“Disappointed ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A beautiful building and the food was good. We shared an entree of antipasto. Unfortunately we never made it to mains as the service was terrible. My friends were waiting for me for over 20 mins with no drink. Someone had seated them and given them a menu but not offered a drink. I had to flag someone to get a drink and we quickly ordered to avoid waiting again. The glasses were hot- no ice offered or even a sorry. No one came to check if we wanted anything else, hence not ordering anything else. We were hoping it would get better but clearly there was no manager on that night to lead the staff.

Laura C, General Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Kirsty H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me; claire.ritchie@jamiesitalian.com.au with a convenient time to do so.

Many Thanks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,867)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I waited a very long time to visit Jamie's as Adelaide has so many good if not amazing Italian restaurants but finally we went before an opera. The food was as yummy as expected although the menu still seemed fairly traditional. The venue is great with use of some brass railings and toilets downstairs in what I think may have been vaults. Table in a corner was fabulously private, service was great and prices reasonable. Definitely worth a visit.

Laura C, General Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Susicam,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to having you back in the restaurant again, for any reservations please feel free to contact me directly and ill personally book you in; claire.ritchie@jamiesitlian.com.au

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in to Jamie's on a Friday for lunch during a visit to Adelaide. The kids were greeted as warmly as we were and given colouring materials at arrival and the stuffed emu our daughter had with her was even offered it's own chair at our table.
Legendary move from the staff!
We could of been served anything after that and walked out happy, but our meals were absolutely delicious!
I can see how some may think it's expensive however when you consider the quality and freshness I'd think it's reasonable.
The building and decor itself is beautiful and downstairs is a must see.
Our very chatty kids enjoyed giving the staff a full run down of their meals and although they were busy they took the time to kneel down, listen and chat.
Without a doubt will be back (with grown ups) to nestle in for an enjoyable evening.

Hi MrsMayGow,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to having you back in the restaurant again, for any reservations please feel free to contact me directly and ill personally book you in; claire.ritchie@jamiesitlian.com.au

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Waited an hour for table service to return to recharge our drinks. Waited 1.5 hours for our meal in which we weren’t made aware of wait times. Table service average. Still waiting for table service to come take our money! Sick of waiting

1  Thank staceypasc0e

Hi Staceypascoe,

Thank You for taking the time to leave a review, I would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me at claire.ritchie@jamiesitalian.com.au with a convenient time do so.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rather to my surprise, at our visit on a very cold midweek night the place was pumping with almost every table taken - and the dining area is big. Very impressive physically: a huge solid mid-Victorian banking chamber has been converted to this new purpose and no expense spared. Top place to take people you want to impress. The staff were cheerful and run off their feet, which was maybe why they forgot our wine, despite two reminders, until we had nearly finished. The explanation was 'we've run out of wine glasses'!!
As many other reviewers have said, the food is adequate but in view of the prices (high by my standards) nothing exceptional. The sauce on my pasta dish was very tasty and made carefully, but there wasn't enough of it. In fact the whole dish was far too mean in size. Side salads were extra and also very small. You will have to dig deep if you want to go home full, I think. Apart from the setting, I'd choose one of the family Italian restaurants which abound in Adelaide. But, notwithstanding all that, as I said it was full of apparently satisfied diners.