“East End Cellars - great find”

Tasting Room - East End Cellars
Ranked #380 of 1,690 Restaurants in Adelaide
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Wow! If you are looking for a neat little place for good wine and a tasting plate look no further. Tucked away behind the Belgian Beer House at east end of Rundle St this place is worth a visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

A beautifully designed, World class wine shop offering a carefully and wisely chosen selection of Australian and imported wines and spirits together with light meals and wine tastings. Staff are friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgable and they give truly independent advice based upon what the buyer may wish to buy not upon what the seller is anxious to sell. No gimmicks; no hard sell. A sanctuary. A supermarket free zone. We have come upon one arguably superior wine shop in the world. It is in Paris.

1  Thank billandlyn
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was pottering around East End as I was staying near by at the Crown Plazza for a conference and by chance found the Tasting Room. At the time I was actually trying to decide which cafe I would visit for a cup of hot chocolate due to the weather. I was so pleasantly surprised to find the testing room that I stayed and had a glass of local shiraz from South Australia with a delicious cheese platter. This was one of my first visits to South Australia so I am not to familiar with South Australian wines. The staff where so very helpful, friendly and guided me through the wine selection. I was so delighted to find that tasting room that I rang a friend to join me. A great place to visit for not only the wine lover but for any one that was a little magical surprise in their day.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

A wine lover's haven.
A good but basic selection of preserved meats and cheese to have with your wine. Have a glass from the eclectic selection that changes regularly or buy a bottle from what must be hundreds in the shop because it is a wine shop as well as a bar.
This is the place to meet straight after work or before you get to a proper restaurant.
We met with friends from Melbourne and had a platter of salumi and cheese with a coupel of excellent local SA wines. A Riesling and a Nebiollo. Service was brisk and efficient

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Wine shop, charcuterie and wine bar rolled into one.
It's a great format and the staff possess an encyclopaedic knowledge of their product.
We shared a bottle from the premium room and a delicious platter.
The place was very lively with a healthy cross-section of customers, suggesting it will become a fixture on the Adelaide cultural scene.