“Lovin it !!!”

Greenways Apartments
Victor Harbor, Australia
“Lovin it !!!”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I love this place.... Sure its not 5 star but it is a quirky, homely group of apartments in a 3 story complex.
Honestly the rooms are clean tidy but yeh it is an older complex. It is very homely and I can't help but feel like I'm staying at Grandmas. It even smells like Grandma.
I love staying at this apartment as do the rest of my family.

Room Tip: It's not too noisy but if you have a choice avoid the rooms that face the main road
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TeamJaffa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed at Greenways in October 2012 while taking part in a national tour with a band. There were 7 of us adults and as such, accomodationwas always going to be an issue. Greenways allowed us to spend less than $200/night and all stay in the one location.

We were very happy with the location (just north of the CBD) and with the facilities. Our Appartment consisted of one massive, fully furnished queen bedroom, a second large furnished queen room, one large room with three single beds, a fully equipped kitchen, dated but very clean) bathroom, dining area, lounge room (with a further bed and fully stocked with books and board games - i liked this extra touch) and a final sunroom style bedroom with single bed. Everything was clean, although the furniture was dated. For the price we paid, I thought the value was exceptional! As I work with bands on tours and Adeliade is always difficult to find suitable accomodation, I have referred a number of people to Greenways already and will continue to do so. My Husband and I are also considering staying for a week in mid 2013.

There is a pub and cafe across the road, bus stop at the front door and the Childrens Hospital is also just across the road. Parking was not a problem, although I imagine if all rooms were booked this could be difficult. The only points of consideration were that we couldnt find a rubbish bin and that with a large group staying there, a second bathroom (or even a seperate toilet!) would have been very useful.

I will return to Greenways and feel that perhaps there has been a change of management since some of the earlier (negative) reviews.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank CherryDee
adelaide
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I stayed in this place for two weeks while finding a place to live. I booked the room while still in Sydney and read these reviews after I had booked. I was worried it was going to be bad but it wasnt at all. The rooms were secure with locking security doors, the kitchen had everything we needed and the double plate windows kept all the street noise out. The place isnt new, and the kitchen lino was a bit old, but the place is clean and tidy and not some crack den as suggested by others. We were given fresh towels and linen every few days, and a big clean once a week. There isnt as many car parks as rooms, but this was only a drama once when my car was blocked in for half an hour. The staff were friendly and were nice to chat to, and asked us how things were going with finding a place. I think for 105 a night, this is a good deal.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank andy g
Cromwell, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stayed four nights and were really ok with the Property we had read the comments of others
and were well aware of what might be there.
We found the staff good and helpful
The rooms while not modern were clean and comfortable Handy to bus routes to city centre
We would stay there again

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Whyalla, Australia
Reviewed 7 February 2012

great location for our needs, being asthmatic i felt like i was going to have an attack as soon as i walked in. i couldn't believe we payed $160/n for this place it was dusty, there was a used towel still hanging up stains all over the place, there was black electrical tape over the light fittings in the walls, really safe. after our 1 hr in the room we managed to book accommodation at the Adelaide Caravan Park on Richmond road and sacrificed our deposit to get out of that hell hole, we wouldn't recommend to anyone

Room Tip: dont come here
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Adelaide hotels

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 6 October 2011

As others have said the place is run down. The place was obviously not cleaned properly. A build up of hair and dust in the bathroonm and even worse the toliet had a clean seal put on it but it haden't been cleaned!

There was only one perspective for the lady manager/owner and that was she was right and I was wrong. There was a distinct lack of helpfulness from staff.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
SA
Reviewed 20 September 2010

really disappointing. Dirty, grungy, ancient. Was not expecting a 5 star experience but immediately upon entering wished we had not already paid. The apartment was dirty, dirty, dirty. Stains on carpets, dubious stains on sofa, Disgusting cracked, glass in shower, broken tiles, mirrors, Horrible. Was embarassed to even say we were staying there and certainly never would again. Kitchen facilities - kettle, not touching that! Toaster, disgusting, rusty, grimy. not touching that either! And as for the carparking I was assured of over the phone before booking. we counted 18 parks for the 40+ apartments. the first night we had to drive around until someone left the carpark. The second night we parked illegally in the Uni car park next door. Never ever again. wish I had taken some photos. They would have been a little different to the ones I had seen on their website!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business