, sugar & towels) ... I did not use the wine or chocolates or other supplied drinks in the minibar/refrigerator!
b) I didn't track my usage, but am pretty sure it was 2 bottles only!
I honestly don't care enough to shout & scream at management, I just think it is frivolous & cheap! But then I did get a good price ... so why should I complain!
Because the Grand Chifley was able to deliver on the 6 items I wanted, I really have no complaints .... they definitely delivered on what I wanted.
On additional items that were not so significant for me:
i) I would point out that the TV is pretty limited to local transmitted channels (not an issue for most people) ...
ii) on arrival I was originally assigned a room in the wrong place (adjacent Chifley motel) which required a few minutes of clarification regarding my "actual" booking.
iii) I did not interact with staff much, or use the restaurant or the pool, so cannot comment on those additional features.
I consider the Grand Chifley as an upscale motel or a downscale hotel ... it fills a mid level niche, and I believe it does a good job in that niche! I rate it average as it does not make out to be a high end hotel, it is a very good mid level (average) motel/hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sage Hotel Adelaide is conveniently located on the Southern Fringe of Adelaide CBD, overlooking the picturesque and tranquil South Parklands.Zouk Restaurant is open for Breakfast and Dinner 7 days a week and offers modern australian cuisine in a contemporary setting. Room Service is available 24 hrs.Friendly Staff, clean, modern rooms and FREE Parking, all within a 20 minute walk to the city centre make Sage Hotel Adelaide the perfect base for your stay in Adelaide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sage Hotel Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Chifley Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- 208 Hotel Adelaide